Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 11:01 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times

Advertisements

CNN has done a nice compilation of all of Jay Sekulow's appearances, trying to peddle this angle this weekend.

Lawyer says Trump isn't under investigation - CNN Video

Sekulow basically loses his rag at some point in every interview, even on Fox LOL. It's quite funny. Another Trump contemporary bites the dust and loses their credibility.

My favourite interview is this one though:
Chris Cuomo goes at Sekulow for a full 13 and a half minutes:

Cuomo, Trump lawyer clash over Russia probe - CNN Video

OP thanks for the thread BTW, it's been very entertaining.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 11:06 AM

11,186 posts, read 6,507,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
Should have been clear to ya'll from the beginning he was mocking the WAPO article.

This is the kind of disappointment ya'll experience everytime you let the mainstream media lead you by the nose and tell you what to think.
I'm not the punctuation police, but this is how Trump should have written the tweet:

'I am being investigated for firing the FBI Director by the man who told me to fire the FBI Director ???? Witch Hunt '

His sentence did make it sound like he admits there is an investigation rather than he's mocking of the WaPo.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:07 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Chris Wallace literally eviscerated Trumps attorney. The lawyer said TWICE Trump was under investigation, and when Chris pushed him on it the liar backpeddled so hard you thought he was going over a waterfall.

For those that haven't seen this interview- it is worth watching. An epic, epic Chris Wallace smackdown.
Yeah I saw it.........what an epic, epic bunch of hyperbolic BS your post is lol.

There was no smackdown............there was badgering for sure on Wallace's part.

But, the attorney was crystal clear he was not saying the pres was under investigation much less TWICE and that he was discussing a hypothetical.

Too funny how much effort you guys put into making stuff up.

Last edited by Blondy; 06-19-2017 at 11:16 AM..

Old 06-19-2017, 11:11 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Trump's Tweets are the problem -- not the fake news media as Trump supporters claim.

That lawyer botched up his appearances royally. Someone pointed out that most lawyers are word smiths and are usually very clever and able to clearly get their message across. This guy trips over his words, says thing he shouldn't.....and then when is asked for clarification or confirmation he gets even more pouty and whiney and what a mess.

He didn't do Trump any favors.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:11 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,796,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Posts like this show how truly determined some Trump supporters are.

I am fascinated by their unwavering loyalty. It really does seem like Trump can do absolutely no wrong in their eyes. Regardless of what happens, they flat our refuse to even consider the fact that Trump might actually be guilty of something.

It's kinda scary but at the same time I am really interested by it. Like, I'd love to sit down with some of these hardcore Trump supporters and just have a conversation with them to try to make sense of it.

I've been trying without much success to get into the cult mentality. All I get is deflection, Obama this, Hillary that, or I get some out of touch senior convinced that Sharia Law will be taught in our schools and that Trump was the only one that's going to stop it. One person was so outraged with Obama an O care because her daughter's insurance company denied her fertility treatment. I asked her to explain why she thought Obama would have control over every insurance company in a free market. The best she could do is wallow in her hate and call him the N word. Yep, it was all his fault. Yikes. I was hopeful with one senior who supports Trump until he was totally clueless about exactly what is at stake for our country involving Russian intervention in our electoral process. He said it didn't matter to him if Trump or his team colluded to win the election. Holy crap. You're kidding me right? Nope, he wasn't.

Yes, while we debate and banter back and forth over yet again another dumb comment, the look over there president is probably up to something he doesn't want us to know about. Is anyone following the Republican, closed door meetings about repealing and replacing Obama care? You know the plan that Trump himself called "mean"? Why are the Republicans being so secret about the process and not involving the Democrats? Why are they acting like dictators? This is not how our democracy is supposed to work.

Yep Trump loves to be verbally incontinent. To lash out and create drama. One has to look deeper into his motivation. Is he really that stupid, or is he keeping the rubes distracted while he does something sketchy?

Old 06-19-2017, 11:14 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Yeah I saw it.........what an epic, epic bunch of hyperbolic BS your post is lol.

There was no smackdown............there was badgering for sure on Wallace's fault.

But, the attorney was crystal clear he was not saying the pres was under investigation much less TWICE and that he was discussing a hypothetical.

Funny how different we see things.

I saw a guy make a mess of his appearance. Wallace should never gotten the better of this guy and he did.

You don't like it because you support Trump-- I think it is hilarious. It does nothing to change the story for me. Trump is not being investigated or is but who cares.

I'm more concerned with this new health care act....tax reform....budget.....is there going to be an executive order for pharmaceutical drug companies.....

But Trump supporters will say all I care about is the Russian investigation because I don't like Trump.

Nope -- I just don't like Trump -- lol.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:25 AM

10,531 posts, read 6,165,986 times
Quote:

There was no smackdown............there was badgering for sure on Wallace's part.

Your posts are very much in keeping with Trump and his fake crowd size at the inauguration. Trump tried to peddle his crowd size when everybody else could see something entirely different with their own eyes.
Blondy you put up a good fight but you lost this one. 4 news stations including Fox called Trumps lawyer out for trying to peddle a false narrative AND got him to admit it:
Trumps lawyer admitted live on TV that he couldn't know whether Trump is under investigation or not.
So you can waste many more hours on CD trying to convince people otherwise but you are wasting your time particularly as you seem to be the only Trump supporter left on this thread. Good luck.

Last edited by Cruithne; 06-19-2017 at 11:37 AM..

Old 06-19-2017, 11:44 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Funny how different we see things.

I saw a guy make a mess of his appearance. Wallace should never gotten the better of this guy and he did.

You don't like it because you support Trump-- I think it is hilarious. It does nothing to change the story for me. Trump is not being investigated or is but who cares.

I'm more concerned with this new health care act....tax reform....budget.....is there going to be an executive order for pharmaceutical drug companies.....

But Trump supporters will say all I care about is the Russian investigation because I don't like Trump.

Nope -- I just don't like Trump -- lol.
Yes funny how the liberal standard for journalism is reporters badgering their guests and twisting their words lol.

In any case the presidents lawyer was crystal clear that they don't have any reason to believe the president is under investigation, that the tweet was in response to the WAPO anonymous source article.

And, even more interesting is that in the event he were under investigation the man who told him to do what he would be investigated for is in charge of that investigation lol.....aka witch hunt.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:54 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post

Trump is Still not under investigation.

Ha ha ha. Slip of the tongue there, mate.

Yes, he is still not under investigation. Just like Keith Richards is still alive. But judgement day is coming.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:00 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,460,466 times
Quote:
Yes funny how the liberal standard for journalism is reporters badgering their guests and twisting their words lol.

In any case the presidents lawyer was crystal clear that they don't have any reason to believe the president is under investigation, that the tweet was in response to the WAPO anonymous source article.

And, even more interesting is that in the event he were under investigation the man who told him to do what he would be investigated for is in charge of that investigation lol.....aka witch hunt.
It's a lose lose situation for Trump:

If he is under investigation (in real life) he probably doesn't like it (to say the least)...
If he is not under investigation and only tweeted so, he proved once again (if anyone still needs proof) that he is a terrible a$$hole.
These poor people around him must have a nightmare trying to defend him from himself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies