Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you "turn back the clock" on feminism?
Female - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 19 8.64%
Female - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 89 40.45%
Male - Yes, would turn back the clock on feminism 46 20.91%
Male - No, would not turn back the clock on feminism 66 30.00%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 09:58 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Republicans tend to be very beta males posing as alphas, they are afraid of strong independent women they feel threatened by them and thus they very much want to go back to the old days when white males dominated everything.

Me? Hell why would want my daughter subservient to a man ? Why would i want a wife who does what she is told and pretends i am right when i am often completely wrong?

NOpe, not for me or mine. But i fully how how scary the world is to so many Trumpers, they are afraid of skin tone, sexual organs, accents and religious beliefs... "sad".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 10:00 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,433,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The feminists do NOT represent a strong woman. A strong woman does not become unhinged,does not scream obscenities ,and whine with hateful rhetoric . Those women are weak hateful and crazy.
You do realize, I hope, that 19th and early 20th century feminists were considered crazy by a lot of the male population simply for marching for the right to vote. Their rhetoric was considered to be "hateful" and was parodied and mocked by the newspapers and editorials of the time. Many were jailed for their beliefs and actions and some were even sent to mental institutions by their husbands. Some lost their children for their "unfeminine" beliefs and their mode of dress, which was considered radical for that period. While the Internet has made every little instance of modern feminist protest accessible at any moment, I would suggest that despite their hyperbole in SOME instances, their actions are not far off from those of the early supporters of women's rights. And there is no way you can say, honestly, that those women were weak.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:17 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
A conservative commentator sharing observation is opinion, not fact.

Here's a question for you:

What is a real man?

A real man thrives on competition, has fears, but he isn’t ruled by them. He learns from his mistakes.
A real man is the Gladiator and appreciates the greatness that is ‘The Gladiator’. He finds someone special, he doesn’t treat her like she’s everyone else. Most of all treats all women with respect when they are respected as a man.
A real man can laugh at himself and weep at sorrow. He has faults and is not perfect.
You can depend on a real man. You can’t depend on a boy.
A real man doesn’t need to be able to fight or to protect himself and his family physically. But it helps.
A real man do whatever it takes to keep his family safe and happy. He lives for something; a purpose beyond his own personal gains.
When real men are tired, discouraged and you think they are about to give up, they achieve great things.
A real man doesn’t stand still while the world passes him by, he continually pushes himself.
A real man leads the way and a listener to find the way.

How did I do?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:20 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post

How did I do?
Pretty damned well!

Old 06-21-2017, 10:24 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,648,665 times
Quote:
A real man thrives on competition, has fears, but he isn’t ruled by them. He learns from his mistakes.
A real man is the Gladiator and appreciates the greatness that is ‘The Gladiator’. He finds someone special, he doesn’t treat her like she’s everyone else. Most of all treats all women with respect when they are respected as a man.
A real man can laugh at himself and weep at sorrow. He has faults and is not perfect.
A real man doesn’t need to be able to fight or to protect himself and his family physically. But it helps.
A real man do whatever it takes to keep his family safe and happy. He lives for something; a purpose beyond his own personal gains.
When real men are tired, discouraged and you think they are about to give up, they achieve great things.
A real man doesn’t stand still while the world passes him by, he continually pushes himself.

How did I do?
Good stuff!

Old 06-21-2017, 10:26 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,738,058 times
Quote:

How did I do?
Lost me at " gladiator".

Excepting the "gladiator" thing, there's nothing unique about these attributes which can be applied to men and women, no?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:27 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
BentBow, well said!!

I wouldn't turn back the clock, but there are always a few that take it above and beyond the norm.

I believe they have also taken away some nice things that men used to do, either by mothering or by telling a man off for opening the door for her.

I've had several men, tell me, that they've tried to hold the door open for some women and the women yelled at them, but fortunately that didn't stop them.

I believe young boys are no longer taught to help old women with their groceries, to step back and allow the woman to go first, to hold the door open for a woman, etc....

Sad.....

Old 06-21-2017, 10:28 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
How are you a "gladiator", BentBow?

Old 06-21-2017, 10:29 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
What you said...didn't even make any sense.

Who's talking about raping anyone? If you're talking about Trump's quote, then sorry, but that isn't even close to rape and groping. Just an old insecure dude bragging about the women he can get because he's rich.

You discredit yourself when you go around acting crazy for something taken way out of context. You also discredit the true feminists who actually have worked hard and paved the way for women today with getting triggered over tabloid fodder.

Go home, you're drunk.
Sorry, not drunk. And yes, it did make sense. Not my problem if you overlook it.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:29 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,038,880 times
Quote:

How did I do?

Other than the gladiator thing (because WTF with the gladiator thing), you're basically talking about a decent woman or man. None of these qualities are gender-specific.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies