Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2017, 08:01 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Here are white people NOT doing what the cops said they must do. All armed, and not getting shot.

Explain this, cop supporters.

This proves nothing, no matter how many times you post it. One could just as easily put together a youtube video of all the White people shot by the police & that wouldn't prove anything either.

This case is a scale of 1-10. 1 is "Castile was a Black thug going for his gun & thank God the cop killed him". 10 is "The cop murdered Castile for no reason at all. Cops are bad. Cops are out to kill Black people.". 5, the moderate position that most in this thread hold, is "Castile didn't seem like a horrible guy & the cop certainly didn't seem like the most capable guy. At the same time Castile shouldn't have reached when the cop was telling him not to reach. Sad, a civil suit for sure, but not criminal against the cop." or "This was very sad, but the mixed race jury got to see all the evidence, we didn't".

Old 06-17-2017, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
So? I got pulled over in Fremantle, bouncing all over from too much SPIKE energy drinks, and I did NOT kowtow and ask permission to move! ( are you farking kidding me?-is it USA OR the Gulag where you live) and guess what? I'm just fine and was NEVER in ANY danger of being harmed by the officer! In fact he was cool as the other side of the pillow- he likes the Green Bay Packers too! He was polite, professional, courteous, and a pretty nice guy- he never chucked a wobbly once-!! THAT is how it should be.
Fremantle, Wisconsin. They call it "White Compton" right?

Old 06-17-2017, 08:04 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Ok. A statist.

I could embrace anarchism if not for things like Flint, or Bhopal, India. Anarchism has no mechanism for protecting people from greed . I dont think the state is good, but I think leaving greedy capitalists to operate at will unrestrained by laws to be even worse.

How would you deal with a wealthy group willing to poison your only supply of water by fracking for money under no-statism?

Old 06-17-2017, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
you went a long rant...now actually answer the questions in the post you quoted.
Zimmy was all the things you said & Martin is all the things I said. Again....both idiots. Both cut from the same cloth.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
I could embrace anarchism if not for things like Flint, or Bhopal, India. Anarchism has no mechanism for protecting people from greed . I dont think the state is good, but I think leaving greedy capitalists to operate at will unrestrained by laws to be even worse.

How would you deal with a wealthy group willing to poison your only supply of water by fracking for money under no-statism?
We'd derail the thread but I'll get back to you via PM if you'd like. Or just look around here...

https://mises.org/

Old 06-17-2017, 08:09 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredcop111 View Post
Actually I was in the NYPD. Thanks though!
Sipowicz?? Is that you??

Old 06-17-2017, 08:11 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,284,357 times
What is interesting about this discussion of gun rights and cops is that the pro gun side who make the case that we ultimately need guns to protect us from a tyrannical government are largely also the ones defending the cop shooting an innocent man for not being properly subservient to the authorities.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:12 PM

3,674 posts, read 3,035,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
Fremantle, Wisconsin. They call it "White Compton" right?
Nah Fremantle Perth, WA. We were visiting DW friends- we live on the mean streets of Sunshine Coast, Queensland������������ those banana-benders are a tough bunch!!

Old 06-17-2017, 08:22 PM

948 posts, read 921,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atalanta View Post
News said that the evidence will be released next week.

Maybe it will help with assumptions and give more factual insight.
It doesn't matter. From what I've noticed, most of the people who insist the cop is guilty do not care about any evidence other than the video that his psychopathic girlfriend took.

I wasted a couple hours debating this with people on the Net last night, and the cop-haters don't care about logic or the facts of the case. Most of them didn't know anything that came out at the hearing, but they insisted that the jury was wrong. Mention that Castile had a gun in his pocket, a loaded gun, and that the officer claimed his hand was on that gun, and they don't care. Everything is irrelevant except for "the video".

This video was not like the Rodney King video. It was taken AFTER the fact, and shows but nobody cares. The fact that the cop was emotional was all they need to convict him.

Try talking about other evidence and witness testimony, and they don't care. They accuse you of being "stupid" or "daft" for wanting to consider any evidence other than "the video" or for arguing that police officers do have a right to self-defense.

If you do not blindly believe that Yanez is a murderer, and he had no right to self-defense, then you are a "racist".

My brother's just as stubborn, but he doesn't accuse me of being a "racist", and he certainly does not "pray" that I am shot to death.

The people who want to see Yanez convicted hate cops so much, that they do not care about any evidence that the jurors had. They automatically believe that the jurors are stupid, for not condemning him even though they had way more information than any of us. You can not change their minds, and it would be a waste of time to bother trying.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 PM

948 posts, read 921,499 times
They also don't care about the fact that Castile DID have a criminal record and DID hang out with gangbangers, and his girlfriend is a violent psycho.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2017/0...mond-reynolds/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies