Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 08:57 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times

Advertisements

When I first saw Trump's cabinet pledge of allegiance video clip, I thought it was an SNL skit. It wasn't until I started trying to figure out who was Kate McKinnon that it hit me this was the real deal.

I don't know how comics are going to top this that gathering for sheer ridiculousness.

How do you exaggerate something already outrageously absurd?

Old 06-14-2017, 11:56 AM

716 posts, read 393,391 times
It’s an ‘honor’ and ‘blessing’ to serve you.

Gag me with a spoon...

Old 06-14-2017, 12:27 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,529,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
This was unprecedented. Where in history has a POTUS instructed his entire cabinet to praise him before the cameras? I am surprised that none refused.
What is, or SHOULD BE, most disturbing about this is that not one damn one of them had the integrity to say NO to this obvious manipulation. The GOP is TERRIFIED of challenging tRump on anything. There was a time when some members of the GOP had integrity and would not bow down like a submissive child. They each made a spectacle of themselves. Makes me wonder if they will ever take a stand against anything he does. I cannot believe how embarrassed I have become to be an American. What is it about Trump that our elected officials allow him to undermine our democracy and they stand idly by? PATHETIC.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:33 PM

8,488 posts, read 6,891,592 times
Absolutely bizarre. The kind of thing you have seen in North Korea or in Iraq when Saddam was in power. Only Mattis didn't play the role of a Trump bootlicker. I hope these folks are as fervent in their devotion to the American people and the Constitution as they are to the President.

Old 06-14-2017, 12:37 PM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I WANT to see him that way? Are you nuts? Who on earth would possibly want a president to fail, especially due to a personality disorder he has no control over? He fails, we all fail. I am not a masochist. I wish he wasn't afflicted this way. Unfortunately, it is what it is.
Have to ditto this sentiment. The last thing in the world that we wanted was a President that was unfit for duty. But this is not some fairy tale or fantasy novel, this is the real world. We have elected a man to POTUS that is emotionally unsuited to the task, that has no enthusiasm for being a leader, that hates the way our government works, and who thumbs his nose at the fundamental principles that underlie our democratic Union. Trump's failure will affect us all in ways that will ripple into the future for generations.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:36 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
So you don't want the President and his cabinet to be on the same page? That seems really odd to me. What do you want? For them to be all at odds with the Pres?
A professional and working relationship is productive. That meeting was a worship fest for Trump.

Old 06-14-2017, 05:41 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
No ones medicaire is being taken away lol.

What the f are you talking about.
Don't you know what your party wants to do?

Quote:
In November, 2016,House Speaker Paul Ryan told Fox News that he would push legislation in early 2017 that would in effect end Medicare’s guaranteed health care benefits. For years Ryan has worked to replace Medicare with a voucher or coupon for seniors to use to purchase their health insurance. This threat to our earned health care benefits became even more serious when President-elect Donald Trump nominated Rep. Tom Price to be the Secretary of Health and Human Services. Like Ryan, Price has vowed to privatize, cut and change Medicare to a voucher program.

Speaker Ryan said he would bury the Medicare changes in the legislation to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act. This strategy is an effort to confuse and distract Americans who overwhelmingly support and depend on Medicare and wish to see it strengthened, not destroyed. This is not the first time Speaker Ryan has tried to dismantle Medicare and his plans are available on his website. They include:

End Medicare’s Guaranteed Benefits
https://retiredamericans.org/medicare-risk-2017/

Old 06-14-2017, 05:57 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
The responses from the Trump supporters about this blatant mandated Johnson sucking episode by his cabinet is why attempting intelligent discussion with them is worthless. I didnt vote for HC, am glad HC is not POTUS, but this scene was beyond belief, and any Trump supporter that cant see that has some mental issues to deal with . If you think this cabinet scene was funny or proper, seek help leaving the cult and learning to think for yourself again. It was a pathetic display.

And the suggestions that Obama killed the economy and Trump is now resurrecting it to record levels is just mind bogglingly stupid, even for the Trump cultists. The market started its record run under Obama,after GWB killed it, for those Trump supporters too stupid to read the newspaper themselves.

I dont bother coming here much anymore precisely because of unbelievable reactions like what are in this thread from the Trump cultists. Reading their responses makes me wonder just how low they can drive the collective IQ of the nation downward trying to explain and defend Trump.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:55 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
When I first saw Trump's cabinet pledge of allegiance video clip, I thought it was an SNL skit. It wasn't until I started trying to figure out who was Kate McKinnon that it hit me this was the real deal.

I don't know how comics are going to top this that gathering for sheer ridiculousness.

How do you exaggerate something already outrageously absurd?
Nothing absurd about a president and his cabinet being on the same page except in the mind of deranged liberals.

Old 06-14-2017, 06:56 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
What is, or SHOULD BE, most disturbing about this is that not one damn one of them had the integrity to say NO to this obvious manipulation. The GOP is TERRIFIED of challenging tRump on anything. There was a time when some members of the GOP had integrity and would not bow down like a submissive child. They each made a spectacle of themselves. Makes me wonder if they will ever take a stand against anything he does. I cannot believe how embarrassed I have become to be an American. What is it about Trump that our elected officials allow him to undermine our democracy and they stand idly by? PATHETIC.
Please describe what your "No" speech would have looked like. Curious minds want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies