Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2017, 09:30 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,783,577 times

Advertisements

Given the current political climate, where conservatives are considering today's tragedy a "terrorist attack" from the Democratic Party and are talking about gearing up for war, I am thinking we might really have to go back to the 1850s before we see another time that was similar to this. I'm not sure even the late 1960s during the Vietnam era was this bad.

I personally doubt there will be any super-organized violence from the Left under a worst case scenario. There would be violence, yes, but like Occupy Wall St, I doubt the Left would be able to keep a common focus and persevere. What I am worried about is the Right, being that most of the talk of civil war is coming from them. They are armed, heavily organized, and would persevere.

What I am worried about is this. Trump gets impeached for obstruction of justice and money laundering. He gives a speech to the nation asking his supporters to take up arms to protect him and keep him in power. What happens next, I don't really know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2017, 09:40 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,610,196 times
More unfound accusations and hate filled hysteria.

Projecting !!!

Nothing new.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
More unfound accusations and hate filled hysteria.

Nothing new.
Nope. Here it is, on the most accurate news site in the whole wide world.

https://www.infowars.com/video-first...t-will-you-do/

Old 06-14-2017, 09:44 PM

30,138 posts, read 18,961,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Given the current political climate, where conservatives are considering today's tragedy a "terrorist attack" from the Democratic Party and are talking about gearing up for war, I am thinking we might really have to go back to the 1850s before we see another time that was similar to this. I'm not sure even the late 1960s during the Vietnam era was this bad.

I personally doubt there will be any super-organized violence from the Left under a worst case scenario. There would be violence, yes, but like Occupy Wall St, I doubt the Left would be able to keep a common focus and persevere. What I am worried about is the Right, being that most of the talk of civil war is coming from them. They are armed, heavily organized, and would persevere.

What I am worried about is this. Trump gets impeached for obstruction of justice and money laundering. He gives a speech to the nation asking his supporters to take up arms to protect him and keep him in power. What happens next, I don't really know.
This was a Democrat terrorist attack motivated by the hatred constantly fomented by Leftists across the country and particularly Hollywood and the Fake Stream Media.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:45 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,698,641 times
Quote:

Really? from Alex Jones? One deranged man does not equal a group of people. Try repeating that a few million times.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:46 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,610,196 times
Quote:

I'm not going to click on the link. If it supported your argument it could have and should have been in your OP.

Besides I had my say.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Really? from Alex Jones? One deranged man does not equal a group of people. Try repeating that a few million times.
Trump supporters love Alex Jones. You have to go there to understand why they keep defending the man and why they have so much hatred for the left, that from a rational perspective is unjustifiable. Is it about healthcare? About gay marriage? About guns? What is the right so angry about? At least the last time we were actually talking civil war, there was a root issue at the center of it.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:52 PM

148 posts, read 102,993 times
Quote:
Trump supporters love Alex Jones. You have to go there to understand why they keep defending the man and why they have so much hatred for the left, that from a rational perspective is unjustifiable. Is it about healthcare? About gay marriage? About guns? What is the right so angry about? At least the last time we were actually talking civil war, there was a root issue at the center of it.
We're not angry, friend. We want our views tolerated just like you want yours. There is no need for senseless killing.

Old 06-14-2017, 09:57 PM

3,279 posts, read 2,108,640 times
At the heart of today's social issues are the foundational values embodied by the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. Growing numbers of extreme elements from either side of the political aisle want to enjoy these a'la carte and with prejudice of some sort, and that's the problem.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
At the heart of today's social issues are the foundational values embodied by the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution. Growing numbers of extreme elements from either side of the political aisle want to enjoy these a'la carte and with prejudice of some sort, and that's the problem.
I agree and both extremes need to be able to sacrifice a little. The right needs to accept separation of church and state and that you can't make something illegal because "the Bible says so" without legitimate facts to back up why it should be illegal. The left needs to accept that people will always have prejudices and be uncomfortable with certain things, be it for cultural or religious reasons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies