Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump...
Naive 8 4.52%
Stupid 18 10.17%
Evil 7 3.95%
All of the above 87 49.15%
None of the above 57 32.20%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 01:04 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
That reminds me of something too - namely why I actually have more respect for the sensitive, easily upset people (by the uber-macho estimation) than I do for thick-skinned jut jawed bull in the china shop type personalities. Certainly I have (on average) less disrespect for the "thin skinned, sensitive" types than I do for the opposite. For one simple reason: as a group, they are more concerned about others feelings than (again, as a group) the socially dominant types.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:07 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Is Trump Naive? Stupid? Evil? Or All of the Above? Regardless, he's better than the alternative.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:20 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
I'd say none of the above. I think he just doesn't see anything outside his own needs.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:21 PM

7,150 posts, read 4,904,543 times
To All of the Above, let's add:
Greedy
Egotistical
Weird

Old 06-18-2017, 01:25 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
I think he's selfish.

Calling him stupid almost excuses him from wrong doing, so I generally don't accept that as an answer and advise others to do the same. He could be naive, in that he treats the highest public office the same as he would a private sector gig, which is a terrible strategy (as Paul Ryan noted, his ill timed firings of various people would be excused in the private sector).

He could be evil, though I feel that's a bit harsh of an indictment. Like I said, he's selfish. I'm fairly certain one of the main reasons he ran for president was for publicity, which realistically can translate into hotel sales in the long term. The man's go an ego bigger than I've ever seen. But evil? I feel that's pushing it a bit but time could prove me wrong on that.

But Paul Ryan may as well be Satan. Just throwing that in there. And Steve Bannon is actually Satan.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Chalk up two liberal fanatics who are apparently unwilling to stop the hate-filled vitriol and lies that so many have asked us reduce, after the political assassinations of Republicans at a baseball practice last week.

Any chance you two would like to start acting like well-mannered adults, or at least truthful ones, and limit your hatred and smears to just things you can prove? Or at least cite actual evidence for?

The leftist nutcase who shot the Congressmen and cops, did so after a steady diet of the same thing you are shoveling here.

Are you OK with that? Or would you mind dialing it back a little?
Way to straw man there, Roboteer!

I don't like vitriol any more than you do. I even started an entire thread about it a few months ago. At any rate, *nobody* on "the left" I know of is glad for the shooting, and certainly not in my real life, and nobody I know of on C-D besides. That's just sheer slander right there.

Anyway, how about you addressing the rightist nutcases like Michael Savage, Alex Jones, and the Oath Keepers - and the shooter of the Indian guy in Kansas right after Trump's election. Not to mention the violent faction at his campaign rallies. The rightists did their dirty deeds after imbibing a lot of right-wing bile.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:28 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Chalk up two liberal fanatics who are apparently unwilling to stop the hate-filled vitriol and lies that so many have asked us reduce, after the political assassinations of Republicans at a baseball practice last week.

Any chance you two would like to start acting like well-mannered adults, or at least truthful ones, and limit your hatred and smears to just things you can prove? Or at least cite actual evidence for?

The leftist nutcase who shot the Congressmen and cops, did so after a steady diet of the same thing you are shoveling here.

Are you OK with that? Or would you mind dialing it back a little?
LOL. I suggest you peruse the forum for the threads started by your fellow conservatives before you start to point fingers.

Then take a look back at the forum during Obama's presidency.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
LOL. I suggest you peruse the forum for the threads started by your fellow conservatives before you start to point fingers.

Then take a look back at the forum during Obama's presidency.
I tried to rep you again, but said I needed to spread more rep around.

Just gonna say that you said it all right there.

Old 06-18-2017, 01:43 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,669 times
Quote:
Well, there's one fanatic uninterested in mellowing his hatred, lies, and smears, even with the shooting so recently going on, triggered in part by those very things. I suppose he figures the next bullets will hit others and not him.

Anyway, it's always entertaining to be lectured on "free speech" by someone who can't even spell it, much less understand where it comes from.

Anyone else want to take a swing at the concept of limiting what you say to stuff you can prove, or at least can provide evidence to support?
Thanks for the correction. I'll be sure to reconvfefe my argument for you. Plus, if your argument is that someone that misspells a word invalidates their argument then you must really dislike Trump, unless you are logically inconsistent.

Last edited by biggunsmallbrains; 06-18-2017 at 01:52 PM..

Old 06-18-2017, 01:48 PM

6,752 posts, read 3,368,819 times
Donald Trump is none of the things mentioned. The only reason people believe that crap is because the looney liberals and the media tell them to.

The left has had an axe to grind ever since the election and they're not getting over it any time soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies