Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2017, 09:35 PM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Doesn't the Washington Post use horrible logic to stir up fake news/resentment against the NRA?

Take this article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ed96d3d024b1

The Washington Post tries to portray the NRA as hypocritical, because the NRA had a quick response when it was obvious that a murderer was targeting and killing cops, but was asking for more time to see all the evidence in the Castile case.

https://www.nrablog.com/articles/201...nra-is-racist/

"Shame on the NRA for responding when it is 100% obvious what happened, but asking for more time to review the evidence when it isn't 100% obvious."

The NRA should have known that the Washington post approves of the following statement, before all the evidence is in: "The police acted stupidly."

Some NRA leaders had legitimate concern that Jeronimo Yanez, the Hispanic police officer (or is it white-Hispanic?!) may have been telling the truth, that the video cut out the first initial moments, and that there may have been more to the story.

Yet many in the NRA wanted an instant siding with Castile and it divided their group.

The Washington Post is every bit as slanted as FoxNews or MSNBC.

At least they aren't as bad as Michael Moore who flat out asserts that the KKK and NRA were founded in the same year to work hand in hand suppressing blacks. The NRA was founded by Union veterans of the Civil War to have marksmen in case a second rebellion occurred - over half of their early presidents had been abolitionists or Radical Republicans supporting black voting rights and some even confiscation of Planter land for freedmen. Ulysses S. Grant was even a president of the NRA and when he was president of the USA, he made the KKK illegal with the force acts. But Michael Moore will say the KKK was founded with the NRA hand in hand as buddies to oppress blacks and liberal dolts will nod their heads and congratulate themselves for how educated they are.
Good post. Nice to get some actual truth up in here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
A jury heard the case and came to the conclusion he was not guilty. Never should have been charged in the first place.
Your username caught my eye.

I wonder why you claim this.

What do you know about this case the liberal media is denying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Does it matter? You convicted Yanez long ago. Yanez gave Castile at least two warnings not to reach for it, while Castile ignored him. How many times would be sufficient for you? There really is no amount is there? I mean, if you're being honest? Yanez could have warned him 10 times to stop reaching for the gun before finally firing & would argue it should be 11 times.
Hmmm, seeing some reasonable doubt here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
A jury who actually heard all the evidence does not agree with you!
Yup, Black Lies Matter.

Last edited by McGowdog; 06-16-2017 at 10:46 PM..

Old 06-16-2017, 09:38 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,189,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Absolutely it does & he did. Is that really in question?
Yes. Absolutely it is in question. Because I really don't believe that African Americans have Second Amendment Rights. And this case proves it.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:39 PM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times
Even the combat soldiers have to follow strict rules of engagement. You can't just shoot somebody because you are afraid.

This doesn't sound right. Pretty sad.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:41 PM

1,074 posts, read 949,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Yes. Absolutely it is in question. Because I really don't believe that African Americans have Second Amendment Rights. And this case proves it.
African-Americans DO have Second Amendment Rights. Every law abiding American does.

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
As I said in the very beginning this officer should have never been charged. There was no way in a million years they were going to get a conviction. They charged him to pander to the public. Castille did not listen to instruction. Maybe he didn't listen because he smoked a bunch of marijuana. He went for his gun. The officer told him not to do it and Castille was killed. BTW a jury listened to the facts and determined he was not guilty.

26,491 posts, read 15,066,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Why is a law abiding, hard working black man with a carrying permit dead? Did he have Second Amendment rights? And where is the NRA? When are they gonna voice support for Castile's family.

I ain't worrying about WaPo.
If Yanez' version of events are true - and the video didn't disprove it - then I fully understand why a jury wouldn't find him guilty.

If you feel that Yanez is lying then I can understand why you think Yanez should be locked up.

The honest fact of the matter is, and I am not sure that you want an honest discussion, is that this incident and case is murky and hard to tell exactly what happened with certainty. For the Washington Post to bash the NRA for not picking a side before an investigation when it isn't obvious what happened is asinine slanted BS politics. To demand that the NRA pick a side when they still don't have a clue exactly as to what happened isn't much different.

Neither you or I truly know if Yanez is telling the truth - if he is telling the truth, it isn't shocking he got off.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:43 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
Doesn't the Washington Post use horrible logic to stir up fake news/resentment against the NRA?

Take this article here: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.ed96d3d024b1

The Washington Post tries to portray the NRA as hypocritical, because the NRA had a quick response when it was obvious that a murderer was targeting and killing cops, but was asking for more time to see all the evidence in the Castile case.

https://www.nrablog.com/articles/201...nra-is-racist/

"Shame on the NRA for responding when it is 100% obvious what happened, but asking for more time to review the evidence when it isn't 100% obvious."

The NRA should have known that the Washington post approves of the following statement, before all the evidence is in: "The police acted stupidly."

Some NRA leaders had legitimate concern that Jeronimo Yanez, the Hispanic police officer (or is it white-Hispanic?!) may have been telling the truth, that the video cut out the first initial moments, and that there may have been more to the story.

Yet many in the NRA wanted an instant siding with Castile and it divided their group.

The Washington Post is every bit as slanted as FoxNews or MSNBC.

At least they aren't as bad as Michael Moore who flat out asserts that the KKK and NRA were founded in the same year to work hand in hand suppressing blacks. The NRA was founded by Union veterans of the Civil War to have marksmen in case a second rebellion occurred - over half of their early presidents had been abolitionists or Radical Republicans supporting black voting rights and some even confiscation of Planter land for freedmen. Ulysses S. Grant was even a president of the NRA and when he was president of the USA, he made the KKK illegal with the force acts. But Michael Moore will say the KKK was founded with the NRA hand in hand as buddies to oppress blacks and liberal dolts will nod their heads and congratulate themselves for how educated they are.
So, investigation was done. Where is the NRA now? I support and have supported the NRA for years. This is the kind of case the NRA should be rallying around. A legal gun owner is shot because a cop panicked even after being told he was carrying and a CCW holder. The NRA's absence in this case has angered many of its members, including me.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:43 PM

5,859 posts, read 3,297,105 times
Quote:
If Yanez' version of events are true - and the video didn't disprove it - then I fully understand why a jury wouldn't find him guilty.

If you feel that Yanez is lying then I can understand why you think Yanez should be locked up.

The honest fact of the matter is, and I am not sure that you want an honest discussion, is that this incident and case is murky and hard to tell exactly what happened with certainty. For the Washington Post to demand the NRA respond and pick a side before an investigation when it isn't obvious is asinine slanted BS politics. To demand that the NRA weigh in when they still don't have a clue exactly as to what happened isn't much different.

Neither you or I truly know if Yanez is telling the truth - if he is telling the truth, it isn't shocking he got off.
A jury heard the case and came to the conclusion he was not guilty. Never should have been charged in the first place.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:46 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
NRA's mission is to advocate for gun rights for law abiding citizens. Not weigh in on court cases. They aren't doing Nancy Grace court case talk shows.

In my view, the cop had reason to suspect the guy was going for his gun.

Old 06-16-2017, 09:46 PM

19,020 posts, read 14,198,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
He didn't resist. As far as I can see, he informed the officer he was carrying even though the law in Minnesota does not require one to do so as a legal CCW. The officer once Castile was getting his ID thought he was going for his gun (or so the officer claimed) and shot him - several times. That's on the officer, not Castile.
NO, it's not on the officer if the man was not expressly told to get his ID. The officer is NOT a mind reader. Any action of the detainee that is not in compliance is SUSPECT.
Keep hands on steering wheel, in plain sight. Do not move them unless asked by the officer. Then he won't presume the worst case scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies