Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2017, 12:22 PM

4,581 posts, read 3,406,102 times

Advertisements

Will he still be a seal team 6 investigator if his search for justice happens to spill into Lynch/Clinton.

As for your main question, as a businessman, I have to handicap probabilities. I am conservative but put the chance at Trump wrongdoing at 30% right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2017, 12:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
The fact is, all of the intelligence that the FBI gathered has not been leaked. Comey seemed definitive on a number of issues of which no information has been leaked.

Trump is going nuts because he has no control over principled intelligence officers who refuse to give him or anyone else info. Many people have said there is a 'there' there. If he can't find toadies like Nunes to be his mole, he will go even crazier.

Hardcore Nixon supporters refused to believe anything negative about the guy right up until the day he resigned.

It is irrelevant who thinks it is a witch hunt. It is an investigation and will lead where it leads. Alternative facts and spinmeisters cannot stop this train. If the control freak in chief attempts to fire Mueller, he will only prove how self-destructive he truly is.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:36 PM

45,542 posts, read 27,152,040 times
It's not a witch hunt - it's a slow political coup.

The deep state is not interested in the will of the people, which should really concern everybody.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:39 PM

8,079 posts, read 10,070,207 times
I have not heard, nor has the press reported ANY leaks from the Mueller investigation. I suspect that is one of the things that is driving the Donald crazy" No information, no idea of where Mueller is going (except that he has hired a number of criminal lawyers so one can expect that there are going to be criminal charges (which The Donald would have to expect just for his behavior in the Oval Office with the Russians where he blurted out State Secrets)).

Time will tell. The Donald will just have to be frustrated until then. Poor golf ball is going to take a real beating this weekend.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:41 PM

35,681 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Because it's been a year since this investigation s

And for all the leaks coming out there is not a single thing that proves any coriginality llusion ot obstruction
what nobody gets about the g-ment- is that they are very- very slow . WE all want microwave results-- ain't happening that way.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:44 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Look, you can try to smear Bob Mueller and his team, but the reality is that this is like the SEAL Team Six of law enforcement investigation. Some will inevitably have some history of political affiliation (as does everyone), but these are career experts with deep legal / investigative expertise significant professional achievements. Mueller - unlike, say, Donald Trump - has a stellar career reputation and has many people throughout his career vouching for his integrity and impartiality. Unlike Trump, he has built a lifetime of service and also fought valiantly as a Marine in Vietnam rather than find ways to cop out.

Bob Mueller has the kind of personal reputation that Trump (and none of the rest of you on here) couldn't even dream of, let alone touch. He and his team are not the types who are going to risk their professional reputations lightly and engage into things as impetuously as Trump with a Twitter account at 3am.

If these big dogs are being called out, that is a sign to me that evidence is serious enough to warrant a close look. They don't assemble a team like this if there are no suspicious indicators and ask them "so what stuff can you fabricate to nail Trump?" Doesn't necessarily mean Trump is guilty, but it suggests to me that the investigation itself is legit.

Seems to me that if you're so quick to dismiss it as a "witch Hunt", then you probably fit the definition of a Trump shill. You do know that you don't have to believe everything he tweets, right?
where is the evidence? when nixon was being investigated for his role in the watergate cover up, there was evidence that something happened, and that nixon might be involved in the cover up.

in this case however there is no evidence, zip nada none. and this has been investigated since trump accepted the nomination in july 2016. over the same period of time in the watergate investigations, evidence was found to suggest that nixon did cover up and did abuse his power.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:45 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,494,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
This is my point of view as well, if there was ABSOLUTELY nothing then there would have been no need for Mueller to assemble this team of veteran top notch investigators and lawyers. He even brought on people who were involved with investigating Watergate.

Whether Trump supporters like it or not, it's clear that things are suspicious enough to need a very close examination. It might not be anything outright criminal, but it's clear that Trump is very shady.
Let me clear. This isn't a conservative thing. This is Trump's game. Just like his tweets you all go nuts over... he's treating you like mushrooms feed ya chit and keep ya in the dark. The shuffling of investigators, have you short term memory loss? He's taken Mueller in and said he wants the investigation looked into.

All of this hub bub is a non issue, since there are No facts or proof of collusion.

Keep dreaming Sean Hannity comes through my radio waves, I'm jamming to XM LiquidMetal.

What Trump is doing is prove all of his adversaries are weak driven by emotion and tinfoil hat conspiracies. From MSM and their "anonymous sources say" to Hollywood elite, on down to the lemmings. Congratulations, You're playing yourselves.

I'm sure if there were evidence like Comey found on clinton and coming out declaring there was evidence of mishandling but no reason to prosecute as he couldn't prove intent... this would be much much different...
Why drag the hag into this? Because she actually had evidence proving she mishandled classified information. You think it's odd he canned comey but normal for Lynch to meet slick willy on a tarmac...

It's utterly amusing is what it is. I'm not even upset the slightest bit. Why? I know people like Donny 2 Scoops, this is all a game to him that he's winning.
Stop the politics of it, forget left vs right for one moment.

You have a cunning man who stays 5 steps ahead of everyone else. He isn't cryptic but he is putting things out in the open that instead of shrugging off, you're crying foul over. Time. And time. And time again. Especially once NBC CNN WAPO NYT gets their hands on it throw some spice and seasonings on it for you to devour. And you become unhinged.

Has nothing to do with politics, it never has. I'm sorry if your idea is a state funded utopia of freebies with a coward leader going on a world wide apology tour. This man campaigned on draining the swamp, end to career politics, placing US THE AMERICAN PEOPLE FIRST, one where taxes on business owners are lowered for they can hire on more people (whether they do or not is NOT Trump's doing) gutting social programs, won't need welfare wic etc if there are bountiful paying careers...
What part of America First not refugee not illegal alien do you not understand?

The fragility and emotionally charged unhinging is providing me the most amusement ever... and your too invested in ideology or party first than to wake up and see you're all being played like a fiddle by your idols and media...

Old 06-16-2017, 12:46 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,594,686 times
That's a great question. And I agree with your post and judging by the few who claim they are not a die hard conservative, you've got your answer - still a witch hunt. Not saying it is but let's say it is a witch hunt...so what? If a witch hunt was good enough for Bill Clinton, it's good enough for Crooked Donald Trump!

Old 06-16-2017, 12:47 PM

75 posts, read 50,045 times
Do you do anything except prognosticate? President Trump is likely to stuff it down Mueller's throat, a basketball analogy I will admit, but a good one. You should play a game every once in a while, it would be a life lesson. And you would know what a hard contest is; because the game ain't over until the buzzer sounds. PS: this hard corps conservative, wrote a letter to of praise to President Trump today.

Old 06-16-2017, 12:47 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,358,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Commonsense and observation.

When collusion is given as the reason and collusion isn't a crime. Its a witch hunt.
Collusion is a nice term. But you are RIGHT, collusion isnt a crime-its ALL of the other things that occur around it that is a crime. IE the hacking, the release of peoples emails, the money laundering, etc etc etc.

Additionally, you do not have to commit a prosecutable crime to be impeached.

This isn't a witch hunt, this is a investigation. And Trump and his team are only a part of it. How many Benghazi investigations? After the first 6 that was a witch hunt. We're still on #1 here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies