Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 08:17 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,325,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
I'm refuting your nonsense by my existence.

Poor dark-skinned ghetto kid gets a master's, joins the middle class, and shares ownership in a business.

Whitey failed.

Or is he still working on my demise?

and sadly, if that black person got shot by a cop..."well black murder rates...black culture is their own worst enemy...if other unrelated blacks could work on their image"

i love it when yall make my point for me.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 PM

4,134 posts, read 2,833,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
Feel free to claim you have never spoken in terms of black people, white people, etc. Im sure we will all believe your claim you have not
So you can't back up your claim? Don't worry, I knew you couldn't, you can go on assuming though

Old 06-17-2017, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
So a poor black has a more valid historical reason to shoot someone than a poor white? He should be relieved of his/her responsibility to adhere to existing laws because of Jim Crow or slavery? I did not bring race into our conversation. You have. Poverty is not an excuse to commit murder. Period. No matter your color.
look up the word "exacerbate". I used it in a previous post. That one word cover your crap. Poverty and crime go hand in hand. Again, if you're going to ignore context then we are not even in agreement on commonground to debate. . And i notice you and others skip over the part where i said blacks (and currently muslims) are the only groups associated with our criminal element. Every group has bad people, but the association is only made for blacks? And I suspect you'll keep skipping it.

BTW...the thread is literally about "Cops vs Blacks"...so race is half the discussion.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:29 PM

72,948 posts, read 62,513,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
and sadly, if that black person got shot by a cop..."well black murder rates...black culture is their own worst enemy...if other unrelated blacks could work on their image"

i love it when yall make my point for me.
If you commit a crime, you should expect to go to prison. If you cannot obey the law, you will pay for it. I don't offer excuses for criminals and why they would do what they do. However, No one has offered an adequate reason why you or me should not have a problem with Black males being handled much rougher by the police compared to other groups, with all things being equal.

The truth is, if someone is that scared of me as a Black man, and I'm not doing anything wrong, there is nothing more I can do. Let's see if said persons can answer this. Are Black people who do obey the law suppose to just accept being handled rougher because of Black criminals?

My theory is that some people just don't want Blacks around. This is why some individuals are okay with Black males being handled with more force, even if no violence has been offered. People will blame black murder rates and group issues. However, no one seems interested in addressing the individual. What did the individual do? Or does the individual not count?

Old 06-17-2017, 08:34 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,804,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8won6 View Post
look up the word "exacerbate". I used it in a previous post. That one word cover your crap. Poverty and crime go hand in hand. Again, if you're going to ignore context then we are not even in agreement on commonground to debate. . And i notice you and others skip over the part where i said blacks (and currently muslims) are the only groups associated with our criminal element. Every group has bad people, but the association is only made for blacks? And I suspect you'll keep skipping it.

BTW...the thread is literally about "Cops vs Blacks"...so race is half the discussion.
Oh there are plenty of criminal elements in the US. Asians, Hispanics, Russians, South Americans, and the list goes on and on. I would never suggest that blacks (or muslims) are the only criminal element. But statistics are important and they don't lie when it comes to the disproportion of crimes committed. You seem to be upset that people point out that disproportion and blame it on too many cops or poverty. If everyone was more understanding the stats would change right? More money to the problem and it will go away right? Take the cops out of the neighborhood and it will have a miraculous effect right? What will help those people living in fear that do not shoot or rob others in those neighborhoods?

Old 06-17-2017, 08:43 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,804,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If you commit a crime, you should expect to go to prison. If you cannot obey the law, you will pay for it. I don't offer excuses for criminals and why they would do what they do. However, No one has offered an adequate reason why you or me should not have a problem with Black males being handled much rougher by the police compared to other groups, with all things being equal.

The truth is, if someone is that scared of me as a Black man, and I'm not doing anything wrong, there is nothing more I can do. Let's see if said persons can answer this. Are Black people who do obey the law suppose to just accept being handled rougher because of Black criminals?

My theory is that some people just don't want Blacks around. This is why some individuals are okay with Black males being handled with more force, even if no violence has been offered. People will blame black murder rates and group issues. However, no one seems interested in addressing the individual. What did the individual do? Or does the individual not count?
I do have a problem with people being handled differently because of their color. To me all people who obey the law, are not an a-hole to me, act like a decent human being are the same and should be treated the same. Anyone who meets me is deserving of respect until they prove to me they are not by their own actions. Sadly some people are just a-holes or criminals, and they come in all colors. My problem is when some people try to excuse criminal acts because of poverty, race, religion, etc.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Oh there are plenty of criminal elements in the US. Asians, Hispanics, Russians, South Americans, and the list goes on and on. I would never suggest that blacks (or muslims) are the only criminal element. But statistics are important and they don't lie when it comes to the disproportion of crimes committed. You seem to be upset that people point out that disproportion and blame it on too many cops or poverty. If everyone was more understanding the stats would change right? More money to the problem and it will go away right? Take the cops out of the neighborhood and it will have a miraculous effect right? What will help those people living in fear that do not shoot or rob others in those neighborhoods?
Statistics still do not justify treating a Black person different from anyone else being detained or put in police custody. No one is upset about the statistics. I am upset that anyone feels that said statistics justify being rougher towards Black males compared other groups on the occasion that a police stop or arrest is necessary. No one has come up with a good reason why Philando Castile the individual deserved to get shot. Statistics are pulled up, but no one has a good reason as to why Philando Castile deserved to be killed based on his actions. No one.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:45 PM

Quote:
I do have a problem with people being handled differently because of their color. To me all people who obey the law, are not an a-hole to me, act like a decent human being are the same and should be treated the same. Anyone who meets me is deserving of respect until they prove to me they are not by their own actions. Sadly some people are just a-holes or criminals, and they come in all colors. My problem is when some people try to excuse criminal acts because of poverty, race, religion, etc.
And I'm not excusing criminal behavior. I haven't. I get upset when someone feels like "well, if the black population didn't have so many criminals, you wouldn't get shot". I am seeing that going around.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Crime and poverty statistically go hand in hand. And yes, more money will help. Now, should we bring up reparations or is that off the table because you don't want to use context? Are we going to acknowledge Jim Crow, Housing Discrimation, etc...? And how that stuff contributes to poverty? How many blacks do you think would not be in prison with more money for better lawyers? How many blacks wouldn't have to turn to crime if the money we were owed from slavery was there for investments or start businesses? Many of this stuff is interconnected. Are you willing to acknowledge how several different factors contribute to the current state of blacks in america...or are you going to just start at 1970?

edit: and if you don't believe money doesn't help having proper legal representation...look at Bill Cosby.

Old 06-17-2017, 08:51 PM

Quote:
now, why does this NEVER apply to cops? Police criminal behavior against blacks is excused by "well black culture is its own worst enemy....black murder rates...if other blacks could fix their image". Amazing that all these points yall try to make circle back around to that same point i'm making.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies