Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-19-2017, 12:29 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,293,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I get several notices a month.

How about you?

Gee, wasn't it you that posted the ridiculous thread that said that Trump had been notified by the Supreme Court before he went on his Middle East trip that he was being investigated and there were articles of impeachment being drawn up in Congress, so he could not exercise his Constitutional Power on his trip ...something to that effect? That was you, wasn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2017, 12:31 PM

10,520 posts, read 6,156,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Oh, is saying "stupid Liberals" now classed as "name calling?"

How about Hillary's comment "Trump's basket of deplorables." I guess you forgot that. Of course the infamous Obama and "bitter clingers" comment. Forgot that too, huh?

Am I sitting here defending Hillary or Obama? No, I guess you forgot that.

I'm criticizing YOU.

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/artic...-people-stupid

Old 06-19-2017, 12:32 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Well I always feel that a discussion is best had without all the name calling, but your President leads the way on that so I guess I should expect nothing less.

Anyway you seem to have sidetracked the discussion.

Your supposition that the President would be informed if he was being investigated is pure speculation on your part. Why don't you wait and see how things play out before you assume such things?
The FBI and federal prosecutors, do not routinely notify people that are the subject of investigation, that they are under investigation, so your assumption that people who believe otherwise are 'stupid' reflects badly on yourself.
Why don't we come back to this thread when we know what the facts are?
This is a discussion forum.....if you don't want to discuss, no one is forcing you to and you can leave and come back any time you choose.

I already said its not usually std procedure to notify a target, so not sure why you are restating the obvious. But, they also aren't usually investigating a President.

Besides, which we already have the FBI track record on leaking......and even if Mueller could or wanted to control the outside lawyers hired, he wont be able to control the FBI leakers they will have to depend on to help them.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Everybody but himself, you mean?

If by anything, you mean the President...well, maybe we should stop listening to him. You might be on to something there.
Wow, another Liberal who doesn't know how to read and interpret what he's reading. Amazing. What school did you go to?

Old 06-19-2017, 12:33 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,396,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
At which lawyer did you reach the definitive conclusion that Trump himself was under investigation.......number 6, 9, 13? Just curious.
So, in your mind, what are the 13 lawyers investigating?

Old 06-19-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
Did you read your own link?

Sekulow had to admit that he didn't know whether Trump is under investigation or not.
He never said that! Geeeze ...Liberals!

Old 06-19-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
This is a discussion forum.....if you don't want to discuss, no one is forcing you to and you can leave and come back any time you choose.

I already said its not usually std procedure to notify a target, so not sure why you are restating the obvious. But, they also aren't usually investigating a President.

Besides, which we already have the FBI track record on leaking......and even if Mueller could or wanted to control the outside lawyers hired, he wont be able to control the FBI leakers they will have to depend on to help them.
Obviously because YOU are making the assumption that people who think the president would not be informed are stupid.
Do try to keep up.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
He never said that! Geeeze ...Liberals!
What? Never said what?

Old 06-19-2017, 12:38 PM

Okay guys I don't know about you but I actually have things to do today.

I'll come back to this thread once we actually know some facts. See ya later.

Old 06-19-2017, 12:50 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,433,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
So, in your mind, what are the 13 lawyers investigating?
I would be surprised if they are investigating anything. They will likely be using FBI agents to do the investigative work......they are after all taking over the entire Russian FBI investigation. If they need more, they'll get agents from other agencies that are experienced in following money.

The lawyers will be taking over the supervisory/admin/management function that the FBI managers were providing and making the recommendations on who if anyone should be prosecuted. Not to mention they are also replacing however many FBI lawyers were involved full or part time with the investigation.

Of course he had to hire more people, you cant strip the FBI of managers and their counsel when they have other investigations to run. The managers probably weren't full time on Russia. The agents on the other hand were probably dedicated to Russia.

Not saying they cant expand to the President himself if they choose to do so, but I don't think the hiring of lawyers is any indication that is whats happening.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies