Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 02:57 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Paolella View Post
Incorrect. A 5% to 30% rise is not sufficient to induce the mayhem and destruction we see in areas of 70% fatherlessness. If the 30% one day devolves to 70%, we will see the destructive effects. It's not a function of race, it's a function of immoral and destructive behavior. Such behavior will destroy people who practice it, regardless of the reflectivity of their skin.

We see that. It's there to be seen.

Your slavery-victim narrative is a non-sequitir to the cause of the problem. The cause lies in the CHOICE to behave irresponsibly. Nothing to do with color. Everything to do with choices. Bad choices.
Explain why a rise of 600% (from 5% to 30%) in the rate of a phenomenon that is said to be linked to crime, violence, poverty, etc, is insufficient to demonstrate that cause and effect? I could see a rise from 1% to 5%, but a rise from 5% to 30% is more than enough to demonstrate cause and effect in a population. Rarely does a statistician need to sample 30% of the population to extrapolate a pattern of cause and effect.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:30 PM

11,337 posts, read 11,033,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
Explain why a rise of 600% (from 5% to 30%) in the rate of a phenomenon that is said to be linked to crime, violence, poverty, etc, is insufficient to demonstrate that cause and effect? I could see a rise from 1% to 5%, but a rise from 5% to 30% is more than enough to demonstrate cause and effect in a population. Rarely does a statistician need to sample 30% of the population to extrapolate a pattern of cause and effect.
Because the effects of single parenthood take time to fester and destroy, like cancer. There is an inertia to destruction. It takes several generations to destroy expectations, morality, and character. The first illegitimate parents have better role models surrounding them, and do their best to emulate and replace what is missing. The decline becomes gradual, but inevitable. As each generation makes the same mistake over and over, expectations and morality collapse. Until you have the spectacle of deviants proclaiming that two parents aren't necessary and one can do the same job with societal assistance (welfare). So we see generations of single parents bringing up children without any proper role modeling, dumped in day care and living in Section 8 squalor. And we think equality can ever come from that? Of course it can't. It's preposterous. Only the best can make it out of that nightmare, and the bell curve of humanity has few standouts. Most of us are just average and need the full faith and credit of 2 parents and financial responsibility and stability to make it to a quality adulthood.

You can't have equality under these circumstances. Just each successive failed generation becoming more hysterical and more filled with hate at something that seems impossible to shake. Looking for someone to simultaneously: 1) Blame, and, oddly, 2) Take from. There will never be equality be until their is an Enlightenment of Responsibility and Reason that causes people to stop making the choice to do drugs, disrespect education, get knocked up, anesthetize with substances, and eff with law enforcement.

Or, alternatively, the whole society can go to the 70% knocked up formula, in which case our entire civilization is doomed.

Old 07-05-2017, 03:41 PM

16,547 posts, read 8,584,349 times
Quote:
That is the problem. You all think this is some kind of GAME....and you seem fixated on it being a game of cards....ergo..."race card"........"winning hand"......what's up with that?

Anyway, please spare me your anecdotes unless you can prove yourself to be the microcosm of whiteness and that your personal experience represents the general rule. Again, showing "black privilege" or the attempt thereof, is no different from the deflection of mentioning blacks who owned slaves during the slave era. Its deflection and obfuscation.
Well for starters, the use of the term game was just a figure of speech, with no deeper meaning.

I cannot speak for all whites, nor do I know if my experiences mirror a small, medium or large group of them.
I could even say that most whites I've known and associated with over my life mostly came from humble beginnings. But that could be because of my employment or social circles. Still whom we know on a personal basis hardly is statistically significant. I was trying to give you a flavor with my background, hoping to find common ground or empathy on your part. I guess I succeeded at neither.

Lastly, I said I do not believe in either black or white privilege, but that did not seem to register with you. Just as I do not believe in so called "hate crimes", if liberals insist we play that GAME, I will demand they apply it equally, not just in favor of minorities and used against whites.

Old 07-05-2017, 05:02 PM

2,295 posts, read 2,367,680 times
Quote:
Oh....I am more than interested in an open and honest discussion, but its hard to have one. Why are you hell bent on putting the cart before the horse? If you cannot agree on the theory that past injustices should be reconciled, in the abstract, then what does it matter what the end state looks like? If you cannot agree that energies, be it dollars, time, policies, programs, efforts should be directed (this means targeting), then your questions to me are really rhetorical......are they not?
I think I have clearly acknowledged that wrong was done, steps have been taken to correct said wrongs, and that more needs to be done. My question is how much more?

Old 07-05-2017, 06:19 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,700,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXStrat View Post
I think I have clearly acknowledged that wrong was done, steps have been taken to correct said wrongs, and that more needs to be done. My question is how much more?
Well....it seems to me that society does not want much more to be done if they keep asking how much more needs to be done. To me.....you do it until it fixes inequalities. Once a point of equality is reached.....then game over. If blacks fall back after that.....then its all on us. If whites fall behind us....then its all on whites. We both have to be starting from the same place to really have an equal race. The past has put blacks at a disadvantage, economically, psychologically, logistically, socially, culturally...etc. We cannot have a fair race starting from further back and with a limp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies