Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 11:30 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,089,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
The guy ran a home inspection business. He is not living under a bridge talking to himself. So he is a normal functioning human being with some character flaws.

Regardless of that...it doesn't matter whether the shooter is mentally unstable or not. There are "mentally stable" people pushing more violent rhetoric against this administration - and it would not surprise me if their intent is to hope that someone does something like this. Because in the end - if someone is assassinated, that person is gone and can no longer operate and push their agenda - regardless of who does the shooting - which in the end benefits the opposition.
I read he'd lost his license to do business. That'll push a person over the edge.

It's all conjecture. If you think that people who are operating with a full deck are going to take up arms and start assassinating their Congress critters over political party rhetoric, I think you might want to reconsider what that sounds like.

Because people ultimately aren't going to risk their freedom and their lives over such a thing, even if they really don't like a politician.

THAT is where mental instability steps in.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:31 AM

34,937 posts, read 36,089,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I realize this is of very little importance considering several people have just been shot...

But it was just announced that the Democrat vs Republican softball game will still go on. I saw somebody mention on twitter that, in a sign of unity, the teams should be mixed up and democrats and republicans play together on both teams.

What an awesome idea.
I think that would be great. Provide a good example of working "across the aisle"... or would it be "across the diamond?"

448 posts, read 362,779 times
Default Dems say Baseball shooter was defending himself.

The dems are saying since Republicans want to kill everyone with health care the Baseball shooter was defending himself. Shooting was justified.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

9,338 posts, read 7,072,121 times
I hate Donald Trump, I can't stand him. But he nailed it. Well done.

https://twitter.com/AP/status/875016159925604352

Old 06-14-2017, 11:32 AM

19,399 posts, read 12,043,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I realize this is of very little importance considering several people have just been shot...

But it was just announced that the Democrat vs Republican softball game will still go on. I saw somebody mention on twitter that, in a sign of unity, the teams should be mixed up and democrats and republicans play together on both teams.

What an awesome idea.
It is a good idea. They should do that anyway.

5,993 posts, read 3,710,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I counted 5 posters in this thread that made semi-threats or warnings of more violence toward Republicans.

You are correct to try and tame that sort of talk and I wish you luck, but I don't hold much "hope".
I'm afraid the vitriol and violent tendencies are too prevalent and ingrained at this point.
And I've counted 5 or more right-wing posters on here who have threatened not only violence against the left but​ all out civil war. Guess you missed those threads huh?

88,613 posts, read 44,334,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
no one incites a person enough to go out and shoot people.
Well, maybe not shoot, but you're aware of a certain group's suicide bombers, no? It's the same susceptibility. They get brainwashed. Believe the propaganda spoon-fed to them. They're psychologically programmed to hate, if you will, even if that hate is completely illogical.

77,772 posts, read 104,218,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ11x View Post
Really? You read twitter lately? You missed how they have plays that have Trump like figure getting murdered? You miss the holding the head up of Trump thing?

There is a new level of hate today we've not seen before. I truly believe that if something, God forbid, awful happened to Trump, there would be noticeable cheers and happiness from many on the Left
and I don't think the hate is related to Republicans as much as so many still can't get over Trump winning. They hate him more than they hate Republicans. Add to all this, both houses are controlled by the right. I don't think most Democrats ever thought they would see this happening. The Hillary supporter, the Bernie supporters, the media and last but not least Hollywood. They all would do anything and say anything just to get him out of office. Well, to all of you, he is our president, like it or not and 4 innocent people were shot today. As of right now, it does appear the shooter just didn't like Trump.

44,990 posts, read 59,979,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I read he'd lost his license to do business. That'll push a person over the edge.

It's all conjecture. If you think that people who are operating with a full deck are going to take up arms and start assassinating their Congress critters over political party rhetoric, I think you might want to reconsider what that sounds like.

Because people ultimately aren't going to risk their freedom and their lives over such a thing, even if they really don't like a politician.

THAT is where mental instability steps in.
The story I read, which likely the same as you did, said no such thing. It did, however, state that the licenses had not been renewed. Totally different than "losing" a license.

Old 06-14-2017, 11:33 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,483,367 times
Who is saying this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies