Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 08:59 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No you were complaining about suicides being included in gun death statistics.

Yes, because you are trying to add in suicides into a narrative that fits your agenda.....if you take the 15k suicides out, and only provide those that killed someone other than themselves, well that 15k does not look as good as 30k....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Also not quite sure what you mean by intellectual dishonesty, it is a chart??

Read above, attempt to comprehend....

"Originally Posted by chucksnee
An absolutely 100% false narrative....

Yes, there have been more gun deaths, than terroist killings....

However, your chart is also showing suscides.....but you knew that...just did not care....

ANd you're missing 14, 15, 16, and 17.....not that it will make a difference....

But it's still the fact that you are not being intellectual honest..."

Old 06-16-2017, 09:02 AM

19,718 posts, read 10,121,382 times
Suicides should not be counted in gun deaths. The majority of those people would have died some other way if they did not have access to a gun. so you can't blame guns for the deaths.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
Suicides should not be counted in gun deaths. The majority of those people would have died some other way if they did not have access to a gun. so you can't blame guns for the deaths.

Agreed. Their body, their choice. If a human wants to end their pregnancy or end their life, it's their business.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:26 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
There are as many guns in this country as there are people. Guns aren't going anywhere. Bad guys want and have them. Good guys want and have them. Neither group is going to give them up. No point in discussing it anymore.
While I agree with OP in principle, this is the reason why I just don't even bother trying to argue on this issue. What good is it trying to do anything at this point when 1) there are already so many guns out there; and 2) it's incredibly difficult to fight the NRA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I don't give up.

I shoot back.
Oh god, this epitomizes the typical right wing gun-nut hero fantasy. Here's what really happens to your average Joe Blow "good guy with a gun." First, he promptly ****s his pants, and then immediately after does either one of two things: 1) freezes up, and gets shot himself or attempts to hide himself and curl into a ball; or 2) pulls out his gun with a shaky hand, aims at the attacker, and most likely hits the wrong person.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:30 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
While I agree with OP in principle, this is the reason why I just don't even bother trying to argue on this issue. What good is it trying to do anything at this point when 1) there are already so many guns out there; and 2) it's incredibly difficult to fight the NRA.

Oh god, this epitomizes the typical right wing gun-nut hero fantasy. Here's what really happens to your average Joe Blow "good guy with a gun." First, he promptly ****s his pants, and then immediately after does either one of two things: 1) freezes up, and gets shot himself or attempts to hide himself and curl into a ball; or 2) pulls out his gun with a shaky hand, aims at the attacker, and most likely hits the wrong person.
Unless he's done simunition training closest thing to shooting live rounds...

I have.

Try it some time. 9s and 40s feel like paintballs. 223/5.56 HURTS

Old 06-16-2017, 09:32 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

I have.

I actually would like to do that, and I hope anyone who is thinking about owning a gun does do that training! Though living in NYC, I don't see myself owning a gun anytime soon.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:36 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,094,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post

I have.

Not to mention the fact that many instances of defensive use of a firearm do not result in shots fired. The mere presentation of a firearm can end a violent assault without having to shoot.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
If I'm understanding this libertarian gibberish correctly ~ you are attempting to defend the 'lone shooter' by blaming the tyrannical NRA & the tyrannical government for preventing the 'lone shooter' from forming his/her own tyrannical militia?

Holy $hit. Why not just bring the 'duel till death' back into vogue? Still nonsensical, still violent, still doesn't solve problems, although on the bright side less human collateral damage.

No, that is your own delusional illusion.
I'm saying the NRA has compromised and not really fought to keep government away from our right to keep any arm we choose & bear it everywhere we travel.

The 2017 version of the 2nd Amendment:

Militias are forbidden as the police state has replaced the free state, the privilege of citizens 21 years or older, who are non-felons and sworn mentally sane, may keep but not bear the small arms the federal or state government allows, this may be altered at a moments notice or whenever the government feels threatened by the people.

Last edited by BentBow; 06-16-2017 at 09:48 AM..

Old 06-16-2017, 09:40 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:

And this is your typical leftist anti gun nut job just babbling crap they know nothing about.

Where do you get this? Provide your links to back yourself up....

I think what you just provided is the lefts wet dream of what could happen....

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/man...-loop-robbery/

https://patch.com/texas/woodlands/ma...teal-cellphone

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publics...oliday/2326988

http://www.wmcactionnews5.com/story/...ounty-shooting

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/c...in-owen-county

I guess these people don't fit your stupid narrative.....

Here are THOUSANDS more to prove you wrong...

https://www.nraila.org/gun-laws/armed-citizen/

Old 06-16-2017, 09:45 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,711,339 times
Quote:
You couldn't be any more wrong. I don't see any dirty pants in this video except from the robbers. The concealed carrier was an older gentleman who probably didn't have very much training (based on his stance and shooting technique).

I think I've finally realized that anti-gunners dislike guns because they are afraid of themselves. They don't trust themselves around guns, so they don't think anyone should be able to own guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZudm8axR_A
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies