Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 04:55 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times

Advertisements

I was surprised by how mild some of his online anti-Trump / republican statements were. They were nothing compared to the barbs we toss around on this board every day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 04:58 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not true or they would have held Hillary and Obama accountable for the violence they caused. (I suppose in a way one can argue some did hold Hillary accountable).
Whatever pknopp. You wanna get on the bandwagon, go right ahead. You believe I support this violence? You want to believe that? Go right ahead. I've realized over the past two years, but especially yesterday after reading this thread and posts on Facebook and Twitter - there is no coming together or understanding the other guy anymore. You WANT to believe that I, a liberal, am a-okay with violence against American leadership even though I've roundly criticized acts of violence of all kinds in my nearly ten years here on City Data.

Believe what you want and villianize the other side. See where it gets ya.

Old 06-15-2017, 04:58 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Donald Trump: “If (Hillary Clinton) gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people — maybe there is, I don’t know.”
I think that was a dry attempt at humor. It was in poor taste, but Mr. Gold plated toilet seat guy isn't known for good taste.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:02 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Whatever pknopp. You wanna get on the bandwagon, go right ahead. You believe I support this violence? You want to believe that? Go right ahead. I've realized over the past two years, but especially yesterday after reading this thread and posts on Facebook and Twitter - there is no coming together or understanding the other guy anymore. You WANT to believe that I, a liberal, am a-okay with violence against American leadership even though I've roundly criticized acts of violence of all kinds in my nearly ten years here on City Data.

Believe what you want and villianize the other side. See where it gets ya.
You said liberals do not support violence. I addressed that in the general sense you made. It wasn't about you specifically even though it may very well apply.

Villianize the other side? I supported Bernie. I suppose that might be the other side, I don't know.

I want people to live up to their words and ideas. Just because the violence is being enacted on brown people on the other side of the world does not make it any less violent. We are all people.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Rand Paul praised the police, which was appropriate. Interestingly about one year ago he said this:

"Why do we have a Second Amendment? It's not to shoot deer. It's to shoot at the government when it becomes tyrannical!" - Rand Paul 12:48 PM - 23 Jun 2016

I guess it boils down to people defining "tyrannical". According to many in the right, we have had tyranny for a long time, and for years they have said we "must take back our country , by armed revolution if necessary" and "tree of liberty must be watered with blood". Is that attitude coming back to haunt them? Was this nut-job trying to "drain the swamp"?
Interesting post. People keep claiming the rhetoric is so much worse now that Trump is president but I wonder if that's really true or if they are more aware of it since its their guy up there now.

Of course we won't see Pro-Trump nitwits acting out violently right now. Why? Because they won. Why should any crazy person who sees violence as the answer act out when they've gotten their own way. Conversely, it makes sense we are going to see violent libs acting out because, in their sick minds, they are fighting the government (tyranny). Their guy isn't in charge, so mentally ill people feel at a loss as to how to react and instead of being normal, they reach for their guns.

**Please note the foregoing only applies to mentally ill people who are unable to process things without picking up guns and hurting people.

***Please also note that I obviously do not support violence against anyone for any reason. If you think I do, save your typing fingers and put me on ignore.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I think that was a dry attempt at humor. It was in poor taste, but Mr. Gold plated toilet seat guy isn't known for good taste.
It was a totally unacceptable statement, dry humor or not.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
You said liberals do not support violence. I addressed that in the general sense you made. It wasn't about you specifically even though it may very well apply.

Villianize the other side? I supported Bernie. I suppose that might be the other side, I don't know.

I want people to live up to their words and ideas. Just because the violence is being enacted on brown people on the other side of the world does not make it any less violent. We are all people.
Like I said, believe what you like. I'm sick of the anger, fighting, hatred, stereotyping BS from all sides. Its amazing how I can have these incredibly wonderful relationships with people in real life who differ from me in religion, creed, political persuasion, sexual persuasion etc yet I get online and I'm basically told I'm a monster who supports killing innocent people.

Believe.what.you.want.

You are part of the problem when you succumb to such ideas and generalities, pk.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:05 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside
And here in the bluest county of the blue state of NY I work with libs who've been snickering with glee about this all day.
Total BS.
This shooter was a nut job who let his hate get the better of him.
With the amount of hate running rampant in todays America this incident could just as easily been a righty shooting lefties.
An interesting read on the dynamics of Americas shootings =
A Guide to Mass Shootings in America – Page 2 – Mother Jones

Old 06-15-2017, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Does it matter his intent? He said it and some took it to be a threat against another American. If one took it seriously and acted upon it, does intent matter? And does that paint all conservatives as violent or just the one who actually did the shooting?

Old 06-15-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Like I said, believe what you like. I'm sick of the anger, fighting, hatred, stereotyping BS from all sides. Its amazing how I can have these incredibly wonderful relationships with people in real life who differ from me in religion, creed, political persuasion, sexual persuasion etc yet I get online and I'm basically told I'm a monster who supports killing innocent people.

Believe.what.you.want.

You are part of the problem when you succumb to such ideas and generalities, pk.
I am asking why is it that "liberals" that hate violence did not hold Obama accountable for his violence? It's a simple question that you want to take personally.

Why did they not hold Obama accountable for his violence enacted upon thousands of people that did nothing to us and how is what the guy that did what he did yesterday worse than what Obama did?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies