Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 11:16 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times

Advertisements

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...ry-disturbing/

I always had a lot of respect for Billy Graham. Not so for Franklin. I consider myself a Christian and I've made a few of my fellow Christian friends upset over my position on Franklin but I really do not like the guy. (Go ahead, tell me that's not very Christian of me and I will agree it might not be).

He rants about throwing people out who are here illegally unless it seems, he has something in common with them. I have something to tell him. He has something in common with all of them. We are all people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 11:28 AM

2,366 posts, read 1,648,114 times
No hypocrisy. You cannot compare illegal aliens who come here to mooch off of our country, to illegal aliens who are fleeing religious persecution. Additionally, there's a big difference between Muslim and Christian refugees. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:28 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.was...ry-disturbing/

I always had a lot of respect for Billy Graham. Not so for Franklin. I consider myself a Christian and I've made a few of my fellow Christian friends upset over my position on Franklin but I really do not like the guy. (Go ahead, tell me that's not very Christian of me and I will agree it might not be).

He rants about throwing people out who are here illegally unless it seems, he has something in common with them. I have something to tell him. He has something in common with all of them. We are all people.
Franklin is nothing like Billy, who mostly stayed out of politics and focused on preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ. Billy was "spiritual adviser" to both Republican and Democratic Presidents. Franklin is a hyperpartisan ideologue of the ilk of Jerry Falwell. A lot of people have high respect of Franklin because of his last name. If it wasn't for that, he would be viewed as more of a Pat Robertson or Jim Bakker. He would have a following, but a lot of people would use him as an example of people who give Christianity a bad name.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:30 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,968,825 times
PK, we normally agree. I can't give you any more reps because I have to spread it around first.

In this case, from your article, there is a great concern regarding deporting Iraqi Christians because they will surely be put to death if they are returned.

Iraqi Christians are burned alive, beheaded, drowned in cages, raped. It's horrid. I don't think we should return any refugee that is currently in the US--for their safety.

I do think we need to more closely vet them since ISIS is on record that they are infiltrating the US with the refugees and ISIS cells have already been identified in the US.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizonite View Post
No hypocrisy. You cannot compare illegal aliens who come here to mooch off of our country, to illegal aliens who are fleeing religious persecution. Additionally, there's a big difference between Muslim and Christian refugees. I'm surprised you didn't know that.
No there isn't.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:34 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Refugees are people who are fleeing their country in order to escape war, persecution or natural disaster. What does their religion have to do with their need to escape these conditions?

Old 06-17-2017, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
PK, we normally agree. I can't give you any more reps because I have to spread it around first.

In this case, from your article, there is a great concern regarding deporting Iraqi Christians because they will surely be put to death if they are returned.
I have it pointed out to me all the time that the radical elements also target other Muslims who are not radical enough. Is that not true?

Quote:
Iraqi Christians are burned alive, beheaded, drowned in cages, raped. It's horrid. I don't think we should return any refugee that is currently in the US--for their safety.
If you want to argue that we should not return *any* refugees, O.K.

Quote:
I do think we need to more closely vet them since ISIS is on record that they are infiltrating the US with the refugees and ISIS cells have already been identified in the US.
Quit destroying their homes and cities and livelyhoods and fewer flee.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No there isn't.
It true, but you are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Refugees are people who are fleeing their country in order to escape war, persecution or natural disaster. What does their religion have to do with their need to escape these conditions?
What religion are the terrorists, Muslim or Christian? You can figure out the rest, or can you?

Old 06-17-2017, 01:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
What religion are the terrorists, Muslim or Christian? You can figure out the rest, or can you?
So all Muslim refugees are terrorists? Donald Trump tried to make that argument. The courts struck him down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies