Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2017, 09:59 PM

10,744 posts, read 4,342,219 times

Advertisements

^ Corrupt? Corruption indicates the breaking of law. When did President Trump break the law exactly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 10:05 PM

51,650 posts, read 25,807,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
^ Corrupt? Corruption indicates the breaking of law. When did President Trump break the law exactly?
Really now? So all the carrying on about "Corrupt Clinton" was just BS? Who knew?

I know we are all in a hurry to find out just what went on. But we just have to be patient. Mueller will let us know what was what when he gets all the information gathered.

Meanwhile, we occupy ourselves with wondering why Trump is asking around about pardoning himself and his sons.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:11 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
Before or after he was inaugurated?

Before--fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, sexual assault, illegally soliciting foundation donations. After--obstruction of justice, abuse of power, perverting the course of justice, self-dealing. Of course this is only what we know about. We'll know more when Mueller's investigation is over. You'll be able to tell when Mueller is getting close because Trump will be having daily meltdowns.

Old 07-21-2017, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Really now? So all the carrying on about "Corrupt Clinton" was just BS? Who knew?

I know we are all in a hurry to find out just what went on. But we just have to be patient. Mueller will let us know what was what when he gets all the information gathered.

Meanwhile, we occupy ourselves with wondering why Trump is asking around about pardoning himself and his sons.
Yeah we'll be waiting, just like we were waiting for those committees to find something to charge Trump with.
We'll be waiting until 2024....
Is there audio/video of Trump asking about the pardon?
Because even the drama queen Comey says nearly everything the media publishes is fiction....

Old 07-21-2017, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Before or after he was inaugurated?

Before--fraud, tax evasion, money laundering, sexual assault, illegally soliciting foundation donations. After--obstruction of justice, abuse of power, perverting the course of justice, self-dealing. Of course this is only what we know about. We'll know more when Mueller's investigation is over. You'll be able to tell when Mueller is getting close because Trump will be having daily meltdowns.
And you are too lazy to provide proof for any of those allegations....
And the IRS is too lazy to find tax evasion, yeah?
The swamp drainer President Trump has more enemies in high positions than any man, ever, so if he could be charged with something, he would have been already and he'd be behind bars already.
He's the opposite of Clinton, as Clinton has friends in all the highest places.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:57 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,981 times
OMG, it would be so hilarious if he pardoned himself. I didn't think I could like him any more but that might do it, if he pulls it off.

Old 07-22-2017, 12:03 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
Presidents pardon people all the time. Didn't Obama break the record for that? I know Denise Rich gave Bill Clinton a million dollars to pardon her husband in jail, for fraud I think. Then she moved to Singapore and renounced her citizenship

Old 07-22-2017, 12:14 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
Thanks for the link, here's the important one to read:

"Pursuant to Article II, Section 2 of the Constitution, the “Power to grant
Reprieves and Pardons for Offenses against the United States, except in Cases of
Impeachment,” is vested in the President. This raises the question whether the
President can pardon himself. Under the fundamental rule that no one may be a
judge in his own case, it would seem that the question should be answered in the
negative.
"

Basically, the answer is NO, the POTUS can't pardon himself. It just would not make sense if he can pardon himself. Being able to pardon yourself basically mean you can commit murder and not be held accountable. Our democracy would not allow for that, POTUS or not.
We are not a democracy. We are a constitutional republic.

Old 07-22-2017, 01:35 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,427,959 times
I avoid commentating on things that have nothing to do with me. Internal politics being one of them. But this is different. How has a great country like America sunk so low as to elect a maniac as President? How has this come to pass, and why? That is what we need to ask ourselves.

I see similarities here in Britain. A population sick to the back teeth of politicians and their death wish policies. Ordinary folks struggling to get by, poorer than their parents by a country mile.

Trump was a protest vote. A desperate throw of the dice for change. A hope to shake up complacent politicians, and their constant self enrichment. The disappointment must be painful, and a feeling that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I despair for the future of us all, both us here in England, and you in America. I don't know what it will take short of revolution to sort this mess out. Anger is building, and real answers need to be found fast.

Old 07-22-2017, 02:10 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I avoid commentating on things that have nothing to do with me. Internal politics being one of them. But this is different. How has a great country like America sunk so low as to elect a maniac as President? How has this come to pass, and why? That is what we need to ask ourselves.

I see similarities here in Britain. A population sick to the back teeth of politicians and their death wish policies. Ordinary folks struggling to get by, poorer than their parents by a country mile.

Trump was a protest vote. A desperate throw of the dice for change. A hope to shake up complacent politicians, and their constant self enrichment. The disappointment must be painful, and a feeling that the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

I despair for the future of us all, both us here in England, and you in America. I don't know what it will take short of revolution to sort this mess out. Anger is building, and real answers need to be found fast.
Yes. We are overdue for a revolution. If the powers that be don't get their acts together, this could really erupt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies