Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 09:30 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times

Advertisements

well, like I said, Yanez was unfit. He was jumpy and screamed like a kid.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:30 AM

10,389 posts, read 3,976,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Well, that procedure got this dark-skinned ghetto kid with a gruff exterior thru life (and numerous stops).
But why were you stopped so many times? Only times I was stopped was for speeding, a DUI check point and once out in the country, they were checking vehicles because an inmate from the nearby prison escaped.

But I hear too many times black people being targeted and pulled over for no reason whatsoever.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:32 AM

13,242 posts, read 4,898,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
HAhahahahahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaa

Great point......
http://www.flsenate.gov/PublishedCon...ct_details.pdf

As of 2012, see Page 28.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:37 AM

6,160 posts, read 5,674,326 times
Big surprise there. Law enforcement has ZERO accountability in this country. Even the post office has more accountability.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:44 AM

39,033 posts, read 27,449,807 times
Part of the problem here is the U.S. obsession with local control. England gets by with 39 police forces, plus a handful of mostly specialized national and territorial forces. Canada has a bit over 100 forces. The U.S. has over 18,000 law enforcement agencies, ranging in size from around 45,000 sworn officers to between two and three thousand one-man agencies. About 80% of these have fewer than 25 sworn officers.

Each state, plus the federal government, has its own standards for law enforcement training. No state accepts another’s training as a substitute for its own, although “lateral transfers” are easier in some states than in others. The most common model for training is the regional academy, often sponsored by a community college or tech school. Many of these have what amounts to open admissions, where anyone with the tuition can enroll and try to complete the course. Many of those have no hope of getting an actual police job, as they won’t be able to pass the background investigation.

I think we desperately need better training, there should be ways to improve police and community relations.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:49 AM

36,856 posts, read 17,296,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
But why were you stopped so many times? Only times I was stopped was for speeding, a DUI check point and once out in the country, they were checking vehicles because an inmate from the nearby prison escaped.

But I hear too many times black people being targeted and pulled over for no reason whatsoever.
I was stopped numerous times growing up in the ghetto because the police force used preventative policing tactics. At the height of the crack epidemic many urban areas adopted this tactic and applied for federal funds specifically for this use. You had to show stops to receive the money.

That's specific to me.

As an adult out of the ghetto I've been pulled over 75% for legit reasons, 25% for what I would call phishing reasons because of my appearance.

In either case I'm going to use the same protocol. I'm not getting shot to prove a point. That would be absurd.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:49 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,586,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
And those "multitude of reasons" to JUSTIFY shooting someone during a routine traffic stop include committing no crime whatsoever?

Really now? Gimme some reasons for justifiably shooting a law abiding citizen that is committing no crime during a routine traffic stop that would make sense to the both of us! Just two reasons. More if you'd like.
It all depends on how the situation escalates once the stop is in progress.

Is it a crime to reach for papers after telling a cop you have a gun (and the cop asks you to keep your hands in plain sight)? No, but it's a good way to get shot by said cop who has a reasonable fear for his life at that point.

Let's take that a step futher, is it a crime to reach for a gun while a cop is present? No, but it's a good way to get shot by said cop who has a reasonable fear for his life at that point.

I'm curious, in your opinion, at what point is it OK for a cop to use deadly force? Do they need to get shot first?

Here is the MN statute if you're curious, and if you have issues then write your favorite MN Senator.

https://www.revisor.mn.gov/statutes/?id=609.066

By the way, if you still want to try and prove your accusation, I am all ears.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:00 AM

46,200 posts, read 26,966,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Nothing more than what, and who is Morales? I have more than a first grade education and I can tell you that your post was unintelligible.
Morales definition:

Quote:
The state of the spirits of a person or group as exhibited by confidence, cheerfulness, discipline, and willingness to perform assigned tasks: The staff's morale increased when everyone was given a day off with pay. [French, morality, good conduct, from feminine of moral, moral, from Old French; see moral.]
https://www.google.com/#q=Morales+definition

Maybe you need to go back to first grade.....

Old 06-17-2017, 10:02 AM

90,316 posts, read 120,451,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Part of the problem here is the U.S. obsession with local control. England gets by with 39 police forces, plus a handful of mostly specialized national and territorial forces. Canada has a bit over 100 forces. The U.S. has over 18,000 law enforcement agencies, ranging in size from around 45,000 sworn officers to between two and three thousand one-man agencies. About 80% of these have fewer than 25 sworn officers.

Each state, plus the federal government, has its own standards for law enforcement training. No state accepts another’s training as a substitute for its own, although “lateral transfers” are easier in some states than in others. The most common model for training is the regional academy, often sponsored by a community college or tech school. Many of these have what amounts to open admissions, where anyone with the tuition can enroll and try to complete the course. Many of those have no hope of getting an actual police job, as they won’t be able to pass the background investigation.

I think we desperately need better training, there should be ways to improve police and community relations.
And tell us how many say, Indonesia, Brazil or Russia has. You know, countries with similarly large populations. Canada has about 1/10th the US population, and most of its people live within 100 miles of the US border. The UK in its entirety, not just England, has about 1/5 the US population, and is a very densely populated country. The US population is widespread and not so dense outside of the big cities.
https://www.infoplease.com/world/pop...countries-2016

Old 06-17-2017, 10:03 AM

50,144 posts, read 46,793,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
What did he reach for and who told you that he didn't state that he had a legal permit?

And I want YOUR answer. Did Castile have Second Amendment rights? Why won't you answer?

And yep. I now fully support BLM. I'm black. I will stand with my people from now on on this issue.
So Cosby is innocent too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies