Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 05:39 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,352,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Believe me, white women who wear cornrows would be considered unprofessional too. In fact, I personally would consider a black woman wearing cornrows as far more professional than a white woman wearing them. I think it looks better on black people than it does on white people.

As for hoop earrings, what are they talking about? There is no way she and a few of her WOC invented hoop earrings. They have existed in cultures for thousands of years, and started in what is now known as Iraq. The Greeks and Romans wore them. Pirates wore them. My mother wore them in the '70s. Women have been wearing them forever, in all cultures. It's ridiculous to claim white women are not allowed to wear them.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.abc10...olor/422942293
I've heard complaints that it's an easy way for black people to wear their hair, and people look at it like because white people wear their hair in corn rows it's being converted from just a practical thing to do into something that looks trashy, because white people do it to purely to look good rather than because it's practical...but for one thing, I see it as silly to make such complaints. Nobody's going to win that uphill battle anyway. The better solution, the one that might actually solve something, would be to try to spread the word through society that black people are just wearing corn rows for practical reasons, or try to change culture so that they're not seen as unprofessional on everyone or something.

But complaining about hoop earrings? Jesus Christ. Talk about people hunting desperately for things to complain for no reason, and striving to create as much problems for society as possible.

Last edited by Clintone; 06-20-2017 at 06:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 05:43 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,402,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron

What does my DNA have to do with my culture? And who cares? At least europeans bave their roots. Americans are nothing more than a bastardization of them.

Lol, says the guy who wants to identify as HISPANIC? Unless you're from Iberia, you're living a 5X poorly copied facsimile of true Latin culture. Or do Latinos think Spanish and Portuguese, Catholic religious holiday and traditions are indigenous to the western hemisphere?

The various cultures of Latin America are nothing but the bastardized step-children of Spanish and Portuguese cultures...with the elites in each country constantly trying to prove how they can trace their ancestors directly back to Spain with no dip in the native or black gene pool along the way, if at all possible.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
Yes they are, its their culture. Stick to your own lane pls
Okay. I'm going to eat Mexican food now while reading a book called "The Te of Piglet" and possibly end up practicing an Americanized version of the Eastern religion of Taoism. Then I'm going to listen to a couple songs of these people, who are one of my favorite bands: Home - Carolina Chocolate Drops

and I'm going to think about how, even if country music was not part of their ancestor's culture, anyone who would say they shouldn't play it is a delusional moron fantasizing about mindless dragons they want to slay called the bad people.

The bad people are a lot like zombies. They have the following characteristics: 1. They're mindless. 2. They have no sense of self. 3. They serve no purpose except being an antagonist to fight. 4. They don't exist...because most people who appropriate others' cultures do so because they're getting something useful out of it, and that transforms it into an important part of those user's culture.

And when Caucasian American Neil Gaiman wrote "Anansi Boys," that version of Anansi was his. He created it. He owes squat to anyone's else.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:51 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
The social justice absurdicrats are at it again...
They need an Outrage Of The Day .... they decided on hoop earrings, lip liner & eye liner.
They remain clueless that they are nothing but a Joke.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210

If you don't share, then this isn't the place for you, and you shouldn't be here. I'm willing to bet you're not descended from the just 9% of Americans-of-Mexican-descent (who were basically all former Spaniards, actually) who were present on THIS side of the border when Mexico lost its territories to the Anglos.

So, stick to your own nations pls.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve McDonald View Post
Hoop earrings were first worn by the Ancient Sumerians, a Middle-Eastern Country, many thousands of years in the past. Then, they were adopted by the Greeks and Romans and eventually, by almost every other culture, at some time or another. it's one of the oldest and most widely-used types of jewelry.

https://wickedwondersvipbling.com/hi...-hoop-earring/
Who the hell cares what their history was, and why wold they? It's totally irrelevant.

Old 06-20-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clintone View Post
Who the hell cares what their history was, and why wold they? It's totally irrelevant.

The only ones I ever see actually TRULY appropriating cultures (as compared to sampling or indulging in other cultures) are the crazy Afrocentrist types. Otherwise, cultural appropriation just isn't a thing.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:01 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
good to know you'll be giving up your cell phone and laptop use soon.

Old 06-20-2017, 06:10 AM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
We will, tell whites to quit trying to claim is to pad your numbers then in the census. I would love to identify as ONLY Hispanic
The tall, light skinned Spanish one or the short, dark skinned, wide nosed Mestizo?

Old 06-20-2017, 06:13 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Why is silliness like this " news"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies