Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2017, 08:18 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,458,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
More garbage from the Left, who are hostile to our Constitutional Republic, and are working to destroy it. They would actually prefer if we had a King, and all of us subjects.

Donald Trump is working to restore our Constitutional Republic by repealing many of Obama's illegal E.O.'s and Liberty destroying regulations that no place in our Constitutional system.

it's ironic that you say the left wants a king, when your Daddy starts his first cabinet meeting with the required universal kissing of the ring. It's also ironic that you say Trump is restoring our republic by repealing Obama's executive orders when the only thing Trump can point to as his achievement, besides the hijacked SCOTUS for which all credit should go to McConnell, is the large number of completely meaningless EO's Trump himself has signed. But I suppose when the white guy signs an EO it's legal and when the black guy does it it's illegal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 08:19 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

Donald Trump is working to restore our Constitutional Republic by repealing many of Obama's illegal E.O.'s and Liberty destroying regulations that no place in our Constitutional system.

Deep down you know that's a lie. Unless your one of his little rich friends he doesn't give a hoot about you. Now run along outside and play.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:37 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
There is nothing wrong with not believing in silent, invisible deities. What is wrong is having no conscience or moral standards. I'm a proud atheist. I also have a strong moral code which is more than Donald, the so called Christian, can say.
Where did/do you get your "moral code" from and basically what are the tenants? It's not an inbred thing so where did you learn it? Humans like all animals are not born with any other code than to survive and do what's best for THEM and of course their survival and (maybe) their immediate pack.
Moral anything is a learned concept that comes from somewhere.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:41 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,110,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
it's ironic that you say the left wants a king, when your Daddy starts his first cabinet meeting with the required universal kissing of the ring. It's also ironic that you say Trump is restoring our republic by repealing Obama's executive orders when the only thing Trump can point to as his achievement, besides the hijacked SCOTUS for which all credit should go to McConnell, is the large number of completely meaningless EO's Trump himself has signed. But I suppose when the white guy signs an EO it's legal and when the black guy does it it's illegal.

Ouch. Truth hurts.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
This election was all about SCOTUS and Roe v. Wade.

God certainly had nothing to do with it; the evangelicals embraced trump, a decidedly godless man. Even after the ***** grabbing Billy Bush tape in trump's own voice, the so-called religious right stayed with trump. What a bunch of hypocrites.
Truth.

Trump wouldn't be in office if it wasn't for Roe v. Wade and Hillary's response in the third debate to the abortion question. The religious right was slow to warm to Trump, but following the third debate they were all in and remain his most loyal supporters. I knew after the third debate that Hillary had just lost the election.

Old 06-15-2017, 11:43 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Based on your thread title.....The Madness of King Donald II....rather than the OP above, who is King Donald I ?

Old 06-15-2017, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
Well we didn't really have a pro-gay marriage choice at the time. It was between Obama and Hillary, who both hadn't yet "evolved" on the issue.
I'd guess I'm what one might say libertarian when it comes to marriage (I don't understand why anyone cares what kind of marriage someone else wants to have), and I don't believe that either Obama or Hillary was ever truly against gay marriage...just against approving publicly re feeling that such a position would be detrimental politically.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
He has a pretty well documented history and I see little difference between its past and present. I have no frame of reference, I grew up in the NYC area so have heard about the man for a long time, I don't know what his national coverage was like?

And maybe I'm off on the definitions but don't 'Evangelicals' tend more towards fundamentalism than the average self-professed Christian?

Personally, I care little about elected officials' religious beliefs as long as they are able to separate them from their secular duties, I'm just curious why certain religious groups support certain candidates.
I think IF there is a h**l, then Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid are going there. I once did a search...'Nancy Pelosi going to h**l', or something similar. I expected to see many hits about the ACA (one of the main reasons I think Pelosi would be going there....for her role in ramming it down our throats), but a vast majority of the hits that came up were instead about her pro-choice stance, especially re her cloaking herself in her Catholicism when it is convenient for her. Who knows what Trump's true beliefs are, but he claimed to be pro-life, and I think that had an effect on voters (and possibly more of an effect outside the NE).

Old 06-15-2017, 12:17 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,812,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I'd guess I'm what one might say libertarian when it comes to marriage (I don't understand why anyone cares what kind of marriage someone else wants to have), and I don't believe that either Obama or Hillary was ever truly against gay marriage...just against approving publicly re feeling that such a position would be detrimental politically.
Democrats, including Obama and Hillary, have always been supportive of LGBT causes while the GOP has always been anti-gay. While "gay marriage" had been a huge right-wing fear since the 1980s, politicians at a national level couldn't start openly supporting it until less than a decade ago because it wasn't popular.

Old 06-15-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
In Houston, TX, you didn't really hear much about Trump until he entered the political arena as a "serious" candidate. Most people here just thought about him as some billionaire with a television show. Since it was his show, he was portrayed in a very positive manner.

When coverage of him ramped up, most negative press was just considered mud slinging.

I'd guess that would be true in most of the US.

I'd bet there is a radical difference in how Trump was perceived regionally pre-election.
Yep.

And people who are part of a television audience responsible for the tacky, inane Kardashians becoming popular also vote, and (outside the NE) might believe a non critical presentation of Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies