Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 06:56 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Not true.

These fine cabinet members have been working overtime to undo all the damage done to the nation by this now private citizen, who once thought he was president of the world. In less than six months they nearly wiped out his harmful regulation and disastrous policy's. Under President Trump's fine leadership his cabinet is working together to the benefit of the American people.
And what exactly has Trump and his cabinet accomplished? Get back to us on that, because it will take a while for you to figure out something. In the meantime, I watched the video and noticed the Nikki Haley and the man right after her didn't suck up to Trump. They just said something vague about their job description and smiled. They were the only people in the video who didn't parrot what "an honor and privilege it was to serve with him," so his staff was probably coached to do this. I wonder if Trump prompted them to say something before the video was shot.

Last edited by Scooby Snacks; 06-13-2017 at 07:43 AM..

Old 06-13-2017, 06:57 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Unhinged bleating. Sniveling grovelers. ...

Probably sounds better in the original Russian.

Da!

Old 06-13-2017, 07:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Narcissist Trump has his staff kiss his ass at his first cabinet meetinf
That was hyper-awkward. North Korea style for sure. I thought they were going to get on their knees and worship him.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:00 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Not true.

These fine cabinet members have been working overtime to undo all the damage done to the nation by this now private citizen, who once thought he was president of the world. In less than six months they nearly wiped out his harmful regulation and disastrous policy's. Under President Trump's fine leadership his cabinet is working together to the benefit of the American people.

Little early for a blunt, isn't it?

Old 06-13-2017, 07:04 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,901,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Everything about him is strange. He never developed as a human, and by having being given $$ and just taught how to perform a particular way, it overshadowed anything else. He became so used to being pretentious, that his entire being is just a persona he created, a stuffed shirt. The false front is whom he exhibits, since there is nothing else. Then being so damaged, he got in the habit of lies and deception being the way to escape blame and get through life, never taking responsibility.

So when he is off tooting his own horn and being applauded, it is all he relates to, used to having the "persona" fueled by accolades. He is absolutely flat and empty as a person and those having had to be around him, surely have found out. But his superficial "showman" fooled those who don't deal with him personally who like to believe only what he portrays and his so-called, "glamorous past". I think a lot has been embellished since young, points his fans want to believe.

I have mentioned a story of him punching his music teacher in the eye when in grade-school, and wasn't expelled (getting away with stuff from the start) - but what kind of kid reacts like that? Later, sent to a military school, due to his behavior. He must have learned very early to react aggressively, being angry, bullying and excused, as a way of life and remained stunted, emotionally. (His Father must have been a real piece of work, also).

Well, it's involved, I don't know his whole story, but is so extreme, it intrigues me. An example of how some deeply-flawed individuals run loose, affecting other people's lives. I cannot believe this has occurred and can't wait for it to be over.
There are some interesting biographies of Trump which include accounts of his childhood and adolescence. Very enlightening reading. "The Making of Donald Trump" came out last year - its author knows Trump personally and has worked with him. There are others, all published by reputable publishing houses.

And yes, these bios. are "fair and balanced" - and documented.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:05 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I just saw this clip last night. Really, really creepy. The entire thing was definitely staged, I bet even some Trumpers would admit that.

Trump wants everybody to bow before his greatness. What a weird, low self-esteem guy Trump is. To be so arrogant and obnoxious, Trump is as sensitive as a 12 year old kid.
The fact that there is 22 pages of comments on this in 18 hours speaks to the sensitivity of the opposition as well.

Trump is who he is. He is 70 yrs old and is not changing who he is - especially since he won the presidency being who he is.

The Cabinet people were probably told to say something positive - but not given a script.

This is really not a big deal in the scheme of everything else going on.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:05 AM

Stepford Cabinet, to be sure.

Sad...really, really sad.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:06 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,109,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Little early for a blunt, isn't it?
I think it's too late. The brain cells have been fried by too many blunts too early and too often.....

Old 06-13-2017, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Most members of this cabinet are people who did well in the private sector. Yet they cow-towed to Agent Orange and his needy ego. One must assume they expect his agenda (if any of it actually gets passed) will make them richer. Follow the money.
Money or power - or fear. It's certainly not any sense of self-esteem or self-respect that's driving their behavior. The Trump administration is becoming more and more cult-like.

Scary.

Old 06-13-2017, 07:31 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
[quote=Scooby Snacks;48486176]
Quote:
And what exactly has Trump and his cabinet accomplished?
Get back to us on that, because it will take a while for you to figure out something
It didn't take much time at all.
Its no surprise that people who don't know what is going on in government would ask that question. Many cabinet members have been a part of the WH daily briefing. Reporters have ask them many questions but seldom does the media spend any significant time reporting on it.

Quote:
In the meantime, I watched the video and noticed the Nikki Haley and the man right after her didn't suck up to Trump. They just said something vague about their job description and smiled. They were the only people in the video who didn't parrot what "an honor and privilege it was to serve with him,"
Again you are inaccurate and unable to relate your observations factually. Mad Dog Mattis spoke about the great troops he leads and nothing about the president.

Quote:
so his staff was probably coached to do this. I wonder if Trump prompted them to say something before the video was shot.
This is just another baseless accusation like the Russian collusion. What you wonder is innuendo without fact in support. It is this kind of thinking that is helping the Russians more than helping the American people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies