Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you "turn back the clock" on feminism?
Female - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 19 8.64%
Female - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 89 40.45%
Male - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 46 20.91%
Male - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 66 30.00%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 06:03 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaker281 View Post
A long tedious thread was created that suggests that women are less happy as a result of feminism.

While women may be less happy for a number of reasons, I doubt the suggestion that their level of "happiness" is due to some evolutionary need to be subservient and wonder if women would turn back the clock, if possible.

I've included both "male" and "female" choices because it might be amusing.
Turn back what "clock" to where? What has "feminism" done for women? It hasn't done anything that I'm aware of. It's really just an attitude.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 07:14 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,863,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
The childcare/maternity issue is simple, don't have a kid until you're married and can afford it. Stop trying to take men and fathers out of the equation and raising daughters to not like men.
Thanks for making my point.
Misinformed, apathetic, willfully ignorant, even misogynistic on complex issues such as reproduction, pregnancy, maternity, childcare and family court are the very reasons we still need feminism around.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:18 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,250,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Turn back what "clock" to where? What has "feminism" done for women? It hasn't done anything that I'm aware of. It's really just an attitude.
Er...the right to vote, the chance of custody after a divorce, the right to equal pay for equal work, the right to attend university, the list goes on and on. I mean come on, the list is really long, I'm sure you must have heard of something that feminism has done for women

Old 10-13-2017, 08:35 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Misinformed, apathetic, willfully ignorant, even misogynistic on complex issues such as reproduction, pregnancy, maternity, childcare and family court are the very reasons we still need feminism around.
What the hell are you talking about are you absolutely insane?? Family court is against men and on average favors women drastically!!! This is well known especially in the African American community. This is total raging 3rd wave feminist nonsense complete with whatever the stupid man hating catch phrase term of the day is. What part of do not have a child out of wedlock do you not understand? Childcare is a PARENTING issue, not a FEMINIST issue. If you want to make a case that the daycare system needs overhauled, then make the case, however, this has ZERO to do with feminism. What are you trying to say fathers aren't part of the equation? Childcare effects everyone!

Old 10-13-2017, 09:34 AM

Quote:
What the hell are you talking about are you absolutely insane?? Family court is against men and on average favors women drastically!!! This is well known especially in the African American community. This is total raging 3rd wave feminist nonsense complete with whatever the stupid man hating catch phrase term of the day is. What part of do not have a child out of wedlock do you not understand? Childcare is a PARENTING issue, not a FEMINIST issue. If you want to make a case that the daycare system needs overhauled, then make the case, however, this has ZERO to do with feminism. What are you trying to say fathers aren't part of the equation? Childcare effects everyone!
Misinformed and willfully ignorant on complex issues such as reproduction, pregnancy, maternity, childcare and family court are the very reasons we still need feminism around.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:42 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
You should tell that to my son who successfully obtained full custody of his little boy in family court, the mother now has supervised visitation and is ordered to pay my son child support.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:46 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
You should tell that to my son who successfully obtained full custody of his little boy in family court, the mother now has supervised visitation and is ordered to pay my son child support.
That's like a one in a million case though. Fathers are treated like crap for the most part in family court.

Old 10-13-2017, 09:57 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
The emancipation of women, as opposed to radical feminism, is the largest single societal force since the Enlightenment, and I don't have a problem with it. What I do have a problem with is the attachment of all "women's issues" to a broad-spectrum Leftist ideology. That and, at the other end of the economic spectrum, the continued hijacking of real progress by Madison Avenue, Hollywood, and a culture of trending, spending, and gender-bending. It's the young, our boys in particular, with a diminished sense of a heritage and the responsibility that goes with it, who will pay the cost over the long run.
Largely why both my daughters laugh at what they call today's feminism.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Exactly. When men get active in court they stand as good of a chance getting what they seek as women. The problem is most men aren't proactive in their divorce, don't want custody or don't seek custody. There are significantly more male judges and legislator than there are women judges and legislators so I don't see how and bias in family court is due to feminism or man hating.

Old 10-13-2017, 10:21 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Defending Mr "Grab em by the *****" I see. And I agree, Trump is the Harvey Weinstein of Politics.

And if you think this is just about hiring decisions, you've been living in a nice cushy bubble for way too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies