Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Trump...
Naive 8 4.52%
Stupid 18 10.17%
Evil 7 3.95%
All of the above 87 49.15%
None of the above 57 32.20%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2017, 12:08 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times

Advertisements

I'm going with all of the above. Throw in willful ignorance, which is a form of evil, and his underlying psychoses and you have someone that will go down in infamy.

Trump is evil because he is appealing to prejudice. He is so focused on getting to an evil outcome—discriminating against people on the basis of religion and national origin—that he will deny reality and not even bother with logical arguments.

Trump is not simply the unique case of a normal person who is somehow always dealing with an incomplete or incorrect set of facts, or who makes logical errors, or who is always acting in bad faith —naive, stupid, or evil. He is his own category.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/neil-buch...140850746.html

Old 06-18-2017, 12:11 PM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
To describe Trump, you need a lot more adjectives than we have room for. Dishonest, lying, stupid, childish, ignorant, etc, etc.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:16 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Chalk up two liberal fanatics who are apparently unwilling to stop the hate-filled vitriol and lies that so many have asked us reduce, after the political assassinations of Republicans at a baseball practice last week.

Any chance you two would like to start acting like well-mannered adults, or at least truthful ones, and limit your hatred and smears to just things you can prove? Or at least cite actual evidence for?

The leftist nutcase who shot the Congressmen and cops, did so after a steady diet of the same thing you are shoveling here.

Are you OK with that? Or would you mind dialing it back a little?

Old 06-18-2017, 12:17 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Depends on how you define evil, but I define it as "premeditated conscious and deliberate intent to hurt, harm, or degrade others; or a callous willful indifference to such an end-result". Under that definition, Trump clearly qualifies. He knows very well what he is doing, even assuming genuinely poor social skills. He just doesn't give a damn.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:23 PM

5,705 posts, read 3,671,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Chalk up two liberal fanatics who are apparently unwilling to stop the hate-filled vitriol and lies that so many have asked us reduce, after the political assassinations of Republicans at a baseball practice last week.

Any chance you two would like to start acting like well-mannered adults, or at least truthful ones, and limit your hatred and smears to just things you can prove? Or at least cite actual evidence for?
Feel free to make your counter argument rather than attack the messenger, that's an old tactic. And as far as fanaticism goes, I completely as eschew it. I hate all types of fanaticism, except maybe sports. And I surely don't loose my ability to think critically even when I support something, unlike so many of Trump's supporters.

Plus, trying to put some sort of muzzle on my exercising free speach when in the "politics and other controversies" forum is a bit ridiculous. This is completely unrelated to that tragedy. Trump doesn't get a pass when Trump has ranted and railed against plenty of people since that incident. Just look up his recent tweets.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:23 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Is Trump Naive? Stupid? Evil? Or All of the Above?
All of the above, and petulant.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:24 PM

24,490 posts, read 17,226,594 times
Trump is not a politician. He is not even a lawyer. His approach to problems is not polished. His speech and manner of talk pull no punches. He tells it like it is and that is why he was elected.

Trump may be a little naive to the ins and outs through the swamp of DC and naive to just how badly he would be treated when he became President but I feel that he believes he is doing the best he can for America and the common man.

Old 06-18-2017, 12:40 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Is Trump Naive? Stupid? Evil? Or All of the Above?[/url]
You have inspired me to create my first poll. See- //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post48545553

Last edited by functionofx; 06-18-2017 at 01:11 PM..

Old 06-18-2017, 12:46 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
never met him- then could give a better opinion-- I say that- because in many ways-- i think he is a puppet in this job

Old 06-18-2017, 01:04 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
The leftist nutcase who shot the Congressmen and cops, did so after a steady diet of the same thing you are shoveling here.
Are you OK with that? Or would you mind dialing it back a little?
Quote:
Originally Posted by biggunsmallbrains View Post
Feel free to make your counter argument rather than attack the messenger, that's an old tactic. And as far as fanaticism goes, I completely as eschew it. I hate all types of fanaticism, except maybe sports. And I surely don't loose my ability to think critically even when I support something, unlike so many of Trump's supporters.

Plus, trying to put some sort of muzzle on my exercising free speach when in the "politics and other controversies" forum is a bit ridiculous. This is completely unrelated to that tragedy. Trump doesn't get a pass when Trump has ranted and railed against plenty of people since that incident. Just look up his recent tweets.
Well, there's one fanatic uninterested in mellowing his hatred, lies, and smears, even with the shooting so recently going on, triggered in part by those very things. I suppose he figures the next bullets will hit others and not him.

Anyway, it's always entertaining to be lectured on "free speech" by someone who can't even spell it, much less understand where it comes from.

Anyone else want to take a swing at the concept of limiting what you say to stuff you can prove, or at least can provide evidence to support?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies