Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

We shop there I'm hoping Amazon doesn't screw the store up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 11:05 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretty in black View Post
I hate Wal-Mart. I hope Amazon and Whole Foods puts them ALL the way out of business.
I just love comments like yours with nothing to back up the hate. Maybe it is based on lack of knowledge or maybe based on propaganda that has been shoved down some people's throat. Maybe you can explain why you hate them so much.

And BTW, Amazon and Whole foods will not come close to putting them or anyone else out of business. Amazon just wants a competitive playing field. i am all for that. I would think everyone would be.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:08 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Didn't see this one coming!!

Amazon is buying Whole Foods.

The online giant is buying the high-end grocer for $42 a share, valuing the company at $13.7 billion.

Shares of the grocer were trading at $33.06 a share before the deal was announced, so the deal represents a 27% premium on its closing price yesterday.

Amazon buying, acquiring Whole Foods for $42 a share - Business Insider

corey booker's plan to save newark with a Whole Foods store has gone down the drain. Coory Booker for president!

Old 06-17-2017, 11:18 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I just love comments like yours with nothing to back up the hate. Maybe it is based on lack of knowledge or maybe based on propaganda that has been shoved down some people's throat. Maybe you can explain why you hate them so much.

I worked for Wal-Mart twice in my life once when Sam Walton was alive. TWO different companies then & now. Unless you work at a DC the store's themselves don't offer completive pay I know what my friends get paid. The same can be said for things like holiday pay and benefits. Let's not even get in that fact that outsourcing spread like wildfire after Walton died.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:20 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,133,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALackOfCreativity View Post
If the delivery was ultra-quick, prices low, and quality generally high I'd be more than happy to give up choosing individual items, even produce.

Of course, good luck doing "ultra-quick, prices low, and quality generally high" and breaking even, much less turning a profit, but if anyone can pull it off it's Amazon.
I don't think I would. The grocery store is only a mile's walk away, so having delivery seems very wasteful.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:43 PM

9,874 posts, read 7,197,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
I wondered why shoebuy changed it's name.
shoebuy.com was bought by jet.com in January for $70 million. shoes.com shut down the rest of their domains - shoes.com, onlineshoes.com, showme.ca right after that. Walmart paid $9 million for the shoes.com domain from the liquidator.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:02 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,984,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
We shop there I'm hoping Amazon doesn't screw the store up.
Who knows! Whole foods probably going to be delivering your groceries with drones soon......

Old 06-17-2017, 08:08 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,781,314 times
If they could bring the smoked salmon to my local Whole Foods, that would be greeeeat.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:32 PM

3,851 posts, read 2,223,743 times
slightly off topic: I can't stand wholefoods. Food is not supposed to be that expensive. When a head of broccoli is a luxury item, there's something wrong.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:55 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 17 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,528,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
I worked for Wal-Mart twice in my life once when Sam Walton was alive. TWO different companies then & now. Unless you work at a DC the store's themselves don't offer completive pay I know what my friends get paid. The same can be said for things like holiday pay and benefits. Let's not even get in that fact that outsourcing spread like wildfire after Walton died.
Wal mart as an employee may such, but as a customer, i dont get peoples problem with it, other than a gigantic store with only 15 employees working at once.

As for competitive pay, that isnt going to happen. With so many stores in such close proximity , you would have stores competing against each other for employees. That would never be a good thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies