Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 12:30 AM

29,210 posts, read 22,341,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
Im sure it must be so frustrating for the liberal establishment to keep making baseless charges against the President and to keep getting shut down completely time after time after time. I get it, you hate him, who cares, but you are also damaging your platform and support by continuing this crap. Please, just stop, and lets get on with doing what we can to help our country..ok?
No. The liberals aren't growing more angry.

But they aren't growing any less angry, either.

And until both sides reach a point where they respect the other's views, even though each disagrees with the other. don't expect the tit for tat to ever end. Even if some mutual respect for each sides honest views does arise, it will require some time before both sides quit tossing a rock or two at each other.

We can all duck an occasional tossed rock. But we can't ever get a thing done for as long as we barrage each other with buckets of rocks, thrown continuously.

The great sorrow is we all know that, but can't seem to stop ourselves. We all have to stop ourselves first before stopping will ever happen. And the rest of the world isn't just hanging around, waiting for us to come back to our senses.

The longer we engage in this duncery, the longer it will be before we all look up and realize what kind of damage we have done to ourselves from being so stupid for so long.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 12:46 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,223 times
"Liberals" would have lost against Trump had he found a way to pivot and actually accomplish something, anything.

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, yet watching the self-proclaimed smartest guy in the world, undermine himself daily is good stuff in the world of politics! I have not enjoyed a spectacle like this since reading Fear and Loathing On The Campaign Trail '72.

And knowing that Pence has had to hire top legal talent, when his net worth is lower than mine, is real icing on the cake. I bet he is so glad he hitched his wagon to Trump's mule. Maybe Donnie will cover Pence's legal costs? LOL

Old 06-16-2017, 01:16 AM

38,647 posts, read 26,361,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
You remind me of the over the hill guy who was a star quarterback in HS, and 30 years later he keeps talking about that one touchdown hail Mary pass that won the big game. Every bar in the country has one of those guys, and I bet one of you is sitting there too, bragging about Trumps big win.

I wouldn't be too proud, Waldo, your boy hasn't exactly thrown any touchdown passes yet.

If Trump gets nothing else done, putting Gorsuch on the Supreme Court makes his presidency a remarkable success story.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:28 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,730,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
If Trump gets nothing else done, putting Gorsuch on the Supreme Court makes his presidency a remarkable success story.
A "remarkable success" is nominating a guy for an open SCOTUS seat? It would have been "remarkable" only if he had left the seat empty.

And it may well be his greatest "achievement" in office, I do agree there.

Old 06-16-2017, 05:54 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,519,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
"Liberals" would have lost against Trump had he found a way to pivot and actually accomplish something, anything.

I cannot speak for anyone but myself, yet watching the self-proclaimed smartest guy in the world, undermine himself daily is good stuff in the world of politics! I have not enjoyed a spectacle like this since reading Fear and Loathing On The Campaign Trail '72.

And knowing that Pence has had to hire top legal talent, when his net worth is lower than mine, is real icing on the cake. I bet he is so glad he hitched his wagon to Trump's mule. Maybe Donnie will cover Pence's legal costs? LOL

Its all so entertaining to see tRump & close associates being taken down by tweets and tRump's childish verbal diarrhea.

Obviously, he has no concept of how to operate in an environment where he's accountable.

The fool still thinks he was elected "Boss of America" and can't grasp why he's under scrutiny and why all of his lies and cover-ups are causing him grief. Every day, he expresses rage at his self-inflicted wounds, blaming anyone and everyone but himself.

Instead, America is the boss and for the 1st time in his spoiled, overprivileged life, he's the employee and he's shown that he's incapable of making the shift.

He's a slow learner.

Old 06-16-2017, 08:59 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
hmmm

And what EXACTLY is happening to "us Americans"? How exactly has your life changed for the worst since Trump got into office? Did you become homeless? Did you lose your job? Are you starving? Do you still have your car? Are your kids still attending school?

Why are you angry?
Hmmm...

What is happening to us Americans is less and less progress and accountability from our POTUS/Congress, on behalf of "we the people" they are supposed to represent and serve! Too much influence and power in the hands of the few and/or special interests at the expense of the rest of us.

No, me and my family are doing rather well actually. Thank you, just like we were doing during Obama's two terms, with a roof over our heads, employment, eating, cars, kids now graduated from college...

Is this how we determine whether Trump and/or Congress is doing? The world doesn't revolve around just you or me or our most simple basics, not when it comes to politics domestic and foreign. Right? What of all the others still struggling with homelessness, poverty, lack of education and opportunity, never able to retire. What of all nearly half Americans who can't afford to pay for a $400 emergency? What of the constant "repeal and replace" of the ACA with nothing but hot air and threats of going from bad to worse -- backwards?!?

What of all who don't feel it is a good idea to insult all Hispanics or Muslims like Trump and his followers seem intent on doing? What of all who feel it is an affront to our rule of law to fire the head of the FBI for the reasons only Trump can justify? What of all who happen to believe that global warming is NOT a hoax, or at least that better protecting the environment should be a priority for the sake of our children and future generations? What of pulling out of the Paris accords as if we are departing from the rest of the world? What of the first time I can remember that our POTUS is concerned about visiting the UK? For fear of a negative reception..., etc., etc...

It was the prior comment that expressed the observation that American people are "losing," but that he/she is "not angry" but "amused." I wondered if that was appropriate. Now you have just a few of my many examples of what bad is happening to "us Americans" too, why I'm angry, just for starters.

Last edited by LearnMe; 06-16-2017 at 09:20 AM..

Old 06-16-2017, 09:18 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,696,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Reading comments like this, over and over, revealing how Trump supporters think, or better put, feel, about Trump, one begins to better understand what we as average Americans are up against, the rest of us anyway...

Just think about this comment above. Imagine the notion that only one nomination to the Supreme Court is feat enough to declare Trump's "presidency a remarkable success story." How typical with Trump supporters that the bar be held so low that just about anything Trump says or does is viewed as something of a success, regardless the actual outcomes or consequences.

Yes of course any appointment to the Supreme Court is an important presidential responsibility, but that responsibility comes with the job! Claiming this is already enough to declare Trump a "remarkable success" is like declaring the marriage of a couple newlyweds is a "remarkable success" because they kiss after cutting the wedding cake!

Old 06-16-2017, 10:08 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrt1979 View Post
So you're willing to incarcerate millions of Democrats to get a few alt right nut-jobs?

Sounds like a win win situation
I believe you have that reversed. Right-wing violence far exceeds anything the left could possibly have accomplished. Why do you think your skinhead and neo- Nazi organizations are on terrorist watch lists? Which left-wing groups are on there?

Seems to me you guys are suddenly trying to distance yourselves from your inherently violent ideaologies. It's funny to watch right-wingers pretend they aren't violent.

At any rate, to answer your question; yes I would be in favor of incarcerating both groups.

Last edited by ahzzie; 06-16-2017 at 10:39 AM..

Old 06-16-2017, 10:43 AM

5,993 posts, read 3,731,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I don't think you will get any argument from me there are radical anti-government Democrats. Been demonstrated constantly since your girl Hillary was defeated in landslide manner. Lots of "anger".
So now Democrats are anti government??? I thought you guys said we wanted too much government. Why the change of perception?

Hillary won the popular vote so that doesn't really qualify as losing in a "landslide". You're reaching.

Old 06-16-2017, 01:17 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,631,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's like you're tired of "winning" or something.

No need to tell such a big fib.

"His only known affiliations are as a registered Republican in his New York days, and as a member of the National Rifle Association while he was in the Army."

CNN.com - Timothy McVeigh - March 29, 2001

Of course, RW revisionists want to try to deflect the truth that McVeigh was an extreme anti-government right wing radical.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_McVeigh

You were saying?

waldo does this all the time, we really ought to have a go to thread where we log all the repeat incorrect post waldo makes.

I have dealt with Waldo, repeating the same claim that Waldo already knows is false.

Waldo posts it again a few replies down or in another thread.

Time and time again waldo does this, i guess she feels it works for her, maybe she gets paid per reply instead of pre post so she tries to incite replies. Of course there is a chance she is not paid, but i doubt it. Far too many of her posts are quick one liners making grand but easy to disprove claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies