Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 10:30 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Not while there's a federal law. Obama, Pelosi, and Reid had their chance. They blew it...
Nope. they lacked the votes.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:31 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Not their political belief. Supposedly, it's a Dem thing, but the Dems CHOSE to NOT decriminalize it when they had the Presidency, House, and Senate.
So, do you support Trump closing down the shops?

Old 06-13-2017, 10:32 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,938,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
Clearly we differ in our views.

One wonders how this country has gotten so polarized that rational educated people think completely differently on social, economic, and world views

I will say this, that the Democratic party leadership has turned hard left. So rational reasoned debate has become much more difficult. Yet the media and leftists try to claim the Republicans have turned hard right.
The reality is plain for anyone to see by looking at the (D) platform and the policies of Bill Clinton in the late 90's compared with today. There is no doubt the current crop of Democrats in office have gone hard left.
Yet if you look at the (R) platform and the policies of Bush, you can see that the (R's) are the same or if anything, more moderate.

This strikes liberals as false, but that is only because they are so far in left field, they have forgotten what moderate policies were like, not that long ago.
Ok.
I agree the Dems went too far left, but I disagree that the Repubs are in the least bit Moderate these days as a whole, especially when it comes to trump and sessions, trump is not political, his interests only revolve around himself, and sessions is as far right as one can get.
Yes, I do remember a day that while they argued and fought the Dems and Repubs could work things out, that changed around 2008 when the Repubs fought the Dem President tooth and nail and basically gave up on dialog or compromise. I remember more than one Bi-Partisan committee hashing out a compromise to pass a Bill and the Leadership of Both Parties refusing to approve it, happened time and time again. The government can barely pass a budget these days and the Repubs control both houses of Congress, in other words our government is broken and will either need to be repaired or discarded and rebuilt.
So, this is where we are, a majorly dysfunctional Family, something is going to have to give and I doubt it will be done in the courts, this is going to get very ugly. And Putin continues to laugh and laugh at how we eat our own, he plays chess and we are playing checkers. So much for the Grand Experiment, we became our own worst enemy, had to happen sooner or later, and with Trump the USA chose sooner. Is what it Is.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:34 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Nope. they lacked the votes.
BS. They crammed Obamacare down out throats via reconciliation. They could have decriminalized marijuana the same way.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:34 AM

2,993 posts, read 4,304,690 times
The backlash would be severe if sessions starts raiding cannabis dispensaries. I don't know why anyone thinks "cracking down on pot" is a good thing. This guy is a dinosaur and needs to go away.

Anyone whose against cannabis legalization is also against freedom. Simple as that.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:35 AM

17,004 posts, read 12,592,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Not to worry, Sessions days as AG are numbered, that is what happens when you tie you future to someone doomed to go down as one of the worst President in US history and of-course Lie like a pig in mud.
Sorry. Buchanan is safely at the bottom.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Your education failed you miserably. This is NOT a state's rights issue. A state has NO RIGHT to make something legal that is illegal at the fed level. NONE, NADA, ZIP! I see you are too cowardly to answer the question about a state over riding the 2A federal laws. Can they do it? Can they make fully auto assault rifles legal to purchase without a background check and legal to carry? If they did, would the Feds have a say? If so, why?
Sorry, you are not qualified to critic my education, but I see you believe you are
Actually the State does have the Right to legalize something that the Feds say is illegal, there is nothing in the Constitution that forbids it, but I see you are now a Federal sheep instead of a States Rights Patriot, how things change.
You asked me nothing on the 2nd A, but since you bring it up I will remind you that there is a Constitution that overrides any law passed that violates that document. I am a firm believer in that document, but I have my doubts that you are.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:37 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Presidency, House, Senate. Dems had that in 2009. They CHOSE to NOT decriminalize marijuana at the federal level.

What are you not understanding about that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
They did not have the votes. So no they could not decriminalize.
They also never said they had any intention of legalizing pot, so I am not sure why the poster keeps whining about it.

He won't say if he supports Trump doing this, so I guess he is stuck talking about Obama.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:38 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,347,290 times
Quote:
BS. They crammed Obamacare down out throats via reconciliation. They could have decriminalized marijuana the same way.
Nope. Lacked the votes within the party. Could not have gotten a unanimous party vote. Never had a chance of passing. And I suspect they would have gotten some Republican votes...but still not a majority in either house.

Old 06-13-2017, 10:39 AM

Quote:
And the Repubs and Trump can fix both issues, we see that they are not, you won remember, so it is up to your boys to correct the problems of the past, they have done Neither.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies