Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2017, 02:16 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Ok, so if these so called friends of yours are so wonderful and successful, why is it then that they use drugs? Escape reality? Enhance their existing reality? If they are truly and 100% content and happy with their "life", why then do they need, want and/or have the desire to do drugs?

I'm just curious because I've been in some pretty hard times during my life and I've also been extremely happy during times in my life, and not ever in any of these situations did I desire to use drugs.
First off, my "so called friends" exist. You are writing as if I made that up. Think whatever you want to but they do exist.

They use it because they want to. It is as simple as that. They think it is fun. You don't have to be down and out to enjoy it.

Just deal with it. Some people like how it makes them feel and they don't want others to tell them what they can or can't do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2017, 02:18 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Sorry to hear that.

If he smoked marijuana instead of drank would he be alive today? This is a serious question.
No.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:18 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
They want to do it. They think it is fun. Why do they need a reason? You don't have to be down and out to enjoy it.

Also, they don't desire it all the time.

Just deal with it. Some people like how it makes them feel and they don't want others to tell them what they can or can't do.
I love how a nice meal makes me feel. Doesn't get me high, light headed, buzzed, bla bla bla. So there's more to it then just wanting to feel good. There are lots of ways to "feel good" besides using something that alters psychological aspects of one's mind.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:19 PM

8,081 posts, read 6,959,794 times
Quote:
Ok, so if these so called friends of yours are so wonderful and successful, why is it then that they use drugs? Escape reality? Enhance their existing reality? If they are truly and 100% content and happy with their "life", why then do they need, want and/or have the desire to do drugs?

I'm just curious because I've been in some pretty hard times during my life and I've also been extremely happy during times in my life, and not ever in any of these situations did I desire to use drugs.
Because it's fun and relaxing. I too do pretty well for myself and so do a lot of my clients and friends.

No escaping, it's not some depressing thing. It's a green plant that you grind up and smoke real quick. It has nothing to do with a "need" or "desire" for an "escape" from reality or something. You're pretty cognizant even after smoking marijuana.

It's akin to drinking a beer when you get home without the carbs. I've never heard drinking a beer spoken about as if it's some depressing issue.

Why do you post on this board? Is it to escape reality, or is just something to pass time? Is it due to depression from your real life, or do you find it interesting sometimes?

See the difference?

Old 06-13-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Government is for the people, by the people, of the people.

I say, because oblunder care, if I have to pay for you to be treated for an overdose or clog up healthcare providers with drug related health concerns You don't get to put poison in your body.

Unless you intend to pay for the bill entirely on your own. Got it?
You can't Overdose on pot. Please find an article that states you can and an example of somebody that has. That argument has been brought up many times and it has never won.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:20 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,127,019 times
Quote:
First off, my "so called friends" exist. You are writing as if I made that up. Think whatever you want to but they do exist.

They use it because they want to. It is as simple as that. They think it is fun. You don't have to be down and out to enjoy it.

I totally believe that you got these friends you speak of, I'm simply emphasizing the word.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
No.
I am done discussing anything with you. Your one word and one sentence replies are not saying anything at all. Enjoy my ignore list.

Old 06-13-2017, 02:26 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:

I'm just curious because I've been in some pretty hard times during my life and I've also been extremely happy during times in my life, from being a bag of rice and a half bottle of soy sauce away from homelessness to receiving a huge sum of money and a very high paying job and not ever in any of these situations did I desire or even think about using drugs.
The following keystrokes will be totally wasted because they will fall on deaf ears that belong to someone wearing blinders.

Regardless, I have been using cannabis daily for over 45 years. I am in the high tech field, and have found its use very common among the best software engineers. That was true even back in the late 1970's. One of the main reasons people like me use it is focus and creativity. I don't care if you don't believe that, I was there, and I am one. It is true. The best of the best at Google, Apple, Microsoft, etc. are not even drug tested because they would lose too much top talent.

The FBI has even had to consider relaxing their marijuana policy because of this phenomena:

https://www.theatlantic.com/national...he-fbi/371279/

Even more recently, the Secret Service has had to do the same thing:

Secret Service relaxes marijuana policy - CNNPolitics.com

I have started and owned several businesses, my lungs and brain are still fully intact, and I can still use this keyboard. And as you can see I'm not an unusual case. So is this supposedly demon plant worth spending so much of society's resources by making it illegal?

Last edited by Raddo; 06-13-2017 at 02:48 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 06-13-2017, 02:31 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:

I'm just curious because I've been in some pretty hard times during my life and I've also been extremely happy during times in my life, from being a bag of rice and a half bottle of soy sauce away from homelessness to receiving a huge sum of money and a very high paying job and not ever in any of these situations did I desire or even think about using drugs.
So? You not wanting to means everyone who does is because they can't handle life? Maybe some just enjoy smoking with a few friends on the weekends? Is that really that hard to grasp?

Old 06-13-2017, 02:35 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
All illegal intoxicants.
I'll ask again: Other than the stroke of a pen, WHAT's the difference between legal and illegal intoxicants? Read the side affects of Ambien and make the case it's a better, safer sleep med than a toke or two of cannabis and a glass of wine, without lying.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies