Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2017, 09:45 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Given that you can't seem to answer, and are just repeating yourself to dodge the question, let me help you.

Our current concept of "equality", in the political sense that we understand today, originates from the Enlightenment era in the 18th century, through the work of early empiricists such as John Locke. It began as a theory on social inequalities stemming from the concept of private property, later to incorporate the other components we associate with today's social justice movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discourse_on_Inequality

It is based upon observations of civil society, and in some cases of the animal kingdom, followed by empirical modeling based upon those observations. So it is an empirico-inductive, sometimes an abductive, sociopolitical theory.
Except I'm not dodging the question.

Equality is self-explanatory. You're blowing smoke to desperately try to hide the fact that I provided a logical deduction when you said there wasn't one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2017, 09:51 AM

225 posts, read 216,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
A doctor without a uterus would have a theoretical understanding of what menstrual cramps feel like. A doctor with a uterus would have both the theoretical understanding as well as personal experience with what a menstrual cramp feels like.

Then answer each proposition separately and as succinctly as you can:

How is feminism unworkable?

How does feminism contradict scientifically verifiable biological differences? What are these scientifically verifiable biological differences?

And how is feminism, in the long term, fundamentally incompatible with a self-sustaining civilization?
Sure, let's spam the thread with the same questions again and again in such an unbearably annoying way that he has to answer the question. That'll work out well.

But here's my 0.02c courtesy of PJW...

How is feminism contrary to biology?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:03 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,323,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Equality is self-explanatory.I don't need an argument or thesis to justify it.
Quote:
Equality is self-explanatory. You're blowing smoke to desperately try to hide the fact that I provided a logical deduction when you said there wasn't one.
Quote:
You are asking for something that is not required. Equality is self-explanatory.
That's a three-fold repetition with essentially no new information, despite the axiology being shown not to work, and the epistemological history of social equality explained.

I think you know you're being dishonest, so we'll leave it at that.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:09 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Maginot Line View Post
Sure, let's spam the thread with the same questions again and again in such an unbearably annoying way that he has to answer the question. That'll work out well.

Care to share a video from someone with a little less, say, controversial nature? A scientific study? Some other sort of piece that doesn't say things like only weird degenerate men will love anyone who is not thin and beautiful? That's an opinion unless there is actual evidence that a "normal" man (whatever the crap that is) can never want a woman that doesn't fit the current societal beauty standards, which have not been the same throughout time, every culture, etc.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,861,612 times
Quote:
That's a three-fold repetition with essentially no new information, despite the axiology being shown not to work, and the epistemological history of social equality explained.

I think you know you're being dishonest, so we'll leave it at that.
Your desperation is showing.

I provided a logical deduction which you cannot actually dispute.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:15 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,323,773 times
Quote:

Wow.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:17 AM

225 posts, read 216,303 times
Quote:
Your desperation is showing.

I provided a logical deduction which you cannot actually dispute.
Are we going to have to bring out the magic roundabout theme tune again.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:17 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
Quote:
He made the statements. All I'm asking him to do is to explain them all within the bounds of a single post because the explanation has been spread out over the course of 100+ posts. If it appears to be "spamming" the thread, it's because the request for information has been continuously lost in the shuffle without a response from the poster in question. Perhaps it is your desire that he never get the chance to properly respond and educate those who currently understand the world differently?

After all, we're talking about some pretty complex topics here. It currently does nobody any justice when such high level theorems are not given the chance to be read and discussed. So please, instead of trying to bury the request with your snark, give Hightower72 the chance to explain his propositions in full so that we can better understand and learn from them.

With each proposition discussed separately, I'm genuinely curious:

How is feminism unworkable?

How does feminism contradict scientifically verifiable biological differences? What are these scientifically verifiable biological differences?

And how is feminism, in the long term, fundamentally incompatible with a self-sustaining civilization?

Old 06-22-2017, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Wow.
While I cannot say that I believe in your theory (yet or ever, who knows, I'll leave it open in the name of logic), I appreciate that you at least approach it from a scholarly way, instead of promoting stuff like this. Thank you.

Old 06-22-2017, 10:51 AM

Quote:
^

I was thinking of who would go on my ignore list for this thread. Then I realised that would censor pretty much all of the feminists on this thread
*Shrug* doesn't mean much to me. Your right to choose who you don't wish to hear from, and still laughing at the idea that I am some extreme feminist or anything. If all it takes is stating that you want to not be treated as a second class citizen just because I fall into an entire gender, that's a low bar.

I would suggest that you save the ire for the actual radical feminists that people claim take it too far, but ignore me if you like. Life will roll along for me and for you also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies