Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 08:23 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Another weird thing I noticed about this video is how Trump smiled with that bizarre smug expression he has every time one of his cabinet members praised him, then crossed his arms. He would repeat this motion when the next employee praised him. Most of his employees did not seem sincere in their praise. If they were coached, and even if they weren't, and were just faking their emotion, why on earth would he bask in false on camera brown-nosing? His personality is beyond comprehension. Who would want to hear obvious lies from people? Wouldn't he rather hear nothing and perhaps receive a sincere compliment or two later? And is he really so clueless that he wouldn't realize how much criticism he would receive from this behavior?
After their humiliating performances here, these will be the last jobs any of the idiots every hold.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:26 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The fact that there is 22 pages of comments on this in 18 hours speaks to the sensitivity of the opposition as well.

Trump is who he is. He is 70 yrs old and is not changing who he is - especially since he won the presidency being who he is.

The Cabinet people were probably told to say something positive - but not given a script.

This is really not a big deal in the scheme of everything else going on.
In that is not that big of a deal, I agree, but the entire thing was disturbing and is just another oddity that diminishes how people view the newly elected President. In other words: Something Just Ain't Right With That Boy.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:26 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
In case no one has mentioned it, Obama's first cabinet meeting was April 20, 2009. Here is the report on THAT meeting:

Obama Convenes First Cabinet Meeting - CBS News

It is unclear (that I can find quickly) how many cabinet meetings Mr. Obama had, although by July 2013 he was reported to have held 21.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.3c7c602e1c89

The WP article notes that Mr. Clinton held 24 meetings in his eight years, Mr. Bush the Younger 49. It also noted that Kennedy disliked such meetings, as not being productive.

I rather doubt Mr. Trump will hold as many as Mr. Bush. Of course, if each such meeting turns into a 'love fest' featuring Mr. Trump, they could well become a weekly event.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:28 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
In that is not that big of a deal, I agree, but the entire thing was disturbing and is just another oddity that diminishes how people view the newly elected President. In other words: Something Just Ain't Right With That Boy.
I confess, I often think of those words of Jeb Clampett after he has to deal with Jethro Bodine. I imagine that the thought also resonated in some of the brains of some of the Trump cabinet members, after the meeting.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
Does anyone need further proof we are dealing with a creepy and bizarre cult at the highest level of governance? Disturbing on so many levels.
I firmly believe these yes people, whom ever they may be, are being paid off by Trump.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:30 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
In case no one has mentioned it, Obama's first cabinet meeting was April 20, 2009. Here is the report on THAT meeting:

It is unclear (that I can find quickly) how many cabinet meetings Mr. Obama had, although by July 2013 he was reported to have held 21.

The WP article notes that Mr. Clinton held 24 meetings in his eight years, Mr. Bush the Younger 49. It also noted that Kennedy disliked such meetings, as not being productive.

I rather doubt Mr. Trump will hold as many as Mr. Bush. Of course, if each such meeting turns into a 'love fest' featuring Mr. Trump, they could well become a weekly event.
Thanks for highlighting the disgusting pro-Democrat bias in the mainstream media. The liberal lapdogs in the press never cease to amaze with their double standards and fake news.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:36 AM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Thanks for highlighting the disgusting pro-Democrat bias in the mainstream media. The liberal lapdogs in the press never cease to amaze with their double standards and fake news.
What????

No one is saying that Obama didn't have cabinet meetings. Of course he did and they discussed substantive issues. People are appalled that Trump first did his lying/bragging thing about how much he has accomplished when he hasn't done squat and then had cabinet members go around the table and talk about how great it is. It was creepy and disgusting.

The report on the Obama cabinet meeting said they talked about cutting the budget to save money and about how to instill confidence in the public that the economy would recover. They talked about real policy issues--not about how great their cult leader is.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:37 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
I truly feel sorry for the Republicans. They are in a hell of a pickle. Think about their position, even if they just a Congressperson, much less very close to the Trump's inner circle. It take a lot of courage to depart from the pack and say, "I think Trump is crazy as a loon. I resign my post." They are caught between a rock and a hard place. The Dems have it easy. All they have to do is watch the freakshow crash and burn, and no amount of criticism or investigating wrongdoing looks strange coming from them. But no matter what the Republicans do, someone is going to look harshly at their actions.

If they try to impeach, it will fail because they won't be able to get a majority vote. If they do nothing to stop Trump's behavior, people will criticize them for having no backbone. If they try to block the investigation, they are obstructing justice. If they are fully cooperative with the investigation, they have no loyalty to the party/Trump. With Trump in office, maybe the Dems being a minority in all branches was a blessing in disguise.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:38 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
What????

No one is saying that Obama didn't have cabinet meetings. Of course he did and they discussed substantive issues. People are appalled that Trump first did his lying/bragging thing about how much he has accomplished when he hasn't done squat and then had cabinet members go around the table and talk about how great it is. It was creepy and disgusting.

The report on the Obama cabinet meeting said they talked about cutting the budget to save money and about how to instill confidence in the public that the economy would recover. They talked about real policy issues--not about how great their cult leader is.
The press fawned over Obama and his cabinet meetings. With Trump, they don't even report on the substance of anything. It's all about deriding, mocking, and attacking.

Surely you aren't so blind that you can't see it? Maybe not.

Old 06-13-2017, 08:40 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
So you watched the display put on and saw absolutely nothing wrong with it, nothing just a little off? Please tell me you are not that naïve or brainwashed? Oh, as for the Press did nothing other than show what went on in the meeting, if that bothers you then maybe I have my answer before you reply.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies