Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 11:24 AM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
I hope Trump removes Mueller just so I don't have to see pictures of Mueller ever again. Mueller is so nightmarishly ugly he doesn't even look like a human being....
Seriously?
Attached Thumbnails
Will trump try to pardon himself?-chump.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 11:37 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
This story is based on anonymous sources. From the article.
according to people familiar with the effort
i.e. The "journalist" could have simply made it up.

yawn

Old 07-21-2017, 11:41 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoicalot View Post
I hope Trump removes Mueller ....
I am curious to see the fireworks that would start.

But truly if Trump has done nothing wrong the best thing he could do is let the man do the job and exonerate the Trump campaign before the world.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:42 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Its actually a good question because the limitations haven't been decided yet.

I would support a blanket pardon now of everyone in his administration so we can get on with improving the direction of the economy and the country. Then the S.P. could continue the investigation without it being a witch hunt. It would wrap up quickly.
NO. I don't think so.

The truth and the whole truth needs to come out. ALL OF IT.

That's like signing a blank check or giving people encouragement to commit felonies. What's the matter with you? Would you give Hillary a blanket pardon? Jesus Christ, which pundits do you listen to?

The investigation IS NOT a witch hunt. That's just Trump whining because he's TERRIFIED the people will find out the truth about him. Robert Mueller is a serious person with an impecable reputation. He's respected by both sides of the aisle despite the fact he's a Republican.

Only GUILTY people get pardons.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:42 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Another lie of a post. He simply asked what the limitations of it were. One of his aides said this wasn't him asking about pardoning himself or anyone, he was just asking what the limitations were.
hmmm.... shall we conjecture as to why he wants to know?

Old 07-21-2017, 11:44 AM

5,461 posts, read 3,235,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
How exactly is this a frame? What evidence has been fabricated?
Example: Just the other day the MSM was falling all over itself to report a "secret" second meeting between Trump and Putin. Fortunately cameras were there and it was obvious there was nothing "secret" about it. There were dozens of other world leaders right there in the same room.

And if you think the Left wouldn't fabricate evidence you haven't been paying attention. They will stop at nothing.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:44 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,700,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Sure isn't any worse than looking at Bannon.
Actually, looking at Mueller isn't as bad as looking at trump. Or, as bad as looking at bannon.

Seriously, what is so bad about him? Yeah, he's an older guy, but he doesn't look nearly as dissipated as either trump or bannon.
https://www.google.com/search?q=pict...ibwDZxkYdVamM:

Old 07-21-2017, 11:50 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Answer: Because the Mueller investigation is extremely suspect. There are a ton of conflicts of interest and it's being carried out almost entirely by hard Leftists. Why should Trump trust them to conduct an honest investigation?
Any serious allegations, such as money laundering can't just be "made up". If that stuff is there, it'll come out. If it's not, it won't.

I do not buy your argument that this investigation is "being carried out almost entirely by hard Leftists". I wouldn't argue it's being carried out by the left, let alone the "hard" left. There are plenty of moderates and people on the right who are involved and are concerned about this investigation.

If Trump was innocent, he'd just sit back and let this play out. Asking about pardon power is a weird thing to do regardless of your political views in this context.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:50 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Over the past year and as recently as two weeks ago, all we've heard from Trump is "There was no collusion"

And now he's asking White House staff about how the pardoning process works, who he can pardon, and can he pardon himself.

My how his tune has changed.
it is amazing how the Trump's team continue to shift ground, from their "there is no russia" to "yeah but no collusion" and now to organizing an exit strategy .

and at the same time Trump supporters have gone from "there is no russia" to loving Putin and asking why does it matter that the Trumps sought aid from Putin's Russia.

Old 07-21-2017, 11:58 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,652,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
NO. I don't think so.

The truth and the whole truth needs to come out. ALL OF IT.

That's like signing a blank check or giving people encouragement to commit felonies. What's the matter with you? Would you give Hillary a blanket pardon? Jesus Christ, which pundits do you listen to?

The investigation IS NOT a witch hunt. That's just Trump whining because he's TERRIFIED the people will find out the truth about him. Robert Mueller is a serious person with an impecable reputation. He's respected by both sides of the aisle despite the fact he's a Republican.

Only GUILTY people get pardons.
The only way a bias investigation has a chance of bringing out the truth is if there is a blanket pardon. They can continue to investigate and produce a report on Russian involvement and provide recommendations and solutions. It ends the witch hunt of going off in all unrelated directions and would give the answers people want about the Russian involvement.

A blanket pardon covers everyone involved without regard to guilt and ends the coup d'état by the status quo.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies