Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-29-2017, 09:15 PM

711 posts, read 933,104 times

Advertisements

I am not so sure China and Russia would not come to NK aid if they were attacked. They must sense that they would give the US a handful with a united effort against us. While this is going on imagine our other enemies in the middle east adding their clout to the fiasco.
In the atmosphere we are in I shudder when our Pres. choses to deride NATO and irritate long time allies. The idea of better relations with Russia is a very important issue also. Think about it carefully. I see sanctions which hurt the Russian citizens more than deter their gov't and creates more tensions between us.

I'm not sure if it could be done, but I have not heard a blockade suggested. I understand they receive most of their goods and domestic necessities from elsewhere. Perhaps if staying alive were problematical they wouldn't be concentrating on making the US a sea of fire, as they have vowed to do. They might want to negotiate and/or they might overthrow the fat kid.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:10 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
why should he do anything? serious, I would just ignore the little kid

Old 07-29-2017, 10:13 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
North Korea isn't going to have nuclear ICBMs capable of reaching the US for a long time.

Fear monger elsewhere.
THIS is precisely what Trump thought and he tweeted about it back in January. Little Kim has even more incentive to prove Trump wrong after reading that tweet and has ramped up on missile testing even more afterwards. Nice going Trump!! We're going to have a catastrophe on our hands because the Orange Buffoon can't stop goading the Korean megalomaniac....

Experts say that NK has accelerated their nuclear capabilities to a point that by 2018, their missiles will be able to reach the US. Just hope you're not living in Hawaii, Alaska or one of the coastal US cities.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:14 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Maybe he should pull an Obama and ship them a few pallets filled with US taxpayer dollars.

Old 07-29-2017, 10:21 PM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Seriously, what is Trump going to do about North Korea? He railed against Obama doing nothing. What is Trump going to do?
It won't be long now before NK has nuclear-tipped ICBMs capable of reaching the U.S. It's now on Trump to prevent that. What is he going to do?
It's easy to sit back and complain about Obama not stopping it. It's a bit different when YOU are responsible for stopping it.

So, now that Trump admits that having China intervene is not working out - what next?

Ken
Well KEN, what would you do?

Old 07-29-2017, 10:30 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Drone attack would be clean.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:12 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times
With a highly competent and strategic intellect like Donald Trump on the job, I feel very safe and secure about my future.

Seriously, we're ****ed. Trump will be too busy with his latest Twitter fight and enjoying the general incompetent chaos that is his administration to even notice.

Old 07-30-2017, 12:51 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
1. Trump is going to blame China

2. Trump is going to give free publicity to MS-13

3. Trump is going to complain about (take your pick) is weak. Probably will complain about Sessions again.

4. Trump will complain about the Senate.

5. Trump is going to say how disappointed he is with everybody except for Russia, of course.

Russia can do no wrong.

What's Trump going to do about NK? Not a thing.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:01 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,766,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
He's answered that by evoking sanctions on China for the first time in history.

I have a 5 figure manufacturing order in China that is taking a year to complete... I'm nervous that I'll lose my 50% deposit, but this is more important. They (China) need to intervene in NOKO, otherwise we're heading to WWIII and that would make my business, and millions of others, worthless anyway.

EXACTLY!!!

The prior administrations kicked the can down the road. Guess what, we just hit the end of the road!

Bill Clinton, thanks (you brilliant pawn) for handing us this mess.
Won't buy American, huh?

Old 07-30-2017, 02:42 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
It's too late to do anything except accept the fact that North Korea is now a nuclear threat. There are no real solutions without all out war. China was never going to provide the sort of sanctions the U.S. thought it should. Trump only looks like the useless punk that he is with his endless tweets criticizing China. It's a done deal - NK will have nuclear capabilities to attack the U.S. Hopefully their deranged leader understands if he strikes first we will decimate NK but that's where we are. Will not be surprised if Iran is not next.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies