Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 04:59 AM

937 posts, read 699,747 times

Advertisements

I would LOVE it !!!

For once they would just begin to pay their fair share instead of receiving all the tax breaks they have lavished in since 1981 ! besides they are all grossly overpaid and under-worked anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 05:08 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,458,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Tents? Tiny houses? Making more money? Starting a commune? Be creative!

Tents are illegal in most places, we have an "anti-camping ordinance". Tiny houses also are prohibited in most places by zoning codes. Making more money is limited by skills and living conditions which restrict self-employment. I already effectively live in a commune (10 people) without the financial benefits.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:10 AM

7,814 posts, read 6,392,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
I would LOVE it !!!

For once they would just begin to pay their fair share instead of receiving all the tax breaks they have lavished in since 1981 ! besides they are all grossly overpaid and under-worked anyway.
They would go somewhere else and you can have 100 percent of nothing.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
Armed with that knowledge, how did you respond?

When I was very young and one of seven children, whose parents struggled to make ends meet, I decided that to get ahead in the world I was going to have to take care of myself. No regrets! Wallowing in self pity, or spouting a series of excuses, never seemed a workable solution.

Shrug. When I was ten, I started shoveling snow around town to make money. At twelve I had the first of three paper routes. At fourteen I started mowing lawns to make money. The next year I added a weekend/summer job. I was told that if I went to college I could make a lot more money. So I mostly worked my way through college with a couple supplemental loans. Then I graduated in a recession, couldn't afford to go to law school, and found my degree worthless in a depressed Rust Belt economy.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They would go somewhere else and you can have 100 percent of nothing.

There's the rub. When the kid down the street does the same thing, we say he's a spoiled brat who took his ball and went home when he didn't get his way.

Old 06-22-2017, 05:36 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
There's the rub. When the kid down the street does the same thing, we say he's a spoiled brat who took his ball and went home when he didn't get his way.
The kid down the street doesn't return to Galt’s Gulch.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:41 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times
Quote:
While you were saving and investing your money, I was funding my landlord's retirement.

Wait...are you my landlord?
And I was funding the bank's bottom line. But I still managed to save and invest.

When will you understand that you have an income problem, not an outgo problem?

Old 06-22-2017, 06:43 AM

Quote:
I'm not entitled to what other people have, but am I not entitled to keep what little I do have? I can't afford to retire because I've been funding my landlord's retirement.
You've been paying for a place to live. Just like millions of renters and homeowners. And you pay far less than they do per month for that space. Yet you insist on spending some of the "little" you have on a storage unit full of junk. But yea, it's your landlord's fault.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
I am sure many are sick and tired of all these million/billionaires hogging all the money spending it on frivolous things rather than helping poor people. Hypothetically let's say every person that has millions/billions were forced to distribute all their money to the poor and social programs, how would you feel?
I'd be pretty angry. Because those programs, run by the government, have proven time and again to be inefficient, and full of waste, fraud and abuse. So you're going to steal the property of a citizen, who has worked hard for that money, to line the pockets of a civil servant who will use it on gym memberships, luxury retreats and unearned bonuses? No thank you.

Old 06-22-2017, 06:52 AM

3,212 posts, read 1,652,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
"Hollow shells" don't donate tens of millions of dollars to political campaigns as a SINGLE ENTITY.

Name one corporation that donated tens of millions of dollars.
Who cares how it breaks down. The corporate elite gang up on the few remaining unions, ensuring uneducated dolts that watch TV get the propaganda that the rich are not rich enough, even today.

The union donations are just the tip of the iceberg.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies