Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 11:13 AM

6,454 posts, read 7,007,212 times

Advertisements

This is the game plan....

The Dems know that they don't have anything...

They've been investigating "Russian collusion" for about, what a year now? They've had how many top level officials put it on record that there no evidence of any collusion with the Russians and Donald Trump...

They've had the FBI, NSA, CIA etc looking into all of this as TOP priority, with as many agents and informants as they need...and still they've turned over nothing.

And yet, they continue with the dubious headlines in the papers having the public believe that there's more to come lol.

Now they've switched it up and want a new "investigation" into obstruction of justice...knowing that it won't go anywhere given the fact that every major agency official has denied they've had any interference or pressure from the WH. This is all based on Comeys memo (which he didn't report immediately to the DOJ) where Donald said "'I hope you can let this go...he's a really good guy"

I mean really? :eyeroll:

Their plan is to keep the "investigation" open, and continue to recreate suspicion until the mid terms, hoping to bring voters out based on this...and if possible 2020. They (the Dems) definitely do not want the investigation to end anytime soon.

The last thing that they want is for Mueller to take the podium and to say before then is:

"THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF ANY COLLUSION WITH THE RUSSIANS AND DONALD TRUMP....AND THERE ARE NO CHARGES BEING FILED FOR OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE BY DONALD J TRUMP...CASE CLOSED...GOODBYE"

Last edited by itshim; 06-17-2017 at 11:21 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 11:14 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Did not happen. Produce the quote for Trump containing those words.
Watch the Lester Holt interview and stop pretending facts don't exist. He told Lester Holt on national TV he did it to stop the investigation and he told the Russians he did it to end the pressure of the investigation.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:17 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,434,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Watch the Lester Holt interview and stop pretending facts don't exist. He told Lester Holt on national TV he did it to stop the investigation and he told the Russians he did it to end the pressure of the investigation.
You need to watch the interview again and if necessary find a transcript or write down word for word what he said.

Trump never said the words that he fired Comey to stop the investigation. Did not happen.

He said he was thinking about the investigation when he decided to fire him.

You are simply parroting how the main stream media told you to interpret it.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:19 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Trump is a pathological liar so Comey's testimony is far more reliable than his.

And yet he publicly admitted on national television that's why he fired Comey, so you're clearly ignoring the facts that Trump himself has presented.

Sessions corroborated Comey's testimony, and Sessions is already guilty of perjury, so again Comey is more reliable.

You're blatantly ignoring facts just to defend Trump. It truly makes no sense.
Plus Comey told people about the content and his concerns at the time of his meetings with Trump occurred. Sessions could not even be sure where some of the DOJ guidelines he was quoting were actually written down somewhere. Nothing in Sessions testimony contradicts Comey's testimony where it counts. Sessions had a lot of "I can't recalls" which is not compelling enough to counter what Comey said.

Old 06-17-2017, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Plus Comey told people about the content and his concerns at the time of his meetings with Trump occurred. Sessions could not even be sure where some of the DOJ guidelines he was quoting were actually written down somewhere. Nothing in Sessions testimony contradicts Comey's testimony where it counts. Sessions had a lot of "I can't recalls" which is not compelling enough to counter what Comey said.
So what do you make of Comey's perjury when he said he wasn't informed about Sessions recusal yet DOJ produced the email.

What about his perjury that Sessions did nothing when he complained about being left alone with the pres and yet Sessions told him to follow existing policy and name a witness to that convo.

What about the way Comey hung innuendo out there that there was some other nefarious reason he couldn't talk to Sessions and turns out all that was was Sessions showing up at a cocktail reception the Russian ambassador was at.

Why are Comey's misstatements credible and not perjury?

Old 06-17-2017, 11:35 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
What is the point of all the BS crap the left is doing?

How many millions of $$ are being wasted on the smoke?

Seriously, when will it end?
Democrats are doing nothing. The FBI is the one with the investigation.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:02 PM

27,544 posts, read 28,630,498 times
Quote:
Nothing in Sessions testimony contradicts Comey's testimony where it counts.
Sessions stated UNDER OATH that allegations of collusion between Trump and Russia are "an appalling and detestable lie." (his exact words)

What's going to become of this investigation after this statement?

Old 06-17-2017, 12:03 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,820,274 times
Quote:
Trump has NEVER EVER said that. He said he was thinking about the investigation when he fired him.

The liberal mainstream media told you all to assume he meant he was firing Comey to shut down the investigation and like good little sheeple ya'll just keep bleating that soundbite.

Trump fired Comey because he wouldn't clear him publicly like he had done privately.

Otherwise, ask yourself why Trump didn't simultaneously order the investigation shut down.
Quote:
Nope he did not admit that on tv. That's just what the media told you to hear.

Sessions is not guilty of perjury......again what the media told you to think.

Comey's testimony is not reliable when it is disputed by a paper trail and two other witnesses.......sorry but that just doesn't fly. Not to mention his agenda is now highly suspect.
Most of us are adults and can infer what someone meant when they say it.

HOLT: Monday you met with the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
TRUMP: Right.
HOLT: Did you ask for a recommendation?
TRUMP: What I did is I was going to fire Comey. My decision. It was not...
HOLT: You had made the decision before they came into your office (ph).
TRUMP: I -- I was going to fire Comey. I -- there's no good time to do it, by the way. They...
HOLT: Because in your letter, you said...
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: They -- they were...
HOLT: ...I -- I accepted -- accepted their recommendations.
TRUMP: Yeah, well, they also...
HOLT: So, you had already made the decision.
TRUMP: Oh, I was going to fire regardless of recommendation.
HOLT: So, there was...
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: They -- he made a recommendation. He's highly respected. Very good guy, very smart guy. And the Democrats like him. The Republicans like him.

He had made a recommendation. But regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it

And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself -- I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won.

I see a lot of "I"s and a lot of use of the word "recommendation" and this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story[/b]. No where does he say Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told him to fire Comey.

You can pretend to read or twist this any way your want, but that is not reality and not what Trump said.

You can watch the video again here and try to thing up a new angle. For the rest of us, no one is telling us how to defend Trump against his own words.

Old 06-17-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Most of us are adults and can infer what someone meant when they say it.

HOLT: Monday you met with the Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein.
TRUMP: Right.
HOLT: Did you ask for a recommendation?
TRUMP: What I did is I was going to fire Comey. My decision. It was not...
HOLT: You had made the decision before they came into your office (ph).
TRUMP: I -- I was going to fire Comey. I -- there's no good time to do it, by the way. They...
HOLT: Because in your letter, you said...
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: They -- they were...
HOLT: ...I -- I accepted -- accepted their recommendations.
TRUMP: Yeah, well, they also...
HOLT: So, you had already made the decision.
TRUMP: Oh, I was going to fire regardless of recommendation.
HOLT: So, there was...
(CROSSTALK)
TRUMP: They -- he made a recommendation. He's highly respected. Very good guy, very smart guy. And the Democrats like him. The Republicans like him.

He had made a recommendation. But regardless of recommendation, I was going to fire Comey knowing there was no good time to do it

And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself -- I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story. It's an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should've won.

I see a lot of "I"s and a lot of use of the word "recommendation" and this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made-up story[/b]. No where does he say Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein told him to fire Comey.

You can pretend to read or twist this any way your want, but that is not reality and not what Trump said.

You can watch the video again here and try to thing up a new angle. For the rest of us, no one is telling us how to defend Trump against his own words.
Sorry you went to all that trouble. I never said Trump said the Deputy AG recommended he fire him, although that was clearly the intent of the letter he prepared and people can be fired for more than one reason. But, you still have not produced any words that say "I fired him to stop the Russian investigation."

I'm telling you all Trump cared about was having himself cleared publicly with regard to the investigation. That's why he put that sentence in the letter that everyone thought was so strange about Comey telling him privately he wasn't personally under investigation.

What is it about this that you don't get?

And, again, if he wanted the investigation stopped why did he not instruct anyone to stop it?

Old 06-17-2017, 12:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Trump is a pathological liar so Comey's testimony is far more reliable than his.

And yet he publicly admitted on national television that's why he fired Comey, so you're clearly ignoring the facts that Trump himself has presented.

Sessions corroborated Comey's testimony, and Sessions is already guilty of perjury, so again Comey is more reliable.

You're blatantly ignoring facts just to defend Trump. It truly makes no sense.
Quote:
Nope he did not admit that on tv. That's just what the media told you to hear.

Sessions is not guilty of perjury......again what the media told you to think.
Comey's testimony is not reliable when it is disputed by a paper trail and two other witnesses.......sorry but that just doesn't fly. Not to mention his agenda is now highly suspect.
So is this one of those "don't take Trump at his word" things? The thing is OJ never said into the tv camera - "I killed Nicole Simpson and Ron Brown." Do you think that means he did not do it? There is plenty of evidence that this is why Trump fired Comey and some of it came from the horse's own mouth. And we do not yet know what Trump told others who are being subpoenaed.

Trump's revelation that he would have fired Comey even without Rosenstein's input was not what his top officials had told reporters earlier this week....He said Comey's firing might "lengthen out the investigation."

... deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the Comey firing may hasten the agency's investigation into Russian meddling...."We want this to come to its conclusion, we want it to come to its conclusion with integrity," she said, referring to the FBI's probe into Moscow's interference in last year's election. "And we think that we've actually, by removing Director Comey, taken steps to make that happen."

“I just fired the head of the F.B.I. He was crazy, a real nut job,” Mr. Trump said, according to the document, which was read to The New York Times by an American official. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” (report not denied by WH).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies