Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 10:40 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,714,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I never watch Hannity or listen to Rush Limbaugh either, I do watch the news though and see the riots.
I don't think you know what a riot is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 10:41 AM

25,404 posts, read 9,687,468 times
Quote:
What do you think of the radical Democrats who won't accept the election results and march in the streets siting violence to the point of what happened today?

You have to admit Republicans accepted the election results when Obama was elected even though we did not like it and thought he was not doing things right for the country. No marching in the streets and tearing up and burning down things on campuses.

What do you say to the radicals you know and how do you think they can be stopped from all the marching and violence? You know this just destroys your party. How did the radical left take over your party?
For me it wasn't the just election results, although now we know the Russians had a hand in the election. No, I'm not saying they "changed" votes, it was much more insidious than that. However, it's that Trump made many claims and statements on the campaign trail that would be detrimental to our country, IMO. Given the fact that he has chosen cabinet members who represent the antithesis of the positions to which they are appointed only cements that fact for me. He is denying climate change, he has an issue with Planned Parenthood, his travel ban is just code speak for banning Muslims, as several courts have agreed. There are so many things, including the fact that he obviously does not know how to comport himself among foreign leaders. He acts like a spoiled petulant child, who can't put his phone down. It's embarrassing really.

That being said, I do not agree with violent protest. I do not approve of people burning things or hurting other people. I don't personally know any "radicals" who would do such things. Marching and peaceful protest is not a problem. Violence is.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:43 AM

23,653 posts, read 17,419,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I often argue for the right now but I was a life long Democrat until Obama showed me what hope and change looked like. No choice but to vote for Trump and try to undo all the damage Obama caused. I still consider myself a Moderate Democrat but there is no such thing in the Democrat party anymore. Trump was the only one talking to the working class.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:45 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,628,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
I don't think you know what a riot is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54MetzvFJHE

Old 06-15-2017, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Honest question for moderate Republicans.

Why are you not marching with us?
Marching for what? We think Trump is doing just fine. Too bad the MSM won't report on all the good he is doing but only report on all the negative things the Democrats are accusing him of without much proof.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think trying to equate those who march peacefully in opposition to anything with the mentally ill person responsible for what happened today is a ludicrous comparison.
Berkley was far from peaceful. Are you saying all those people who were burning and tearing up the campus were mentally ill?

Old 06-15-2017, 10:50 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,468,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
You're really overestimating how much these people identify themselves as Democrats.

You're also completely missing their point. No one questions that Trump won the election. They just think he should be impeached and removed from power for various reasons.
Not too different than how many felt Obama should have been impeached and removed, for various reasons.

Then there are those who called for an armed revolution in anticipation of a Hillary win.

The minority, who espouse violence, regardless of party, are the true deplorable losers.

The tone, the right tone, has to be set at the top.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:51 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,103,928 times
Quote:
What do you think of the radical Democrats who won't accept the election results and march in the streets siting violence to the point of what happened today?

You have to admit Republicans accepted the election results when Obama was elected even though we did not like it and thought he was not doing things right for the country. No marching in the streets and tearing up and burning down things on campuses.

What do you say to the radicals you know and how do you think they can be stopped from all the marching and violence? You know this just destroys your party. How did the radical left take over your party?
I don't know any left-wing radicals. The most politically radical people I know are all right-wing.

I don't advocate violence in response to a democratic process not going your way. Violent revolution is called for in extreme circumstances, but Trump's election doesn't even come close to fulfilling that requirement.

I didn't vote for him and I don't like him, but that's as far as it goes for me and every other non-Trumper I know.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middleofariver View Post
I believe that guy was paid to be there to irritate the crowd. Anybody with a sign like that knows better than to go to a crowd like that. If you want milk and honey you wouldn't start at that place.
There were agitators on the left in the TEA party rallies. It was proven. The real TEA party people had to report them to the police as fakers who wanted to start a fight with others. You can't always trust people, some are plants to discredit their opponents---read "Rules for Radicals".

Old 06-15-2017, 11:01 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,161,240 times
Quote:

I am a moderate Democrat and I disagree that this is an honest question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies