Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 09:13 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times

Advertisements

From my reading of the linked article, I must ask: Why couldn't President Trump simply cancel the deal? Couldn't he have cited 'national security concerns' or such? At the least, he could have delayed the deal. Even of the President cancelled it, it is hardly like Qatar would 'sue' the United States.

Plus, the articles mentioned:

"Qatari Defense Minister Khalid Al-Attiyah and his U.S. counterpart, Jim Mattis, completed the $12 billion agreement on Wednesday in Washington, according to the Pentagon."

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...isis-continues

This implies the agreement was not completed.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:20 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
Did you read the article. The WHOLE article?

Sure did, the last part says~
"When no one wanted to host your troops after 9/11, we did. We protected them. Saudi Arabia asked you to leave," said Meshal bin Jamad al Thani, the Qatari ambassador to the U.S. Qataris believe that the blockade of their country is politically motivated by the Saudis in an effort to flex their muscle in the region.
"None of our people attacked the U.S.," said al Thani, a nod to the Saudis who were involved in the Sept 11th terrorist attacks.

Trump kisses 'PROVEN Saudi Terrorist's' butts........ slander's Qatar!

Old 06-15-2017, 09:29 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
It kind of sucks when you think about the following two facts:

1. The USA is the most aggressive nation on earth. Most likely to invade another country.
2. The USA is the biggest weapons dealer / gun runner on the planet.

I'm not a pacifist by any means, but I'm not interested in being the world's cop, warlord, or weapons pimp for the military industrial complex anymore.

We need a serious change in our foreign policy.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:31 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

1. The USA is the most aggressive nation on earth. Most likely to invade another country.

I'm not a pacifist by any means, but I'm not interested in being the world's cop, warlord, or weapons pimp for the military industrial complex anymore.

I do totally agree with all you posted!

Old 06-15-2017, 09:31 AM

13,692 posts, read 9,009,247 times
Quote:

There is a lot to your point. I have long thought, why should we develop advanced weapons of war, intended to give us an advantage in any war situation (on land, at sea, in space) if we are only going to sell said weapons to other countries?

It does not make sense.

What did Eisenhower warn against? The man had foresight indeed.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:34 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
CBS News 3 hrs ago
WASHINGTON -- While President Trump berates Qatar for sponsoring terrorism at the highest levels, he is simultaneously authorizing the country to purchase over $21 billion of U.S. weapons.
One part of the deal was inked on Wednesday in Washington, D.C., when Qatar's Defense Minister met with U.S. Defense Secretary James Mattis.
Trump sells Qatar $12 billion of arms days after accusing it of funding terrorism

Just another example of the POS being a TWO-FACED-BACK-STABBER!

Interesting. It just shows that Crooked Trump doesn't think before he opens his mouth.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:51 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:

Won't happen. Too much money to be made.

Old 06-15-2017, 09:55 AM

18,496 posts, read 9,161,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
There is a lot to your point. I have long thought, why should we develop advanced weapons of war, intended to give us an advantage in any war situation (on land, at sea, in space) if we are only going to sell said weapons to other countries?

It does not make sense.

What did Eisenhower warn against? The man had foresight indeed.
Indeed.

If other countries get our weapons technology, it means more dollars for developing new weapons technology. Ad infinitum.

It's a great business.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:00 AM

10,926 posts, read 21,997,495 times
OP, you failed miserably. Time to move on to your next attempt. Put a bit of effort into it this time.

Old 06-15-2017, 10:02 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
From my reading of the linked article, I must ask: Why couldn't President Trump simply cancel the deal? Couldn't he have cited 'national security concerns' or such? At the least, he could have delayed the deal. Even of the President cancelled it, it is hardly like Qatar would 'sue' the United States.

Plus, the articles mentioned:

"Qatari Defense Minister Khalid Al-Attiyah and his U.S. counterpart, Jim Mattis, completed the $12 billion agreement on Wednesday in Washington, according to the Pentagon."

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...isis-continues

This implies the agreement was not completed.
Sounds like, if the deal was only completed on Wednesday, Trump could have stopped or delayed it if he chose to, and given the rhetoric he has been spewing about Qatar, if he really believes his own words, he should have. It's much more likely that he is shooting his mouth off denigrating an ally because he knows absolutely nothing of what is actually going on. His incompetence and ignorance are becoming legendary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies