Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 01:08 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Why are you dismissing this attack as "nonsense"? Seems like a gravely concerning event to me.
Probably because it fits the MO of a right-wing nut job to go shooting up a place in a city that's historically been associated with the gay culture? THAT would be no big deal because it's a right-winger committing the violence. But if it were a left-winger then, oh boy, we would have been treated to a barrage of "left-wing violence", "this country is being subverted by left-wing militants", blah blah blah, etc. etc. etc.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:09 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,136,596 times
It was a UPS employee. Probably disgruntled or knew he was going to lose his job.

FFS, the USA is an especially violent nation with constant shootings. How is religion possibly the first thing brought up as if murder doesn't happen on the daily as it is?

Old 06-14-2017, 01:10 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
If you support religion-based bans, you absolutely have a problem with Muslims. And if they're such a problem, why aren't the 3 million or so already in the US bombing the **** out of the country already?
Stop. This is just ignorant posturing. I'm a Democrat (although I voted against Hillary). I'm all for the rights of Muslims in our country.

But I'm not stupid. All one needs to do is read global news to see the impact of bringing in Muslims from the Middle East. It's not a religious issue, it's a cultural one, and an unwillingness to assimilate or follow the laws of the country they go to.

NONE of my Muslim friends want them here either. And they're to the left of me. Same with my Jewish friends and they're even further left.

Why do you want the mess that Europe is faced with coming here?

Old 06-14-2017, 01:11 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,602,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
It was a UPS employee.

FFS, the USA is a violent nation with constant shootings. How is religion possibly the first thing brought up as if this doesn't happen on the daily as it is?
Yeah, I didn't think this was an act of terrorism, I figured it was a disgruntled, disturbed employee.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:13 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,907,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Stop. This is just ignorant posturing. I'm a Democrat (although I voted against Hillary). I'm all for the rights of Muslims in our country.

But I'm not stupid. All one needs to do is read global news to see the impact of bringing in Muslims from the Middle East. It's not a religious issue, it's a cultural one, and an unwillingness to assimilate or follow the laws of the country they go to.

NONE of my Muslim friends want them here either. And they're to the left of me. Same with my Jewish friends and they're even further left.

Why do you want the mess that Europe is faced with coming here?
Let's be honest in this debate, though (and really, this discussion should be moved out of this thread, asap): were we ever in "danger" of taking on the amount of refugees that Europe has taken on? Were we ever NOT going to vet those people? Please cite your sources.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:17 PM

88,989 posts, read 44,799,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEmissary View Post
If they had some sort of oversight of private gun sales in the states where they hand out guns like candy, maybe they wouldn't end up in states actually trying to control unfettered gun possession! But then all the gun nuts would be cryin' "GEEEEZUS wants us to have guns" and "what about the second amendment?" ...WHAAAA, WHAAA, WHAAA!
Has nothing to do with "Geeeezus," and everything to do the Second Amendment. People are starting to fight back on the First Amendment erosions, too.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:19 PM

2,630 posts, read 1,454,799 times
America is a violent country. Everyday there is a shooting of some type.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Do you want to break down further into demographics of who within citizens commits the most gun violence? And where? And why?
They never want to face the truth.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:21 PM

3,867 posts, read 4,078,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloforLife View Post
America is a violent country. Everyday there is a shooting of some type.
That's why one should carry a firearm.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max210 View Post
Lol. Immigrants can also be Americans.

If you're going to split hairs of citizens vs non-citizen then split it further since gun violence is not equal across the land.
Nor is it equal across demographic groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies