Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 06:20 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Very true, and Gabby Gifford's shooting is a perfect example. There were "good guys" there with guns. Why didn't they shoot the gun man? In interviews these people said they were afraid they couldn't get a clear shot, and in all the panic, they might shoot an innocent bystander instead. The shooter was tackled from behind and taken down. The same with the LIRR shooting years ago. Passengers tackled Collin Ferguson from behind.

To quote my husband who does carry (sometimes), "In a situation like that (Gifford's), I could not live with myself if I missed and killed an innocent person instead".

As I said in another post, I saw a NYC Bus Driver shot in the face when I was 6 years old. I still can remember 60 years later all the panic on that bus. Mon threw me on the floor and got on top of me.

Can you just imagine if passengers on a crowded bus or train, starting shooting to take out a gunman???? How would these "Wyatt Earps" feel if they missed and shot a little child instead? Trained LEO's miss, but they won't?
Your defeatist views are annoying. If you choose to lay down for the sub-human scum that roams America, don't expect the rest of us to follow.
Big ammo sale starts today!

Old 07-21-2017, 06:24 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Sure cars can be used AS a weapon, but that is not their designed use. They are transportation vehicles to haul you from one place to another. That's what they are for.

Guns? They ARE a weapon. Extracting projectiles at high speeds to do damage are what they are for.
A car can be a weapon just as easily as a gun can, and kill MORE at 1 time

Self defense is natural.

Protecting your family is natural.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:26 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,119,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Silly illogical argument -- lol.

Why not apply the same logic of training/time period as we do for driving to gun ownership.
OMG! Seriously? For the 1-million, 4-hundred and sixty-two thousandth time------cars don't keep rogue governments in line.
Guns do. Pay attention!

Old 07-21-2017, 07:05 AM

173 posts, read 258,141 times
I apologize for skipping the thread comments aside from the first page.

I got really confused because apparently people are seeing guns everywhere? The only place I've seen someone carrying a gun outside of a firing range is one of the following situations a) a friend on his property b) a police officer or c) a proprietor of a gun store.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:24 AM

34,231 posts, read 18,579,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Why do you want to own a gun? Just because I want one and it is my right? Not good enough. Establish a NEED, as many state do have on the books.

It certainly should be interesting to see the NRA response to this. I also read that this man was an out of state resident, meaning he had to take his guns across state lines, which NRA thinks should be legal across state lines. Do you favor that also? Carry permits universal across the country?

You cannot escape this issue. Gun control.

The "Need" is to protect myself from a tyrannical government, and/or other people that want to harm me or my family. While I live in a "nice", affluent neighborhood, we've had two home invasions in the last three months. In one an elderly couple was beaten to near death for a few dollars. They had no way to protect themselves. The perps were three men in there late teens, and early 20's.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
OMG! Seriously? For the 1-million, 4-hundred and sixty-two thousandth time------cars don't keep rogue governments in line.
Guns do. Pay attention!
In addition, driving is not a Natural Right like self defense with a gun is. People should read the Constitution.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:28 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Silly illogical argument -- lol.

Why not apply the same logic of training/time period as we do for driving to gun ownership.
So you want illegal aliens owning guns? Cause CA went full retard with DLs.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So you want illegal aliens owning guns? Cause CA went full retard with DLs.
Then California needs to be reigned in as they are violating Federal Law. Same with the ridiculous, illegal, and dangerous Sanctuary Cities. Don't impede my Natural Rights, upheld by the Constitution because Governor Moonbeam is mentally ill.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:32 AM

173 posts, read 258,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
In addition, driving is not a Natural Right like self defense with a gun is. People should read the Constitution.
Natural rights are not granted by the constitution... that's why they are called "natural".

Old 07-21-2017, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avram42 View Post
Natural rights are not granted by the constitution... that's why they are called "natural".

Correct, but certain Natural Rights are specifically upheld by the Constitution, and guaranteed not to be infringed. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies