Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2017, 07:16 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Here we go, folks! Manafort owed over $17,000,000.00 to Russian businesses, "the eighth man" in the Don Jr meeting last year is linked to a money laundering investigation, and now Trump himself has business ties to a bank accused of money laundering.

I sure hope all the obnoxious, arrogant Trump supporters that kept screaming "there are no ties to Russia" stick around after this thing blows up in Trump's face. But they will probably just log off of City-Data for a while and refuse to eat crow.
Do you know how large that bank is?

Over 100,000 employees in 70 countries.

My guess is that over 50% of large development companies have "ties" to that bank.

Can you at least throw in another anonymous source or two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 07:24 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,924,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Here we go, folks! Manafort owed over $17,000,000.00 to Russian businesses, "the eighth man" in the Don Jr meeting last year is linked to a money laundering investigation, and now Trump himself has business ties to a bank accused of money laundering.

I sure hope all the obnoxious, arrogant Trump supporters that kept screaming "there are no ties to Russia" stick around after this thing blows up in Trump's face. But they will probably just log off of City-Data for a while and refuse to eat crow.
Deutsche Bank was fined for the role in Russian money laundering schemes & for their role in the recent global financial imbroglio:

Quote:
Deutsche Bank agrees to pay US £5.8bn fine over role in subprime mortgage crisis

'Deutsche Bank did not merely mislead investors: It contributed directly to an international financial crisis.' - US Attorney General, Loretta Lynch

Deutsche Bank agrees to pay US £5.8bn fine over role in subprime mortgage crisis | The Independent

At least Deutsche Bank admitted responsibility, here in the US? No such admission of guilt, no such acceptance of responsibility. Here in the US, those responsible pay fines & turn down government appointments.

Old 07-20-2017, 08:32 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Mueller should be fired if he thinks he can just investigate anything he wants. He does not have a blank check to go wherever he wants looking for something to justify the existence of his job. Get ready to get his leash pulled or his finances pulled.

Show me the man and I will find you the crime.

The problem with "special Investigators"... They get paid an enormous amount of money for the investigation, they feel they have to find something. Anything, or the people will think it was a big waste of money.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:00 AM

78,408 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
TREASON is an even better charge..... for this SAUDI & RUSSIAN BUTT-KISSER!
Say what? Every US president from the last 30+ years has been extremely pro-Saudi due to our under the table agreements with them in exchange for helping to keep oil reasonably cheap.

Not sure I'm understanding this complaint, maybe you don't either.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:36 AM

3,042 posts, read 5,001,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Now that two-decades-long relationship is coming under scrutiny.

Banking regulators are reviewing hundreds of millions of dollars in loans made to Mr. Trump’s businesses through Deutsche Bank’s private wealth management unit, which caters to an ultrarich clientele, according to three people briefed on the review who were not authorized to speak publicly.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/19/b...l?ref=business

"Follow The Money"!
The thing I dislike about these articles is that they fill it with fluff, with only one sentence explaining the reasoning:

Quote:
there is no formal investigation of the bank — and personal guarantees are often required when people receive big loans from their wealth managers — the New York regulators have questioned whether the guarantee could create problems for Deutsche Bank should Mr. Trump fail to pay his debts.
It's not a story about Trump. The whole story is about a what-if scenario for the bank, should the President default on his debts. They aren't even looking in to what would happen to Trump.

Old 07-20-2017, 10:50 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Show me the man and I will find you the crime.

The problem with "special Investigators"... They get paid an enormous amount of money for the investigation, they feel they have to find something. Anything, or the people will think it was a big waste of money.
Republicans didn't have a problem with that with Clinton.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:20 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,444,621 times
It seems sometimes as though being investigated for financial irregularity is a badge of honor--as though skirting the edge is admirable.

We need to hobble the new robber barons.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:20 AM

35,692 posts, read 21,049,622 times
Lord unveil ALL in the dark----- for the world to see

Old 07-23-2017, 09:22 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,698,352 times
You watch, Trump is going to try a hail Mary pass by getting rid of Mueller , and it is going to bite him in the behind. He has always gotten away with stuff like that, but he is wearing out his welcome.

Old 07-23-2017, 09:56 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,571,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
THis stuff may have already been posted but I'm doing it now...How has the American people let this man take over the country. How long will this go on with him as Commander in Thief.

Trump owes $300 million to bank involved in global money laundering scheme led by Russian criminals

I heard on the news TODAY, when Obama attempted to take out a second mortgage on his house, the "officials" at the white house said No he cannot do that...
The bank is Deutche Bank. A lot of depositors and borrowers would be implicated if the same logic applied. It's one of largest banks in the world.

Quote:
From 2014, only two western lenders were willing to accept international dollar transfers from Latvian banks. They were Deutsche and Germany’s Commerzbank. Deutsche eventually withdrew correspondent services to Trasta Bank in September 2015.

Last edited by lchoro; 07-23-2017 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies