Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2017, 10:34 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron210 View Post
We will, tell whites to quit trying to claim is to pad your numbers then in the census. I would love to identify as ONLY Hispanic
Bah. First world problems.

There are only four races of humans identified by science:

Caucasoid
Negroid
Mongoloid
Australoid.

You don't get to just make one up cupcake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 10:56 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Nice to see some of the young people working so hard to bring racism back. At least they're working hard at something.
Remember the crap that was acceptable just ten years ago?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RR5E1IORHiI
Here's a coma inducing video from 2008. I think it reaches offensive level 10 for everyone now. lol
Warning snowflakes, there is offensive content.

Old 06-20-2017, 11:02 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I agree with this. And FWIW I don't think the discussion deserves a fight or anything. Just wanted to point out that whites are and have changed hip hop/rap music and that since white Americans are the largest consumers of the genre now, and it is the most popular genre of music in the country today, that in the future more and more of the artist will be white Americans and not black Americans.
In fifty years white people will be the minority. So let's hope others keep hip hop alive.
https://mic.com/articles/106252/the-...red#.JDXKemOC7

Old 06-20-2017, 11:30 AM

1,548 posts, read 912,981 times
The white chicks should wear them in their nose. With a bone. See how that goes over.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:03 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Not sure what you are getting at with your first paragraph.....

Black people never stopped playing rock. Black people do like Rock...

Black people also love Jimi Hendrix and I never said that anyone was "upset." Only that what you hear in mainstream music and radio moved from the bluesy rock to the pop rock that you mentioned in your second paragraph. There are still black Blues musicians today performing and black Rock musicians still performing today. You just don't see/hear about them much because white pop rock is more popular. Same thing is happening to rap, which you mentioned. Rap is becoming mainstream. Anytime a music becomes mainstream it is stripped of its authenticity and made to appeal to the widest mass of consumers in the country, which happens to be white Americans. Rap will continue to be "pop"ularized. There are still good underground rap/hip hop artist that aren't in the pop category. But I do think that whites are "taking over" rap music. They are the largest consumers of rap music in the country and so record companies, producers, and artists cater toward them and doing that means there will be more white rap artists taking over the genre.

ETA: It was odd you stated no white people were upset at Jimi Hendrix for playing Rock, why would they be? White people like good music too. White people loved Elvis and he stole a lot of songs from black Blues singers and popularized them. Rock n Roll, as I stated, is an offshoot, meaning a particular style of the Blues. Not sure how you believe that black people stopped playing Rock when it is a part of the Blues genre and black people still play Blues. The characteristics of Rock, with the use of specific rifts on electric guitar are from the Blues. Also, it is a common misconception that black people don't like Rock music. I honestly don't know any black people who don't like Rock music, especially Classic Rock which is much more bluesy in nature than the current pop rock. Hell, most black people of a certain age know all the 80s pop rock hits, just like white Americans. I also was a fan of particular rock bands in the 90s as were most of my black friends.
I'm glad to hear that black people like rock, though honestly most of the black people I know don't really like it. I have nothing against that at all. As far as I know, black people have always played the blues (and kick ass too). I wasn't trying to be rude or disagreeable at all. I just don't see a lot of black people liking rock in my world. In fact, I don't see a lot of young people liking rock anymore. Maybe it's just where I live.

Rap on the other hand seems to be enjoyed by many different people, and a look at the rap artists today show some white people but still a lot of black people. There is the rap-rock genre too, that I really dig.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:09 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Caucasoid
Negroid
Mongoloid
Australoid.

FYI - none of those categories are used by "science" anymore. More and more scientists today agree that there is no such thing as different "races" amongst the human species.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:10 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,315,362 times
What cultures? It was the custom in Meditarranean cultures (Hispanic, Italian, Greek, etc.) to pierce girls ears when they were babies. I am going to guess it was the same in African culture. It was done by a Nana or Abuela with a sewing needle and thread generations ago.

My Nana (born 1900) went against culture and didn't pierce Mom's ears. Mom complained all the time that screw or clip earrings were very uncomfortable, got lost, etc. Hoop or long dangling earings more so.

Just the African culture? Don't think so. Spanish Dancers? Middle Eastern Belly Dancers? They are just copying African culture? More to do with cultures that pierced baby girls ears so they COULD wear hoop or long dangling earrings.

Last edited by Jo48; 06-20-2017 at 12:20 PM..

Old 06-20-2017, 12:11 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,357,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post

Caucasoid
Negroid
Mongoloid
Australoid.

Those 4 races are used with caution though. Not enough genetic difference is present between any groupings to constitute a taxonomic classification of "race".

Race as you've presented it is a social construct.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:16 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,115,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Those 4 races are used with caution though. Not enough genetic difference is present between any groupings to constitute a taxonomic classification of "race".

Race as you've presented it is a social construct.
She still doesn't get to make up a race called Hispanic. That is not a race. It is an ethnicity whether miss fashion police likes it or not.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:17 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,821,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I'm glad to hear that black people like rock, though honestly most of the black people I know don't really like it. I have nothing against that at all. As far as I know, black people have always played the blues (and kick ass too). I wasn't trying to be rude or disagreeable at all. I just don't see a lot of black people liking rock in my world. In fact, I don't see a lot of young people liking rock anymore. Maybe it's just where I live.

Rap on the other hand seems to be enjoyed by many different people, and a look at the rap artists today show some white people but still a lot of black people. There is the rap-rock genre too, that I really dig.
Rock is not as popular as it used to be. Rap is the new popular music so all the young people of all backgrounds are "into" it.

And I'll note, I don't go around blasting rock music even though I like the genre and listen to it at home. Black people you know may just not play it all the time or they have a favorite radio station in the car or office that they listen to all the time. At work I mostly listen to pop music or neo-soul/R&B. Right now, ironically, I'm listening to Muddy Waters - one of my favorite Blues men who the British rock stars admitted was their greatest influence in the 60s and 70s. Also John Lee Hooker.

Many non-hip/hop artists "rap" in their songs now, even pop rock musicians and country music stars. There are a lot more white rappers than there used to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies