Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 01:19 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,743,685 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
And again, none of you have answered why if his goal was to stop the investigation he didn't order Comey's replacement to do so?

In the first place, Trump has no power to call off an on-going FBI investigation. It would be an impeachable offense.

"The revelation deepened a political crisis for Trump’s White House by introducing the possibility that the president may have obstructed justice, an impeachable offense."

https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/a...n-s-russia-tie

The FBI director serves at-will, and firing Comey is well within Trump's power. Trump probably hoped to replace Comey with someone he thought was a bit more amenable to his concerns, perhaps by reducing the staff assigned to the Flynn investigation. But that backfired bigly, and he was, if you recall, reportedly surprised by the blowback. The fact is that if he had fired Comey in the first week or two of his administration, few people would have cared. Trump could simply have said that he would rather work with someone else.

Trump fires FBI Director Comey | Fox News

In the second place, Trump has no power at all to tell Congress to call off their investigations, and the FBI would naturally be a significant player in those proceedings, whether Trump likes it or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 01:24 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
What if there is all kinds of stuff found (I don't think so but I don't know)....just what if.

If nothing turns up, our mature and well spoken President can issue a terse, simple press release saying that he is pleased that we can move on and he is looking forward to governing and uniting this great country.

That's what an adult would do.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:32 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Hmmm. Does that remind you of anything?

It's just on the tip of my tongue. Ben. Bengha. Benghaz. BENGHAZI!!!!!!!!!!
Also reminds me of the birther nonsense that tRump had his special investigators supposedly looked into. just more bs from the liar in chief

Old 06-17-2017, 01:35 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,845,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
The right spend millions investigating Hillary and Benghazi over and over again....at least eight investigations that I can think of....each costing millions. Yet in the end... found nothing.
(Ditto with the emails)

Republicans $ 7 Million Benghazi Report is another Dud-June 2016
Vanity Fair

Clinton-Seven Benghazi Probes -Politifact

Welcome to Politics!

And also, blame the left all you want, the left has no power at all right now. Zero.
You control the House, You control the Senate, you control the Presidency.
Anything that happens, is on the right, not the left.
Rosenstein is a Republican and so is Mueller - so the people that are investigating him are
republican. But they seem to me to be straight arrows and fair....so all we can do is let the investigation go forth and let the chips fall where they may.....innocent or guilty...but we need to get to the truth of
this matter.

But no Patriotic American that really cares about this country at all, is gonna put party before their
Country and ignore the Russian Connections, possible Collusion within the Trump Campaign and
Russia and Obstruction of Justice. No matter the Price, this has to be done. Instead of fighting it every
step of the way Trump and his people could make this go quicker and easier if they would cooperate
with the investigations...If I were innocent and in his shoes I would be eager for the investigation to continue so I would be able to clear my name and get on with Governing the Country.
100% SPOT ON, but the TRUMP ZOMBIES are denser than bricks!

Old 06-17-2017, 02:35 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Trump has never once offered up the explanation I gave you over what I think he meant.

Probably because he thinks it should be clear to anyone what he meant.

Stop being ridiculous.

Take your own advice , dear. I didnt say Trump offered up the exact explanation you gave, I said you will believe whatever crap he tells you and find ways to justify it. He says he fired Comey over the Russia thing, but later denies obstructing the investigation even though he is on record saying he fired Comey over it, so your cultist brain begins to create scenarios in which Trump can both admit he fired Comey over the Russia investigation but also not mean he was trying to obstruct it. Ridiculous? The theory you have come up with to protect your cult leader is the very definition of ridiculous.

Take a look in the mirror at all the ridiculous crap you believe before referring to others with that term .

Old 06-17-2017, 03:01 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,786,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
So much for "screw the partisan nonsense", eh?
No... so much for the bipartisan enlightenment!

I'm sick of the divide!!! You have your side and they have theirs. IT SUCKS!

We are all Americans

WTF is wrong with us?

Old 06-17-2017, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

We are all Americans

WTF is wrong with us?

Um, you might ask the steven-h who posted this -

"What is the point of all the BS crap the left is doing?

How many millions of $$ are being wasted on the smoke?

Seriously, when will it end?"

He doesn't sound very bi-partisan to me.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:11 PM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post

We are all Americans

WTF is wrong with us?

As an indie, I dont have a side. I have learned that the right and left operate in negative terms. No matter how much I agree with a conserve or a lib, the second I disagree with them on one issue I am a lib tard/Rethuglican , depending on wnich side I currently disagreed with.

But it is funny to see the guy calling for bipartisanship and an end to the partisanship calling the left idiots, dummies, they suck, etc. Not exactly the way you sell the concept.

"Hey, you stupid lib tards! Quit insulting conservatives and try getting along, idiot morons! "

Old 06-17-2017, 03:17 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times
Better question.

Do we make from this election cycle onward for any seat of government, from mayor to Congressman to President pass a background check? Open to public audit on everything from personal and private, health status, to public policy?

Do we automatically disqualify someone who otherwise would be fit to serve based on subjective opinion from either side or from when they held a lower office and did something questionable? Or caught in something damaging?

Do we allow the media to publish harmful bias to either side? Incomplete truths or outright lies to be edited later on?

I'm down for that.

Old 06-17-2017, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
As an indie, I dont have a side. I have learned that the right and left operate in negative terms. No matter how much I agree with a conserve or a lib, the second I disagree with them on one issue I am a lib tard/Rethuglican , depending on wnich side I currently disagreed with.

But it is funny to see the guy calling for bipartisanship and an end to the partisanship calling the left idiots, dummies, they suck, etc. Not exactly the way you sell the concept.

"Hey, you stupid lib tards! Quit insulting conservatives and try getting along, idiot morons! "
Yup.

OP needs to re-read How to Win Friends and Influence People.

It's not rocket science.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies