Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2017, 10:09 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times

Advertisements

Full-face veils are banned; Men and women, straight or gay, can pray together; Sunnis and Shiites, who in other parts of the world are engaged in bloody conflicts, are encouraged to sit side-by-side.

Welcome to Germany’s first “liberal” mosque.

Burqas Banned and LGBT Muslims Welcome at Germany

It's dump or get off the pot; "Muslims". Either your kind join the 1st world like this group did ^^^ OR go back and STAY in your rat holes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2017, 10:30 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,838,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Full-face veils are banned; Men and women, straight or gay, can pray together; Sunnis and Shiites, who in other parts of the world are engaged in bloody conflicts, are encouraged to sit side-by-side.

Welcome to Germany’s first “liberal” mosque.

Burqas Banned and LGBT Muslims Welcome at Germany

It's dump or get off the pot; "Muslims". Either your kind join the 1st world like this group did ^^^ OR go back and STAY in your rat holes.
Good to see "liberal" Islam getting some attention. Most Muslims I know go about their lives like everyone else. Most even drink alcohol. They are the equivalent to moderate Christians who may attend church every one and a while but aren't extreme about it.

Fundamentalist Islam is about 1000 years behind the rest of the world however. Just as Christians don't want their faith being painted with the broad brush of the Westboro church, not all Islam should be painted with the broad brush of radical Islamic terrorism.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:34 AM

8,840 posts, read 4,817,880 times
Sounds no different from Jews - you have Hasidim, Orthodox, Reform, Conservative - all very different from each other. And then within each sect things are different from community to community.

I grew up Catholic, and we had altar "servers", not just boys, so the girls could serve also. I remember a new pope started and said that only boys could serve, but my particular congregation didn't think that was fair and ignored the ruling.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:36 AM

148 posts, read 103,398 times
The entire time, over and over, it is said that the problem is radical islam.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:44 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,665,805 times
Uh huh. Soon enough top news will be of this place blown to bits by a suicide or truck bomber, or a stabbing or shooting spree, with ISIS claiming credit. Not that I personally see anything wrong here. Finally we see a defiance of fundamentalist Islamists. But I don't see the jihadis letting this go. This is prime time and target rich for them.

I'll give these folks an A+ for effort and guts though.

Old 06-17-2017, 10:51 AM

653 posts, read 819,242 times
Yeah, this is sure to end well

Old 06-17-2017, 12:46 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,935,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Uh huh. Soon enough top news will be of this place blown to bits by a suicide or truck bomber, or a stabbing or shooting spree, with ISIS claiming credit. Not that I personally see anything wrong here. Finally we see a defiance of fundamentalist Islamists. But I don't see the jihadis letting this go. This is prime time and target rich for them.

Agreed.

Tho the blowback against Muslims who wear burkas WILL get MUCH worse and, the "men" with those women will probably wind up being cuffed and stuffed by the local cops. Be careful: Islamist terrorists; your kind have many "weak spots" that would NOT bother Christians, Buddhists, most Jews, secular Muslims and so on, that we could use against your kind if society stopped being so PC.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:23 PM

2,365 posts, read 2,845,242 times
In third world countries like India & Pakistan, the mosques used to be peaceful until the early 90s when wahhabis/salafis started taking over. They were the brainwashed workers returning from gulf countries & spreading the extremism they learnt in the ME. Moderate muslims were regularly harassed to embrace this new brand. They would form groups (jamaath) & knock on your doors to ask for young teenagers to join their groups. Moderate muslims thought its good to expose their kids to religion but they never expected that the kids would be deeply radicalized. The guilt conscious of not being religious enough was used to manipulate the moderates.

Old 06-17-2017, 01:30 PM

24,592 posts, read 17,342,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
Good to see "liberal" Islam getting some attention. Most Muslims I know go about their lives like everyone else. Most even drink alcohol. They are the equivalent to moderate Christians who may attend church every one and a while but aren't extreme about it.

Fundamentalist Islam is about 1000 years behind the rest of the world however. Just as Christians don't want their faith being painted with the broad brush of the Westboro church, not all Islam should be painted with the broad brush of radical Islamic terrorism.

Such a good post that cuts through the rhetoric and tells it like it actually is here in America BUT talk about playing with fire and in Germany no less where we have seen radical extremists fresh from their "migration" raise their ugly heads.

I hate to say this but I wonder how long it will be before this liberal mosque is attacked?

Old 06-17-2017, 01:52 PM

21,495 posts, read 10,617,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post

My thought as well. I hope these people have good security. This is how reform begins, but it won't be easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies