Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2017, 08:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I see no reason to get involved with NK until they can reach the east coast with their missiles.
And then what?

Nothing can be done about NK without major repercussions.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:05 AM

28,670 posts, read 18,788,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
There is only one strategy that we have: shoot the rockets out of the air as quickly as Kim launches them. China cannot object to that and Russia cannot object to that. I'm shocked that China and Russian do not seem to be bothered by the idea that a rogue country with a crazy leader has nuclear capability and is within striking distance of Moscow and Bejing. I think their purpose is to be threatening to us just out of spite more than doing something to eliminate Kim.

So move an Iron Dome Israeli-type system into South Korea. It's not offensive so Russia and China have no reason to be worried. Knock every missile out that Kim launches from now on. Let him squak. The ball is then in his court and he can't harm any of his neighbors. What's wrong with that?
China and Russia have both complained about the installation of any kind of anti-missile system in South Korea as an escalation of the conflict.

That accusation is based on the disingenuous notion that the DPRK is just as much threatened by ROK invasion as the ROK is threatened by a DPRK invasion.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:14 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,920,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I see no reason to get involved with NK until they can reach the east coast with their missiles.
You obviously live on the east coast. I might be your neighbor in the next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
China and Russia have both complained about the installation of any kind of anti-missile system in South Korea as an escalation of the conflict.

That accusation is based on the disingenuous notion that the DPRK is just as much threatened by ROK invasion as the ROK is threatened by a DPRK invasion.
Russia complains because Congress hurt Putin's feelings when they ramped up sanctions against them over the 2016 election.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:23 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
Well, one nuke on the West Coast would sink the US economic system even if we did level North Korea in retaliation. I say between North Korea and global warming, it's pretty much game over.
The left wants to let in 5 million more illegals that will get on welfare I'm sure that will help immensely.

Glad I live in the east..good luck out there left coasties hhahahah.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:23 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
What is Trump going to do about North Korea?

Trump is going to send Kim Jong Un a really nasty tweet!

Old 07-31-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Well that certainly sounds effective.
It appears Trump is finding it's a LOT easier to criticize than to actually solve the problem.
Same ol', same ol'

Ken
Ditto for Republicans.

Old 07-31-2017, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I keep hearing the left demand action. What I don't hear is what action they think he should take.
Should he Nuke them?
Should he pull our troops from Iraq and Afghanistan and invade them?
Should he use the B-2 bomber and drop a bunker buster on good ole Kim?
None of these actions would cause conflict with China or Russia right?
I suppose Trump could build a wall around us and make North Korea pay for it.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:06 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Whatever he does, it will be more than Obama ever did.

Old 07-31-2017, 11:25 AM
Noc

1,435 posts, read 2,069,985 times
What can be done with South Korea a stones throw away? THAT is the issue. This is what North Korea has a leverage. Bush and Obama faced the same issues this is why people are saying have China lean on NK so they'd behave themselves since China still does direct business with NK. The US has no effect on NK when China is still doing business with them. Any action that can hurt NK has to be done to China which has it's own far reaching implication on manufacturing and trade with the US. It's not an easy fix due to SK being right there and sanctions to China with have a financial ripple effect around the globe.

Trump knows all of this so what is he ballsy enough to do that will work?

Old 07-31-2017, 01:53 PM

2,752 posts, read 2,760,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
"Getting started" should be expressed as "getting started," not as though it were a government decision already made.
You are upset because you think the headline was misleading? That process may have started a long time ago, and only now is it picking up steam. Now that things have come to a head, it could be that they will ask for and build their own nuclear weapons. I understand your point about misleading headlines, news organizations do it all the time to push things in one direction or another. But, I wouldn't get too fussy about this one, it's kinda obvious that SK will want a nuclear capability to deter the north.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies