Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2017, 03:33 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,780,757 times

Advertisements

President Donald Trump pointed out that he has the "complete power" to grant pardons on Saturday.

So it means pardons are coming.

What a great system!

Commit any crimes you want to get elected then pardon yourself and your supporters after getting office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2017, 03:39 PM

29,907 posts, read 11,495,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
If Trump pardons himself, he's a criminal since a pardon is by definition only used on those criminally negligible.

You don't look into, or even consider pardoning yourself unless you're guilty. Last I checked, neither Hillary nor Bernie Sanders are researching how to pardon themselves for crimes they call "witch hunts".
Neither Hillary or Bernie are the president. They cannot pardon themselves.

Trump could still be impeached I believe even if he pardons himself.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
President Donald Trump pointed out that he has the "complete power" to grant pardons on Saturday.

So it means pardons are coming.

What a great system!

Commit any crimes you want to get elected then pardon yourself and your supporters after getting office.
The system you are referring to is the Constitution. Overall pretty great.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:52 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,724,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
Neither Hillary or Bernie are the president. They cannot pardon themselves.
So why did you bring them up?

Quote:
Trump could still be impeached I believe even if he pardons himself.
He could yes. He can't pardon impeachable offenses. In fact, no one is sure he can even pardon himself. It's never been done and legal scholars disagree on if it's even allowed.

Old 07-22-2017, 03:53 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,724,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
The system you are referring to is the Constitution. Overall pretty great.
Nothing good about criminals being able to void their crimes. Major oversight and flaw in the Constitution if it can be done.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Nothing good about criminals being able to void their crimes. Major oversight and flaw in the Constitution if it can be done.
The whole point of the pardon is allowing the president to pardon criminals. Like when Clinton pardoned Marc Rich who was a FBI fugitive living in Switzerland and a big donor to Clinton. I don't recall the left having a problem with it then.

Also to pardon those considered wrongfully convicted or after a civil war for closure.

It is close to an absolute power wipes out convictions as well as those being investigated.

The power to pardon was added on purpose to the constitution not an oversight at all. I suggest you read up on your history.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:38 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,402,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its actually a good question because the limitations haven't been decided yet.
Au contraire. They have been decided.

Your ruler, his highness Donald Trump, decreed on Twitter today that as President he has "the complete power to pardon."

Old 07-22-2017, 04:43 PM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
This is a fricken disgrace!The Circus continues....

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/dona...n-family-aides

Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump's lawyers have been discussing the president's pardoning powers among themselves.

Once again, FAKE NEWS!

Someone inquires about Trump being able to pardon and it gets blown up into Trump wants to pardon everyone, including himself.
When Trump has never inquired about pardoning anyone.
Mark Levin brought it up on his show, that Trump can fire everyone in the FBI and pardon the world including himself, and the liberals are freaking out. Then all the sudden, Trump wants to pardon himself is the headline.

Old 07-22-2017, 04:56 PM

16,345 posts, read 17,970,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
YES....they have. Years ago in san Bernardino, ca I lived in a house behind the main house (4 years). The front house became empty after the landlords mother in law died. The landlord rented out the 2 bedroom house to 3 illegals from mexico (I am not sure if their young son was a anchor baby) . The illegals got me kicked out my home by telling all sorts of lies to the police. The landlord said he didn't want the hassle with the police she he asked me to move (I moved just up the street & lived their for 10 years). The illegals moved their family members into the back house. 1 month later a neighbor called the authorities & & they were deported back to mexico. So F the illegals.
1. How did you establish their legal status?
2. How does one bad experience make you hate an entire group? Surely you've had bad experiences with pretty much every demographic. Do you hate everyone? Are you just that petty and spiteful?

Old 07-22-2017, 04:57 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,351,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Once again, FAKE NEWS!

Someone inquires about Trump being able to pardon and it gets blown up into Trump wants to pardon everyone, including himself.
When Trump has never inquired about pardoning anyone.
Mark Levin brought it up on his show, that Trump can fire everyone in the FBI and pardon the world including himself, and the liberals are freaking out. Then all the sudden, Trump wants to pardon himself is the headline.
Other than yourself... who claims FAKE news.. gets outed constantly is it ISN"T FAKE at all!! Why"" you say//BECause your unstable.e CORRUPT Leader is responding to FACTS that could and will INCULPATE HIM and his band of CORRUPT/Treasonous fols!!!

I would feel sorry for you.. except that the constant denials becomes obvious to ANYONE who understands the LAW and the CONSTITUTION!!

Denial's and Lying will never cover the ASSHats who continue to claim 'Fake News" !! Get over it!!!
Trump won the Electoral College >Gerry Mandering helped .. thus won his TITLE... HOWEVER.. POTUS is NOT beyond the LAW!! Look what happened with his EO's??!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies