Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2017, 01:10 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,324,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
And of course, even with hundreds of posts in this thread calling for us to come together.....and yet trolls like you are still trying to divide us, pointing fingers, playing the blame game.

It has been said numerous times that both sides have crazies. You talk about "calling people out" as if you can reason with a crazy person.

But...whatever you say.
It's mostly the left calling for us to come together.

I disagree.

It's time to point fingers. The left has been playing a dangerous game since Trump was elected. Now it's blown up and we're supposed to meekly agree to come together?

I don't think so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 01:11 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,942,704 times
Good thing this guy was a lousy shot.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
But the manufacturer who makes the rifle, the website I ordered it from, and the store I picked it up from....all referred to it as an "Assault Rifle."
that seems highly unusual. would you mind telling us the manufacturer and website so we can check this out?

Old 06-14-2017, 01:12 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,948,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
It's mostly the left calling for us to come together.

I disagree.

It's time to point fingers. The left has been playing a dangerous game since Trump was elected. Now it's blown up and we're supposed to meekly agree to come together?

I don't think so.
Exactly. After the six month escalation in hatred and violence, the left would just love it if reasonable people gave them a pass on what they've been doing and continue to do.

Unity can start when the left apologizes for their campaign of hatred and violence and STOPS doing it.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:13 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Nor will the "respectable right" if the far-right wingers get their way.

Moderation, folks, moderation in all things. In our long American history, we've swung left for a while, then right for a while - but generally find most common ground in the middle.

We need to seek that moderate middle again and quit going for one another's throats. The state of the world is perilous enough without Americans attacking other Americans so viciously. We have our differences, sure, and always will - but tarring all members of one side or the other with the deranged, violent acts of those who are deranged and violent is dishonest and does nothing to add to the stature or respectability of anyone's views.
I agree with you. Being primarily moderate (I will swing further left for some things and a bit right for others) is a challenge because there are people who want SO badly for you to be waaaaayyyy over on their side of the spectrum.

No, thanks.

Reason is in the middle.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:14 PM

30,246 posts, read 23,716,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
posted 10 days ago, rather prophetic:
This is what I'm talking about that the non mentally ill people on the left refuse to comprehend:
Quote:
What is implied in saying the man’s actions on an otherwise insignificant international agreement “is a grave threat to our planet?â€

That last part was tweeted by none other than Nancy Pelosi to her more than 1 million followers.

Billionaire liberal financier and green energy profiteer Tom Steyer said pulling the US out of the Paris accord would “be committing a traitorous act of war against the American people.â€

...The Huffington Post declared, “Trump To Planet: Drop Dead.â€
But they sure thought that way not too many years ago:
Quote:
...HuffPo...ran a piece entitled, “Words Have Consequences,†which preached on the dangers of over-the-top rhetoric. It read:

Today we have seen the results of this rhetoric. Those with a megaphone, whether provided by public office or a media outlet, have responsibilities. They cannot avoid the consequences of their blatant efforts to inflame, anger, and outrage. We all know that there are unstable and potentially dangerous people among us. To repeatedly appeal to their basest instincts is to invite and welcome their predictable violence.
If you're not a mentally ill lefty, will you please stop with the excuses and stop accepting this from the media and the insane in your party who are pulling all of you down with them. WE NEED BALANCE IN THIS COUNTRY...as ridiculous as I think a lot of the left's ideas are, we need them. What we do not need are the literal lunatics who are attacking and attacking and attacking and attacking and attacking from the left.

Stop supporting this lying, biased, propaganda machine called the main stream media. I don't expect them to say everything that I like, but you cannot ignore what they have been doing.

Stop staying silent when some nut job on the left, or multiple nut jobs on the left, like antifa, beat on people, destroy things, set fires, etc. If you have a protest, and they come by, get them the hell OUT of your protest. Tell them that they are not part of your group. Don't just stand there and watch them destroy.

Stop making excuses for your leaders who are, indeed, promoting this violence with their words.

You're not insane, then stop letting the insane drive your party in to the ground...because they are.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:14 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,610,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
This is what I'm talking about. This is the BS lying that the media fed you. It had nothing to do with his sexuality, he was a radicalized Muslim. But the liars in the media want to paint you a different picture, and you all just swallow it.

Just stop. Shoving your head in the sand does not benefit anyone.
Uh, no. You need to look up this guy and the story. I am not trying to protect anybody and I don't watch the MSM. He was gay and he did something at the club that got him in trouble. Then he took it out on the club and used ISIS as a cover. Thanks for playing.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:16 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
The Resistance
What is that supposed to mean??

Old 06-14-2017, 01:16 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,413,374 times
Making political points from a tragedy seems morally wrong.

I did notice, though, that the media didn't use the term "assault rifle" once in the four articles I read. I can't help but think that's not a coincidence.

Each of us are responsible for our actions. Some humans are more susceptible to influence. The media in general needs to reevaluate its position.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,228,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Exactly. After the six month escalation in hatred and violence, the left would just love it if reasonable people gave them a pass on what they've been doing and continue to do.

Unity can start when the left apologizes for their campaign of hatred and violence and STOPS doing it.
You're joking, right?

I didn't see "the right" in here apologizing for the racist invectives thrown at President Obama and his family for EIGHT years once he left office.

Nope. Many are still in here talking smack.

I have never seen "the right" apologize for attacking Secretary Clinton. Of making fun of her and her family. Of wanting her thrown in prison (or worse).

Hatred begets hatred.

Most people who are on either side of the political fence are not VIOLENT, so most would have nothing to apologize FOR.

This is ridiculous. Trump has been in office for less than 6 months and his most ardent fans act like the poor man has been raked over the coals for 8 years.

Go ask Obama what that's like.

This did not start last year. It didn't start in November. It did not start in January. This has been going on for a VERY long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies