Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,289,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I am asking why is it that "liberals" that hate violence did not hold Obama accountable for his violence? It's a simple question that you want to take personally.

Why did they not hold Obama accountable for his violence enacted upon thousands of people that did nothing to us and how is what the guy that did what he did yesterday worse than what Obama did?

What did you want us to do?

Name a president and I'll name something he did to hurt or kill others for the betterment of America's bottom line.

Don't think Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc. are any different in their wish to profit from war. Again, why are you blaming all of us??? Our entire system is broken and that's not really our fault either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 05:13 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Does it matter his intent? He said it and some took it to be a threat against another American. If one took it seriously and acted upon it, does intent matter? And does that paint all conservatives as violent or just the one who actually did the shooting?
I think all of these guys need to tone down their rhetoric. Trump in particular doesn't seem to understand that a politician's words carry a tremendous amount of weight.

This election has brought out the weirdos like I've never seen before. On both sides.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:17 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Are you honestly saying that the same type of people don't exist on the right? WOW.
they were specifically referencing their own relatives

are you claiming to know that poster's relatives better than they do?

Old 06-15-2017, 05:17 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
What did you want us to do?
Not re-elect him. I understand the first time absolutely. He said all the right things but then did all the opposite. People blindly accepted it and voted for it.

Quote:
Name a president and I'll name something he did to hurt or kill others for the betterment of America's bottom line.
I don't disagree.

Quote:
Don't think Obama, Bush, Clinton, Bush, Reagan, etc. are any different in their wish to profit from war. Again, why are you blaming all of us??? Our entire system is broken and that's not really our fault either.
It is. We re-elect them and make excuses for them. We knew what Hillary was. A bought off war monger. Still, she was the party nominee. How and why?

Old 06-15-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
they were specifically referencing their own relatives

are you claiming to know that poster's relatives better than they do?
I know exactly who they were talking about. That wasn't my point!!! The point was that idiots and crazies can be found in ALL GROUPS.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:19 AM

Quote:
That is not the right attitude to have.
Did you call people nitwits in a loving tone?

Old 06-15-2017, 05:21 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,108,708 times
Quote:
Not re-elect him. I understand the first time absolutely. He said all the right things but then did all the opposite. People blindly accepted it and voted for it.

I don't disagree.

It is. We re-elect them and make excuses for them. We knew what Hillary was. A bought off war monger. Still, she was the party nominee. How and why?
Couple reasons.

The DNC cheated. The establishment DNC are tone deaf and quickly becoming irrelevant. They just don't know it yet. But they love their Clintons.

The media ignored all of the candidates except for Hillary and Trump.

The black vote solidly went to Hillary in the primary.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Not re-electing him isn't a plausible answer unless you can provide a positive action (as in, something one CAN do, instead of NOT do) as a replacement. I ask again, what did you want us to do? I knew how very moderate Obama really was, even with all the noise of the right wing news and talking heads telling me opposite. But I did agree with several of his policies and I also believed he was intelligent and was a good representative of our country to the rest of the world.

Quote:

How? DNC chose her.

Why? Because they had the power to do so and don't listen to their voters. Which puts us patriotic voters in an untenable position.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Did you call people nitwits in a loving tone?
It wasn't hateful.

I wish no bad on them.

I just think they are crazy. I needed another word for crazy.

Old 06-15-2017, 05:25 AM

Quote:
Not re-electing him isn't a plausible answer unless you can provide a positive action (as in, something one CAN do, instead of NOT do) as a replacement. I ask again, what did you want us to do? I knew how very moderate Obama really was, even with all the noise of the right wing news and talking heads telling me opposite. But I did agree with several of his policies and I also believed he was intelligent and was a good representative of our country to the rest of the world.
He blew the **** out of much of the world. That is NOT being a good representative.

Quote:
How? DNC chose her.

Why? Because they had the power to do so and don't listen to their voters. Which puts us patriotic voters in an untenable position.
There were better choices that one could have made but decided not to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies