Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 07:55 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
I was a little surprised to see that the killer was Hispanic. I was expecting to see a brain-dead redneck like the guy who killed the men on the train in Portland a while back.

Why on earth are you surprised? What gives you the impression that Hispanics and Muslims are chill?

Suspected Queens shooter of Imam and friend nabbed by cops - NY Daily News

A Somali Influx Unsettles Latino Meatpackers - The New York Times

Besides, Muslims fight with everyone, no matter where in the world they are present. Just wait until significant numbers of Muslims start migrating to Latin America. They are already protesting against it in Brazil. (If it ever even happens in Latin America, as Latinos generally are stronger in protection of their people and culture than Europeans).

Old 06-19-2017, 08:01 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
I was a little surprised to see that the killer was Hispanic. I was expecting to see a brain-dead redneck like the guy who killed the men on the train in Portland a while back.

no, you're thinking of those that come on to these threads and deflect

Old 06-19-2017, 08:02 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Last week we (those of us who lean left) were defending ourselves because one nut job made progressive politics his motivating factor to kill people with different views. Now, many of us (again, those of us who lean left) are using this and the London attack to validate what we don't like about right wing views (without even knowing for sure what motivated this guy). Can we at least keep a somewhat even keel here? These acts are NOT Left or Right wing attacks. They're angry, unhinged individuals grasping at anything they can latch onto to justify their heinous acts. Nothing more. This guy, or the attacker in London does NOT represent Americans on the Right. The guy last week who shot the Congressman does NOT represent Americans on the Left. Period. This is a tragedy carried out on an innocent girl by a violent lunatic.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:05 AM

653 posts, read 816,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Obviously he "looks illegal" too.

Wonder if there are makeup tutorials on YouTube on how to achieve the illegal Muslim look? Maybe a specific shade of bronzer is key.
right ? bc every latino in america is an illegal, right?

Old 06-19-2017, 08:10 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick5575 View Post
right ? bc every latino in america is an illegal, right?
No, but a great many are. Something like 6.5 million from Mexico alone.
I think its fair to say that when anyone envisions an illegal they aren't imagining a person from Iceland.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:14 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Police: Man arrested, charged in death of missing Fairfax Co. girl | WTOP

Perhaps it is gang related, they aren't even investigating it as a hate crime. They sure seem to know a lot more than they are telling us.
So that article said she got in an argument with the guy and he assaulted her, then she went missing, then they found the remains later in a pond. So what happened? Did everyone run away and leave her while she was being assaulted? Did she get away and then he grabbed her while they were running away? Did they know each other?

It didn't say anything about a bat in that story. Where did that come from? Maybe other local accounts I guess. This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with her religion. Probably just that she was female. Sick!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:33 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Where's all of the white woman power feminists? Won't hear a peep out of them as usual. Too busy lying about the wage gap I guess and trying to get paid maternity leave so they can have a baby without a man and have the govt support them.

How many attacks is this on Muslim women within the last year now?

Very sad.

The problem is they're going to continue to be targeted because they're easier to spot and they stick out due to the headgear they wear.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:37 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Probably has a MS-13 tatt somewhere.

Anyways since the victim was Muslim, don't expect too much sympathies around these parts.
The fact that she was Muslim is not the issue, the issue is a young woman was beaten to death by a evil or deranged killer that needs to be hanged.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:39 AM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Oh you're talking about one of Bernie Sanders boys right....nice try but he was no redneck, just another violent liberal fanatic.

Old 06-19-2017, 08:43 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Oh you're talking about one of Bernie Sanders boys right....nice try but he was no redneck, just another violent liberal fanatic.
No that guy wasn't a berner. You're thinking of the baseball guy that shot at the republicans. Or, you're being deliberately obtuse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies