Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 09:07 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last1Out View Post
Tell that to Steve Scalise.
Gabby Giffords first.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:08 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,656,546 times
Why do liberals seem to outpost conservatives on the city data board?

IDK

They are trying to earn their pay from George Soros ?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:11 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,078,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Why do liberals seem to outpost conservatives on the city data board?

IDK

They are trying to earn their pay from George Soros ?
Who pays you?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:12 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
No, they will not engage in serious, substantive conversation, but prefer to return to the worn out defenses you mention. Any time we try to ask them to take a close look at the things Trump is doing, they have to say "Yeah, but Hillary............." .
No not really. Lost the thread to respond to about the travel ban with someone going on about citizens having to forfeit their phones before re entering the country and that's one major reason why the 9th circus court ruled it unconstitutional.

That's got nothing to do with HRC.

Let's put it this way, if I leave the country, and go on vacation or sight seeing in an area determined a hotbed for terrorist activity, I won't have any issues to hand over my devices for them to go through. I don't have anything questionable or anything to hide. If it's a matter of national security and they want to question me hooked to a lie detector and scan my devices, fine. Full cavity search? No way, can cuff me and bring me to the nearest digital imagery place and they can pay to do a full body scan...

That's got nothing to do with HRC. And if thats required from me to re enter so be it. Not a big deal.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:12 AM

3,841 posts, read 3,068,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 69Charger View Post
Trump won the election and republicans control Washington DC. Clearly the majority of America is conservative. Why so many liberal posts?

Conservatives have to work for a living and don't have as much time for posting. Libopaths are in their safe spaces with their computers constantly pounding out hateful, anti-American posts.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:16 AM

12,387 posts, read 8,155,775 times
I came here to fight. And look most are on the other side but won't admit that they are as evil as Hitler or Stalin, depending on which side I am on, and I can't believe there are so many of them.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:20 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 2 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,600,682 times
Quote:
Trump won the election and republicans control Washington DC. Clearly the majority of America is conservative. Why so many liberal posts?
Quote:
Originally Posted by skepticratic View Post
Seriously? This board is bombarded with pro-Trump nonsense everyday. And when I say nonsense, I don't mean it's nonsense because it's about Trump; it could be about Gandhi and it would be stupid.

And congress doesn't necessarily function as a demographic survey of the United States. Voter turn out is generally very low. Liberals are apparently voting less now too, particularly younger ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I see the opposite. All I see are endless posts about how the democrat party is going to eat us.
Selective Perception and/or Confirmation Bias. Your expectations that so many of X post on here causes your mind to inflate how many X is on here. I saw one poll in the Elections subforum from last year, asking posters if they support Trump or Clinton (I forgot the thread). The poll (recalling the bar graphics, not the numbers) seemed to be about 55-45 Trump. Granted, this is far from scientific, but I see no reason to doubt it grossly misreflects Politics and Other Controversies.

Even if we could do a survey passing scientific muster, there'd still be problems. Not the least would be the definition and criteria for "liberal", "conservative", and the substance of the posts. To make a long story short, even the most honest, objective survey done by two very sincere, honest posters (one liberal, one conservative) is still gonna be subject to biases of some sort.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:22 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,912,422 times
Quote:
I see plenty of non-liberals (or supporters of Trump) posting, more than I'd expect given this:
//www.city-data.com/forum/polit...rump-37-a.html

For what it's worth, it seems to match national sentiments found in polls: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...roval-ratings/

Given that, I'm not sure why you're surprised.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:25 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,564,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
I see the opposite. All I see are endless posts about how the democrat party is going to eat us.
i have yet to see a single one saying that. where are they?

Old 06-16-2017, 09:26 AM

16,759 posts, read 8,216,524 times
The paid trolls are off the payroll
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies