Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2017, 12:18 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Olson is in my district. He has been pretty silent on Trump from the regular email updates I get from his office.

I definitely would not put him on the extreme side of the aisle.

So I need to check the OPs material.
to be fair that is kind of the point of me putting some links in. the whole idea is that you check them out before responding. I know not everyone bothers, but i even put in the link to take you directly to where he says it.

I am convinced that politicians lie like this to get talked about and to build a base who are desperate to believe the absolute worst about the folks they see as the opposition.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2017, 12:20 PM

8,498 posts, read 4,561,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
TX is the home of horrible pols, from GW Bush, Rick Perry, Ted Cruz....the list goes on. TX is a carbuncle state.

How in the world could you fail to mention Louis Gohmert in your list.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:25 PM

20,458 posts, read 12,381,706 times
I listened to it. didn't hear anything that was utterly shocking.
Bottom line, Bill Clinton met Lynch on the tarmac for more than an hour, just hours before the decision to or not to indict Hillary took place. THAT HAPPENED.

James Comey testified under oath that Lynch clearly indicated she would stop any indictment of Hillary. THAT HAPPENED.

Now Olson did bring up the crazy list of dead people that float face down in the Clinton wake... but all those dead people really are dead.... you may not like it but that doesn't make it some kind of crazy conspiracy.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
to be fair that is kind of the point of me putting some links in. the whole idea is that you check them out before responding. I know not everyone bothers, but i even put in the link to take you directly to where he says it.

I am convinced that politicians lie like this to get talked about and to build a base who are desperate to believe the absolute worst about the folks they see as the opposition.
and I am convinced that the Clintons are the most criminal power people in modern American history.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:26 PM

45,582 posts, read 27,187,569 times
Quote:

When I originally posted, I had not even looked at any of your links.

Look - he probably knows more about the whole thing that I do. The whole situation is unproven as far as public opinion.

If you asked me off the top of my head if Clinton was involved, I would say yes - as would most conservatives. That 's probably Olson's mindset during the interview - and being that he is on the inside, he probably knows the inside skinny on it. But regardless, he has to understand where he is and what he says.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
When I originally posted, I had not even looked at any of your links.

Look - he probably knows more about the whole thing that I do. The whole situation is unproven as far as public opinion.

If you asked me off the top of my head if Clinton was involved, I would say yes - as would most conservatives. That 's probably Olson's mindset during the interview - and being that he is on the inside, he probably knows the inside skinny on it. But regardless, he has to understand where he is and what he says.
So you believe the clintons murdered a man? Just to be clear, you are telling everyone here that you buy into to it, even though not one shred beyond accusations have ever been proved ?

So your standard of proof appears to be, if poeple you like say something enough times it becomes true.

Maybe that is why they do this? Maybe folks like Olson are doing this becausee there are lots of folks who are willing to put aside reason and instead go with salacious and negative fake stories because it suits their desire to debase opponents

Old 06-20-2017, 12:42 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
So you believe the clintons murdered a man? Just to be clear, you are telling everyone here that you buy into to it, even though not one shred beyond accusations have ever been proved ?

So your standard of proof appears to be, if poeple you like say something enough times it becomes true.

Maybe that is why they do this? Maybe folks like Olson are doing this becausee there are lots of folks who are willing to put aside reason and instead go with salacious and negative fake stories because it suits their desire to debase opponents
And this is how far right extremists end up killing people. They believe this sort of nonsense. If Clinton killed all those people, then violence is a acceptable answer. Its why there are more incidents of people being killed in the US by far right extremists, then by Islamic terrorists. The islamic terrorists win on body counts, the far right win on murdered police, and total incidents.
The far left incidents of murder are tiny in comparison.

Old 06-20-2017, 12:48 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Shocked by Texas politics, check out Greg Abbott. Truly deranged. It's a Texas tradition.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:04 PM

17,798 posts, read 13,692,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
and I am convinced that the Clintons are the most criminal power people in modern American history.
Yes, a hayseed from Arkansas and some blue collar daughter from a no name family in Illinois become "the most criminal power people in modern American history." It's an incredible American success story.

Somebody ought to write a book about it.

Old 06-20-2017, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Yes, a hayseed from Arkansas and some blue collar daughter from a no name family in Illinois become "the most criminal power people in modern American history." It's an incredible American success story.

Somebody ought to write a book about it.
be a heck of a book.... and stranger than Stephen King fiction.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies