Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2017, 06:16 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,151,966 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
How do we know it's from the "left"? Could be someone who disliked the driver of the truck.
Could also be a sane Republican who hates Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-15-2017, 06:17 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,923,179 times
Reads thread title...

Reads content of article...

See nothing that supports the statement "For Flying Trump Flag".

Old 06-15-2017, 06:18 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,400,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarallel View Post
Could also be a sane Republican who hates Trump.
Or...maybe...Putin!

*cue sinister music

Old 06-15-2017, 06:20 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,911,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Yes, the shooters disliked the driver of the truck for flaunting his support for Trump.

Hopefully, when they catch the out of state stranger that fits blue voting demographics they are able to get a conviction.
From the OP's link
Quote:
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. – Indiana State Police say shots were fired at a truck carrying a “Make America Great Again” flag and an American flag on eastbound I-465 Tuesday.

Officers believe the shots were fired from a newer white 4-door Chevrolet Malibu with a Louisiana plate near Emerson Avenue around 4 p.m.

The victim and a witness informed police that the Malibu pulled up next to the pickup truck, a passenger held a handgun out of the window and then a male fired several shots.

Police say no one was in injured in the incident.

The driver of the Malibu was described as a black male around the age of 23. The passenger was described as a light skinned black male with a sleeve tattoo on his right arm.
What part of the FOX media report of your link says “anything” about the driver of the Malibu disliking the flag or even Trump? Maybe the driver of the truck cut them off on the highway or something else to provoke the shooting.

Again, I ask what makes anyone think the others were “left”? How do you draw that conclusion?

Please point it out for me.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Reads thread title...

Reads content of article...

See nothing that supports the statement "For Flying Trump Flag".
I deplore both the statist Right and statist Left. I do bash the Left more than the Right though. It's generally more fun and has been easy since the rise of Trump.

Having said that the statist Right needs to chill out over this whole violence escalation thing. Each individual is responsible for their own actions.

Until we get more details we don't know what happened with this specific incident.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:22 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,971,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
From the OP's link
What part of the FOX media report of your link says “anything” about the driver of the Malibu disliking the flag or even Trump? Maybe the driver of the truck cut them off on the highway or something else to provoke the shooting.

Again, I ask what makes anyone think the others were “left”? How do you draw that conclusion?

Please point it out for me.
I'm going to guess that you 1) believe Trump is a Russian spy or plant and 2) accept that a YouTube video caused a preplanned terrorist attack.

Am I right?

Old 06-15-2017, 06:23 PM

50,453 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I have seen many trucks with Trump flags on the highways here in Fl.
Double screwed here. Can't legally CCW and a trump sticker will get your car keyed at min.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:23 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,923,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I deplore both the statist Right and statist Left. I do bash the Left more than the Right though. It's generally more fun and has been easy since the rise of Trump.

Having said that the statist Right needs to chill out over this whole violence escalation thing. Each individual is responsible for their own actions.

Until we get more details we don't know what happened with this specific incident.
Yes, that's my point. If this happened BECAUSE of someone flying a flag, that's stupid. And that person is a disgusting person. But I don't see the evidence.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:25 PM

33,588 posts, read 18,205,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
And he yelled this out the window during the pursuit???
I had just put them on my car. I got them in a rest area and the guy was giving the Mc Cain /Palin bumper stickers out with stickers all over his van.

. I put two on my bumper. When I got into NJ the 6 lane highway was going 70 or better. The guy kept getting in front of me cutting me off. The first time I thought it was an old guy cutting me off and then slowing way down in 70 MPH traffic. After I got away and passed him as the traffic was heavy , he again got in front of me from another lane of traffic and slowed way down again,, he proceeded to cut me off the third time. I asked my passenger who is it?.. he told me some black guy. Then I knew.. I found an opening and got away and left him .

I know, He didn't have to tell me why. It was the two bumper stickers . Traveling home I stopped in a convenience store and a woman saw the stack of McCain stickers and I gave her some. I told her if you put it on you are taking a risk in NJ.

Old 06-15-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Yes, that's my point. If this happened BECAUSE of someone flying a flag, that's stupid. And that person is a disgusting person. But I don't see the evidence.
It's either crappy reporting withholding information indicating evidence pointing to the flag or sensationalist journalism piggybacking off yesterday's shooting.

The media in general just really sucks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies