Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:56 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

They engage in active exoticism, witch hunt and constant rage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 08:58 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailsock View Post
I'm not a conservative or a liberal but I have a question. What gets you through these times? Is it the thought of Donald Trump being impeached? Is it the motivation you need to wake up and get out of bed every morning? I see lots of FB rants, pouting, negative vibes, etc. and some of you just don't appear to be doing all that well since Hillary lost the election. It's fair to say that none of you saw this coming. What will you do with yourselves if the people elect him to a 2nd term?
First and foremost, no one buys your fallacious premise that the resistance to Trump is composed of "leftists" or "liberals" - the Trump cultists may buy that nonsense because it makes them feel good - it's sort of like being in a gang, right? You have to have an enemy; and if there is not one - you will create one. You guys learned this from Trump himself, this has always been his tactic, and you bought into that game hook, line and sinker.

The reality of course is that the resistance to Trump cuts across all political spectra; in fact, it's largely apolitical in many ways, simply because the Trump movement is really not political. It's an anarchic movement with the premise that the current structure of American government is SO bad that is must be razed to the ground and replaced with something "great". This is another fallacy of the Trump dogma - only the most brainwashed members of the cult actually believe it at this point, and their numbers are dwindling every day.

Trump is going to be left with a fringe group of hard-line supporters, like the few dozen represented here on C-D. It's beyond comprehension that he would not build some sort of alliance by reaching out to moderates or Centrists, but his egocentric personality is such that will never happen. As far as I can tell he is doomed to failure if he continues down this path. It's too soon for Republicans to start un-tethering themselves from the Trump wagon, but when we get closer to the midterms you are going to see the Trump support in Congress disappear. Unless Trump decides to behave like a President instead of a spoiled juvenile, which as far as I can tell is exceedingly unlikely.

Old 06-17-2017, 09:16 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,623,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
cool story bro, but with so many extremist right wing nut jobs murdering people on trains, murdering church goers etc, i suggest you pack it in.

So many? Ummm, where are these right wing nut jobs in such profusion? Plus the incidents you mention were not motivated by anything to do with politics in DC or partisan politics in any way. They were just straight up racism and cultural bigotry, taken to extremes. There was nothing larger than individual motivation involved, unlike the VA shooter who was following leftist inciting of violence to induce political change. I suggest you pack it in.

The rioting, burning, general violence and inability to gain notice without hitting people with locks or throwing out beat downs is being actively promoted by the left. Celebrities, political pundits of notoriety, political strategists etc all actively calling for violent action. And they're getting it. #huntrepublican congressmen.com, "I've thought very hard about blowing up the White House", college campuses and cities turning into riotous chaos, drawing up battle lines along race, culture, lifestyle, masked thuggery, attacking mounted police with flag poles, all the while claiming moral and social consciousness to be superior?

I didn't even vote for Trump but with the tactics being employed by the left and the downright ridiculous rhetoric coming out of that camp I'm thinking maybe I should have. As it stands, my moderate Independent take is being pushed further right. The only right wing groups with views as radical as what the left is putting out there and taking to the streets with are the bloody skinheads and clowns like the KKK, and they are being pretty quiet in comparison.

Need I even mention cretins like Maddow? I'm far from packing it in. Think I'll pitch camp and stay a while.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:05 AM

937 posts, read 699,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
All empires become flawed and fall apart. Rome had five great emperors and five terrible emperors. We have great and terrible Presidents.
I wish that our terrible Presidents weren't coming so close together.
Basically from 1981 to the present, but with this dictator, all it takes is one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Let them. Shut the grid down tonight. I'll be just fine. I can live off the land. Just be another day for me...
See how long you will last like that. Dream on, there is more to it than electricity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
I don't quite HATE the guy, but it bothers me that despite all of the people he's screwed in his life and the campaign trail he somehow won the election. Moral of the story kids, sometimes the bad guy wins!
I would have felt almost the same if Hillary won. What a joke of an election, really.
It's more of a joke of this country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
LAZY? You've got to be kidding.....where have you been living, under a rock? This is what comes of the media burying all of Trump's accomplishments....so many people ignorant of what is actually happening in this administration.
I guess most of us are living under the same rock.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:15 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,578,846 times
Aloha & Covfefe - I shouldn't admit it, but I do enjoy reading these threads, and all the angst and handwringing. In my life time the world was supposed to come to an end when JFK was assassinated and when Nixon resigned and when Reagan was shot and when Clinton was impeached and when Obama was elected and ........

Have a nice day
Mahalo
Hoot

Old 06-17-2017, 10:19 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,925,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoot N Annie View Post
Aloha & Covfefe - I shouldn't admit it, but I do enjoy reading these threads, and all the angst and handwringing. In my life time the world was supposed to come to an end when JFK was assassinated and when Nixon resigned and when Reagan was shot and when Clinton was impeached and when Obama was elected and ........

Have a nice day
Mahalo
Hoot
Yes we have all become quite spoiled here in 21st century America. Talk to anyone who lived during the Great Depression or WWII, and you will clearly understand that the Trump phenomena is nothing more than a tempest in a a teapot. Go visit Flanders Field or Normandy and then tell me that what Trump tweeted today has any relevance whatsoever in the bigger scheme of things.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:15 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Nice try but in the Nov 2016 election the Democrats GAINED seats in both houses, now tell me again how we are crumbling, because i would love to know.

Hillary got more votes than Trump , that means MORE americans support her than Trump and since Jan 20th we have driven down Trump's numbers almost as much as he has.

The truth is , you know that ACA repeal and Trump are a deadly combo likely to knock your guys out in 2018 and 2020. And you know Trump, Ryan and Mitch are destroying your party and turning it into a hellish mix of populists, racists , religious zealots and conservatives. frankly at the rate it is going the conservatives are going to have to join the left. I mean i voted for Bush...

As to that poster, they are exactly the problem. folks who put their shameless ego's ahead of the national good. The real reason those folk don't vote is so that they can spend the next four years whining about whoever wins and telling their friends how cool and special they are. As it stands we have awful turnouts, if the person is motivated enough to post here they should have used their vote in an adult way. We have millions of folk so special they think it is your job and my job to vote, and their job to whine cry and protest in the streets.
National good!? Yes... it would be great to continue down the path of self destruction with her and obamas policies...

Repeal of the ACA would be the best thing that ever happened! You have any idea how many people it had affected in the lower income bracket? People who made 20k 35k to 50k, their insurance premiums going up 200% for 50% coverage, asinine deductibles, God forbid they had kids 15k out of pocket before insurance kicks in and that's Affordable? Maybe you didn't work in a field in that bracket of 20-50k I did, alot of people I knew did... it is not the government's responsibility. That, and it's ones choice to have health insurance. Not uncle sams will forced onto the populace. I'm healthy. I wouldn't have health insurance. Especially now when it's cheaper to pay out of pocket than it is to meet a deductible every calender year despite much higher premiums. Can't sit there and tell me the insurance companies aren't rolling in dough, unless we're paying for someone else on the dole to go bring their illegitimate brats to the emergency room for simple colds, or to go towards narcan to be dispensed to junkies, plus their poor health that is self inflicted. If only I could chase the dollar and found where it was going and knew for certain...

LOL you're still sticking to the phobosisticismist argument making up the conservative party? What are we? ISIS? Going out to throw gay people off roofs, behead those who don't comply to our will (Griffin) light people on fire, strip women their right to vote and beat them or stone them to death? We want to keep the zealots out and your 9th circus court of appeals wants them in, and cities to be sanctuaries for illegals... Nope. The only people who benefit from exploiting illegals are those big money dem politicians and celebrities having their lush properties maintained and farms needing cheap labor.

Yeah even in NY there was a rancher who's trucks I used to service, would brag about how he played both sides of the fence. Promise those here on visas to get them the help they needed to become citizens, he'd throw 10-20 of them in single/double wide trailers, collect housing from the government for them, get them on every benefit you could think of. Once the visa ran up he'd hold the threat of deportation over their heads to keep them on his horse ranch. That's evil.

Alot of Asian restaraunts spas and massage parlors harbored illegal immigrants from Asian countries and were popped for prostitution and drugs to boot. There's plenty of Albany local news stories of it that are published. They did the same thing that rancher did.

How about Church Camps in Texas taking in 800 illegal immigrant children receiving up to $345 per child Per Day from the federal government?
Do the math that's $276k PER DAY. And the answers you're party offer are, to keep paying for sanctuary, or to just give them citizenship? Nope. No way. Raid them, and lock the ones running the churches up for fraud. I'll bet that 345 per child per day, that child saw maybe 10 per day...
Donny, drain that swamp!!!

Oh
Here ya go for your phobosisticismist rhetoric. It's like being in a toxic relationship, where those who cry wrong doing/cheating are guilty of it themselves. Difference is we can prove we aren't. While you put your foot in your mouth.

https://youtu.be/ytSZ851hLRc

https://youtu.be/vZCVHB68cuY

See unlike the policies you and your party favor... I believe nobody should be suppressed and make social programs/entitlement programs a career. I believe in lowering tax burdens to corporations and businesses so they may hire workers. Not go off shore. Your parties policies seek to suppress through coddling. Don't worry... uncle Sam will pay for your section 8, welfare, wic, heap, etc. Don't worry about having any pride or accomplishments we will be modern Robin hoods and extort others to pay for you. If the minimum isn't enough there's always crime that pays. Until you get locked up for it.
That's oppression. Don't confuse oppression with working hard and accomplishing goals and achieving success.

Want proof of what hard work will yield you?

Show me a government program that will cover what I've got. You can't.

Last time I checked the best the former blue state I lived in, had a program to cover vehicle maintenance feed you pay your rent cover your utilities including internet and provide clothing stipends. Where's the incentive to work ? Do the math on all of those programs combined never mind the fact they're now providing free state College tuition and trying to get safe spaces to shoot heroin, that's 72k dollars per year to sit at home and claim you can't find gainful employment due to either an over saturated job market, nothing local, or due to having kids.

Call my bluff. Go on tell me that's a crock of chit. 2 former friends of mine did this. What's worse? They got productive women to get fired and jump on board the gravy train with them. And they bragged about it. All that's required of them is they show applying for jobs online or in person. Attend an interview and bomb it. They're playing a system Democrats designed and it's sickening. I've got no problems holding someone over for up to a month between jobs... but it's been YEARS going on and ratting them out falls on deaf ears.

Land lord doesn't care. He's getting section 8 every month. He's happy. He could care less. Repair shop doesn't care, they get paid to do work on their vehicles. Grocery store doesn't care. They're being paid for their food. Utility companies don't care, they're getting paid so they can have the thermostat at 80 in the winter, tvs going 24 hours a day, etc.

That's not living, that's being oppressed. No sense in being a sucker and get a job to start out at 30k as bottom of the totem pole when you can get someone else to pay for you to live. There's no incentive with those programs and they're harmful. They strip you of pride, strip you of worth, there's no reason to maintain the property that's being paid for. Someone else is paying for it. Why bother. The dumps they live in, the area looks like Bosnia! Bet their brats get seen by pediatricians for free too.

I live in a mini mansion. 3800sqft since the attached garage has been converted to a "Florida room". I drive fully loaded pickups. One with a lift wheels and tires and soon I'll complete the third to spank new camaros challengers and mustangs. Not roached out clunkers on tax funded life support. Every weekend is a vacation to me, opposed to them getting 2 tax funded vacations to a water park... I've got at the minimum 800 to 1k in cash on me at all times.

I'm not blessed, this wasn't luck, nor given to me.

I'm hard working, I sacrificed the oh so important social life through highschool and a better part of my early 20s to be where I am today. There isn't anything out there that I can't do short of running a Bridgeport, perform surgery, perscribe medicine, write computer code, and erect sky scrapers.

I don't think anyone should sit at home and rot on the tax payers dime. Buy a pair of work boots, roll up the sleeves, forget about expecting or demanding 50k to start. Learn from the old timers, show initiative and the will to learn in skilled trades. Don't make pizz poor decisions like having kids or to get married young- Happy life no wife , jumping into college to get a piece of paper that costs a fortune right after highschool without the means to pay it off in as little time as possible... you can someday too be your own boss.

I'd like to see that happen for everyone who works for it.

Especially veterans. There should be no reason for a person who has sacrificed and served to be homeless jobless or suffer. They shouldn't have to wait to be seen by doctors, or be told they have to prove injuries related to combat/service. And write a Congressman to be seen to boot. Illegals or refugees. Nah. Nope.

And we're phobosisticismists. When it's your parties leaders and policies that give a cheap low quality life pandering to those who've suffered for YEARS. They don't get any incentive to step off the democrats plantation. BTW Trump signed HBCUs to black colleges, something the former traitor in chief promised and didn't deliver on. Not once. But you didn't know that, you were too focused on Kelly Anne Conway kneeling on a couch to get a picture of the signing of that event... yeah we're so racist...

Bet my circle of friends is more diverse than yours if you don't hear from me later I'll be slamming down some cold ones and jamming to Marley enjoying a mix of Haitian/Jamaican food at my buddies house.

Go on, bring Appalachia into it. The leftist policies to demonize the coal industry hurt those who held jobs in coal while gave incentives for green energy R&D. Think ford Motor company didn't get a bail out from tax payers. Pfft. They did in the form of hybrid R&D. NY program to get businesses read the fine print of StartupNY. To have the reduced taxes/exemptions, Must be in green energy and STEM fields, within a certain distance of a SUNY school, and hire on SUNY students as interns.
Global Foundries in Malta. 2/3rds of their parking lot is taken up with out of state plates. New Mexico Arizona Texas Nevada California were most common.
Bet they're the ones making the money as management and the SUNY students/NY residents are the interns and gophers stuck on the bottom wrung of the ladder.
Then again the kid who worked with Jack's Mechanical, a sub contractor from out of state, that joined my shop claimed he was making 20 per hour as a material handler and part time steam fitter... so maybe not...

MAGA I'll never join your party until JFK returns and breaks his foot off in your parties behind for exploitation, oppression, harming business and employment opportunities, needing a card to throw and a crutch to lean on to excuse your failures and pass the blame and your personal responsibilities onto a boogey man you drafted up. Its Republican/Trump partisanship full of hateful rhetoric? Take a good hard look in the mirror sweetheart. Was it not clinton who declared marraige is between a man and woman to win NY then 180 and shill claiming she's the champion for gay rights and marraige? Yup. I've said it since highschool. Let them get married and be miserable like the rest of us. Life liberty pursuit of happiness for all...

And your parties leaders want to bring refugees from a region that kills those people and commit heinous acts of violence and rape on women in, unchecked, and road block the travel ban because it has been proven that those who go back to that region do become radicalised, god forbid there is an inconvenience upon return to America to go through personal devices! If there is nothing to hide or be guilty of why the worry?

Keep on with the phobosisticismist approach. It worked so well for you last election.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:21 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Sanders people who voted for Clinton after the collusion between her campaign and the DNC screwed your candidate out of a real chance to win are nuts. Then again, he sold out, too.
He sold out?

What about "Lyin Ted" who stood up at the RNC and told people to vote their conscience? Right before genuflecting before Trump and giving him his vote. AFTER being personally attacked by Trump who also said his wife was ugly.

LOL. Now THAT is selling out.

Then we have . . . . "Little Marco" who Trump personally degraded time and time again. Oh yeah, he sold out too.

And then we have . . . Mitt Romney. The prior nominee of the Republican party. Who gave a press conference calling Trump 'a fake; a fraud, and a phony". This, again, was right before getting on his knees and begging Trump for the SOS job.

And ya'll keep talking about Bernie.

Look inside your own glass house.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:26 AM

6,658 posts, read 4,745,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LesserSeneca View Post
Violence, lots and lots of violence.
Don't remember any acts of violence committed on Obama supporters by conservatives/republicans. It's mostly liberals that cause violence and riots.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:41 AM

8,381 posts, read 4,365,088 times
What keeps me going? Well, Trump is a disappointment to put it mildly. His incompetence has made America the laughing stock of the world.

In spite of that, I know that America and its people as a whole are far stronger than one man or even a misguided few. I know that when freedom and liberty are truly threatened, this county WILL UNITE and put down anything or anyone that truly threatens our way of life.

Woe unto anyone that tries to invade our shores take away our democracy. We may have differences of opinion on some issues but let the truth be known, let undeniable fact hit us, as a country, in the face, and you will see unity and rage unmatched to protect our homeland in a bipartisan way you would not believe possible.

Peace out ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies