Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 06:13 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,828,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
all of them. Fox, CNN, MSNBC and whatever others. Everything goes.

it seems the main purpose of them is to create sensationalism so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea.

maybe make the only one that exists is CSPAN which I believe is just reporting on actual events going on at the exact time

Why yes, all we need is a State run news organization. That way, our leader can only let us hear what he wants us to hear, and there would NEVER been any news that was unflattering to him. All the news could be censored and scripted.

That is a wonderful idea, wonder if it has been tried anywhere else that we might check it out to see how well it works there ? I think you have come up with a brilliant idea here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 06:42 AM

10,833 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:

it seems the main purpose of them is to create sensationalism so maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea.

maybe make the only one that exists is CSPAN which I believe is just reporting on actual events going on at the exact time
Let me see if I got this right. You're all for establishing a government ministry for truth? What a wonderful idea that would be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Why yes, all we need is a State run news organization. That way, our leader can only let us hear what he wants us to hear, and there would NEVER been any news that was unflattering to him. All the news could be censored and scripted.

That is a wonderful idea, wonder if it has been tried anywhere else that we might check it out to see how well it works there ? I think you have come up with a brilliant idea here.
That is "Dear Leader" to you.

Old 06-16-2017, 06:58 AM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
all of them.
I have a better idea: you change the channel instead.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I have a better idea: you change the channel instead.

OMG, who would have thought such a simple solution would accomplish what they want ! Brilliant ! But then it would give them nothing to complain about, and we know how they love to bring up things like Hillary, Fake News, and Obama. Without those 3 subjects they would have nothing to talk about.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:21 AM

26,469 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:

No.

#1 Freedom of Speech.

#2 Freedom of Choice.

#3 Where do we stop?

-Why not also silence ABC, NBC, CBS nightly news.

-NPR is just as slanted in what they cover, don't cover, how they cover it, they are just more professional about it.

-Should the Huffington Post and Drudge be silenced too?

-What about the NY Times, Washington Post, and other agenda driven newspapers?

-Should colleges silence any conservative voice on campus - oh wait...we are approaching this.

-Etc...

Old 06-16-2017, 07:21 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I think they are a disservice to the country. They are more interested in feeding the 24/7 beast than they are straight reporting. When I saw Donny Deutch acting as a political commentator on MSNBC, I knew we'd finally lost our compass.

I think, except in a case of a huge event, the news should be restricted to 15 minutes, 2x a day. Say what's important and then shut up.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:25 AM

1,147 posts, read 717,593 times
No. I'm not American but I love laughing at American cable news. I watch to be entertained. If I want reliable news, I'll never rely on mainstream media from the United States.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:

No. But they need to stop 24/7 coverage and that would stop a lot of endless speculation. As it is now, they have endless hours to fill.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:30 AM

5,658 posts, read 6,272,857 times
Getting rid of as in dropping a cable package that includes them? I don't have TV service. So definitely.

As in using state force to eliminate them? Definitely not.

Old 06-16-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I think they are a disservice to the country. They are more interested in feeding the 24/7 beast than they are straight reporting. When I saw Donny Deutch acting as a political commentator on MSNBC, I knew we'd finally lost our compass.

I think, except in a case of a huge event, the news should be restricted to 15 minutes, 2x a day. Say what's important and then shut up.
This is precisely why God gave us a brain, so that we can take in information, process it, and decide what we think is relevant and correct, and then discard the rest. NO INFORMATION is bad, it is up to you to choose what you want to accept and what you think is not correct.

Just having news sources that only give what you want to hear is dangerous and unAmerican.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies